It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: In honor of Tommy Ramone. RIP

The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-EKcjpEIGo
Yeah:( I just found out about early that this morning. Though as a "punk rock snob" I feel the need to obnoxiously point out that this song comes from the fourth Ramones record Road to Ruin, which was actually the first record Tommy Ramone did not drum on.

This is from their eponymous debut record, and is that perfect level of snotty adolescence and punk rock attitude that characterized the best of their work, and the best bands that they influenced...which is prettymuch everybody who ever called themselves a punk band

I don't wanna walk around with you

Edit:RIP Thomas"Tommy" Erdelyi , the last original Ramone.
Post edited July 12, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane

Ragnarblackmane: Yeah:( I just found out about early that this morning. Though as a "punk rock snob" I feel the need to obnoxiously point out that this song comes from the fourth Ramones record Road to Ruin, which was actually the first record Tommy Ramone did not drum on.

This is from their eponymous debut record, and is that perfect level of snotty adolescence and punk rock attitude that characterized the best of their work, and the best bands that they influenced...which is prettymuch everybody who ever called themselves a punk band

It's kind of a tangent (joey ramone being a marfan) but I know a guy called Mick who had to have a psych evaluation years ago and his doctor was pretty eccentric and he put a hilarious comment in his report (I cant remember exactly) "despite his marfanoid appearance he is in excellent mental shape"

Also ironically the same guy (Mick), we was all in a club years ago and he trapped off with this girl who looked like said singer and my mate called her "Chloe Ramone" :D

Edit : Mick isn't a marfan, he is just very skinny and tall with long arms and legs but with no medical conditions related to that

Also still listening to the posted set Sellorekt/ LA Dreams - The Perfect Summer mint suggestion, some belters in there!
Post edited July 12, 2014 by CptFandango

Ragnarblackmane: Yeah:( I just found out about early that this morning. Though as a "punk rock snob" I feel the need to obnoxiously point out that this song comes from the fourth Ramones record Road to Ruin, which was actually the first record Tommy Ramone did not drum on.

I was wondering when a punk rock snob would notice that. XD Guess we have our winner!

I grew up with plenty of punk rock snobs, so no offense taken or offered. I pretty much gave up trying to enjoy music with people who would argue with you over what brand of guitar strings a certain band would use, or what they actual album cover was on a band's first record before the mix up at the press factory. It can get a little OCD for sure.
Serpentine Path - Emanations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBpM4xqnVA
chipzel - Spectra
One my favourite debut albums: Pearl Jam - Ten.

On vinyl.

Emob78: I was wondering when a punk rock snob would notice that. XD Guess we have our winner!

I grew up with plenty of punk rock snobs, so no offense taken or offered. I pretty much gave up trying to enjoy music with people who would argue with you over what brand of guitar strings a certain band would use, or what they actual album cover was on a band's first record before the mix up at the press factory. It can get a little OCD for sure.
Oh man...I try not be that bad...anymore...:)

Seriously it's just great that someone else appreciates their brilliance enough to post about the death of a true legend.

Now that we're here though...what's your favorite Ramones record?

Edit:Forgot to mention I'm reliving my misspent youth and listening to some a fantastic classic 2000s crust band, Tragedy
Post edited July 13, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
CthuluIsSpy: Right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-TAZrhYFo

Because balls be trippin'.
An evil haunted magical van that drives around and hits homeless hitch hikers...in order to absorb them...and entertain them....?
Emob78: I was wondering when a punk rock snob would notice that. XD Guess we have our winner!

Ragnarblackmane: Oh man...I try not be that bad...anymore...:)

Seriously it's just great that someone else appreciates their brilliance enough to post about the death of a true legend.

Now that we're here though...what's your favorite Ramones record?

Edit:Forgot to mention I'm reliving my misspent youth and listening to some a fantastic classic 2000s crust band, Tragedy
Probably Weird Tales of the Ramones... because it's a near complete discography. Has almost their entire song list on 2 CDs... plus it came with a really cool Ramones comic book.
CthuluIsSpy: Right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-TAZrhYFo

Because balls be trippin'.
monkeydelarge: An evil haunted magical van that drives around and hits homeless hitch hikers...in order to absorb them...and entertain them....?
I haven't the faintest Idea.
I suspect it's an allegory for drugs or voodoo...or both.

Turbowolf is...weird. Awesome, but weird.

Behold, the techno-skull piano!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPn8yb0l5sg
Post edited July 14, 2014 by CthuluIsSpy
Jimi Hendrix - "The Ultimate Experience"
Old Time Relijun - Vampire sushi

Yes, this is real.
Emob78: Probably Weird Tales of the Ramones... because it's a near complete discography. Has almost their entire song list on 2 CDs... plus it came with a really cool Ramones comic book.
Oh yeah... the comic book is cool, have known a few people who owned that but I never got around to buying it, mostly because I had to take a good look at how much I had already spent on my music collection a few years ago to prioritize my life.

chevkoch: Old Time Relijun - Vampire sushi

Yes, this is real.
WOW...talk about obscure:) Phil Elvrum's old band, I remember where I first learned of them, this old music website called...holy crap it's still around...http://www.epitonic.com. I never really got deeply into them but kudos for posting that so I found the site again!

I'm still listening to Primordial, the song is To the Ends of the Earth
chevkoch: Old Time Relijun - Vampire sushi

Yes, this is real.
That was....Strange
Chris Hülsbeck - Turrican Soundtrack Anthology: Original Sound Version Vol. 1