It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Futureheads - Christmas Was Better In The 80s
Keny Arkana - Indignados

Not something I usually listen to, but some time ago a kind soul sent me this song. I really hope they're doing better nowadays.

The American Dollar - Anything You Synthesize (Ambient). I love listening to this kind of music while walking in nature.

And Victoriya - For You feels more suited for an urban environment.

Something I used to have on repeat: Maybeshewill - He Films The Clouds Pt. 2.

I like both trance and post-rock and thankfully there's no shortage of great songs/artists out there.

The British electronic scene is still alive and kicking: CamelPhat, Christoph and Jem Cooke - Breathe. Jemma is the star here and she reminded me of Gorgon City, another UK-based group she collaborated with recently. My introduction to Gorgon City was Imagination, back in 2015. I was surprised to learn Emeli Sandé was also involved in this project.
And then Duke Dumont's Ocean Drive popped into my head.

Jem Cooke's voice here brought back Moloko memories. I miss those years, I used to love their music and especially Roísín Murphy's voice:
Forever More.
And moving from Sheffield to Bristol... Kosheen - Catch.
Interesting how both Moloko and Kosheen had vocalists born outside England: Roísín in Ireland and Sian Evans in Wales.
Post edited December 15, 2021 by patrikc
I’m listening to my favorite soundtrack from the series "Big Little Lie". Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka. I just love this song. When I hear it, I immediately relax, disconnect from the outside world and are morally transported to the coast of Australia. I don't know how it works, before that no soundtrack from the movie or series affected me like that. Sometimes I want to watch this series again just because every series starts with this song.
Olive000: Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka. I just love this song. When I hear it, I immediately relax, disconnect from the outside world and are morally transported to the coast of Australia. I don't know how it works, before that no soundtrack from the movie or series affected me like that. Sometimes I want to watch this series again just because every series starts with this song.
I absolutely love Cold Little Heart, especially this version.
For those not aware... Michael Kiwanuka is a British singer-songwriter of Ugandan origins, I daresay one of the best voices of UK as of right now. Also, listen to that guitar: Love and Hate.
Alan Walker and Sophia Somajo - Diamond Heart
I can understand why critics compared Sophia to Sia. I haven't listened to Soso in years, I'd say ever since That time I dug so deep I ended up in China - Happy People was my favourite. Not only she left behind a deal with Warner, but she also released the aforementioned album on Pirate Bay. Soso also wrote for Style of Eye Kids,
Robyn Time Machine,
Britney Spears Criminal or
Adam Lambert The Light (which was originally intended for Katy Perry).
Since I mentioned Soso, Robyn and Style of Eye (all Swedes), how about Karin Dreijer?
What Else Is There? in collaboration with the Norwegian duo Röyksopp
Keep The Streets Empty For Me as Fever Ray
Silent Shout with her brother Olof

And then finally in Norway... I am sure I posted this before, but I'll do it again since it's a great live performance. Susanne's voice is angelic: Running To The Sea by Röyksopp and Susanne Sundfør. I can also recommend Undercover.

Here's another Swedish-Norwegian collaboration that I like:
Monument by Robyn and Röyksopp.
Michelle Gurevich - Left you at the Farm

Aldous Harding - Horizon <- talk about a powerful live.
Titus Groan
yeah powerful .. whats up with those gimmicks , didnt like this one at all

here is a good one:
https://
youtu.be/PiV5XupV-TI
Orkhepaj: yeah powerful .. whats up with those gimmicks , didnt like this one at all

here is a good one:
youtu.be/PiV5XupV-TI
There's no accounting for taste. People (artists included) feel music in different ways.
For example Stromae - Formidable.
I was never into Cradle of Filth, although I remember they were popular in certain circles and that their imagery was mostly used for shock value. If you want to see the darker, more twisted side of metal, you'd have to look elsewhere, perhaps in Norway (Burzum, Gorgoroth).
low rated
Orkhepaj: yeah powerful .. whats up with those gimmicks , didnt like this one at all

here is a good one:
youtu.be/PiV5XupV-TI
patrikc: There's no accounting for taste. People (artists included) feel music in different ways.
For example Stromae - Formidable.
I was never into Cradle of Filth, although I remember they were popular in certain circles and that their imagery was mostly used for shock value. If you want to see the darker, more twisted side of metal, you'd have to look elsewhere, perhaps in Norway (Burzum, Gorgoroth).
nah i disagree
ah french rap ...
i dont like burzum it is not good music

something for adult games addict:
youtu.be/hjGZLnja1o8
Post edited December 15, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Orkhepaj: nah i disagree
ah french rap ...
It's not exactly about the music, but more about the events, views/attitudes and power struggles that took place on the Norwegian scene (sometimes outside it), especially in the 90s and 2000s. Which is why I used the term "twisted". Somehow, their fame (if you can call it as such) spread across Europe.

Stromae sings in French, yes (and not only rap), but by birth he is Belgian (half Flemish, half Rwandan). That clip was filmed in Brussels.
low rated
Orkhepaj: nah i disagree
ah french rap ...
patrikc: It's not exactly about the music, but more about the events, views/attitudes and power struggles that took place on the Norwegian scene (sometimes outside it), especially in the 90s and 2000s. Which is why I used the term "twisted". Somehow, their fame (if you can call it as such) spread across Europe.

Stromae sings in French, yes (and not only rap), but by birth he is Belgian (half Flemish, half Rwandan). That clip was filmed in Brussels.
yup and i dont care for the drama just for the music and it is not good

I don't like this kind of "rap" or what can you call it, at least I can imagine some can like it ,it has okay beats
and I don't get why acting like an addict is good, so lefty theme

here take this long one:
youtu.be/ttpPIRnEFVE
Orkhepaj: yup and i dont care for the drama just for the music and it is not good

I don't like this kind of "rap" or what can you call it, at least I can imagine some can like it ,it has okay beats
and I don't get why acting like an addict is good, so lefty theme

here take this long one:
youtu.be/ttpPIRnEFVE
I hear you, it should be about music, the drama permeated everything apparently.

Stromae's Formidable is actually a song that deals with loss and pessimism in a somewhat comedic note. If you listen closely it's also a play on words: Tu étais formidable, j'étais fort minable.
One of my favourites from Stromae has to be his homage to Cesaría Évora: Ave Cesaria. Again, smart choice of words.

I definitely approve of Jean-Michel Jarre. To this day still, Oxygène is one of the best electronica/ambient albumes.
low rated
uzairbinkhalid: I'm listening about the brown rice in Pakistan. The best brown rice is Himalayan Chef Basmati rice which is sourced from the fertile lands in an organic manner. The product is free from any preservatives, harmful ingredients, and genetically modified fertilizers. There is a common practice nowadays to use fertilizers for growth. We assure you that this product is organically sourced and its purity is guaranteed.
can you send teaser pls? i hate when they put gene modified rice in my meals
patrikc: I definitely approve of Jean-Michel Jarre. To this day still, Oxygène is one of the best electronica/ambient albumes.
Equinox is pretty good too...
Trooper1270: Equinox is pretty good too...
I like Equinox as well. I generally listen to Jean-Michel Jarre in the summertime, I think it goes perfectly with the weather.