It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Morketsvind - Winter Etude
Anneke van Giersbergen - Hurricane (there's a music video, but it's hardly mind-blowing. You'll be okay just giving it a listen)

First of all, I'm a bit of a sucker for songs that start minimalistic and build up, and the execution here is flawless.

Secondly, the bare soundscape made me think that this was a COVID album (The Darkest Skies Are The Brightest) produced with a skeleton crew. Turns out it isn't - it's just that van Giersbergen originally didn't intend to publish the songs. Either way, I think sounds just real. Music that was created, not manufactured.

Thirdly, this particular song itself. You can interpret the lyrics however you like, but having had a couple of rough years and faced uncertainty on different levels (possibly ongoing), this strikes a chord somewhere pretty deep in me.
If anyone can recommend bands like Hocico or FGFC820 (EBM / Dark Electro / Aggrotech) to me, I'd really appreciate it.

I know I could just look at a list of similar artists on Spotify, for example, but I'd love to see some recommendations from real people familiar with the genre.

Thanks in advance!
Amorphis - "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
OHMYGODJCABOMB: If anyone can recommend bands like Hocico or FGFC820 (EBM / Dark Electro / Aggrotech) to me, I'd really appreciate it.
Grendel - Noisome

Psyclon Nine - We The Fallen
Baby Got Cornered ( Sir Mix-a-lot vs Capcom )

Waking up right now.. guess I just want something amusing to wake up to.
Arinielle: Baby Got Cornered ( Sir Mix-a-lot vs Capcom )

Waking up right now.. guess I just want something amusing to wake up to.
This is my friend's wake-up alarm. ^_^
The Cure - Watching Me Fall
Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki (Ue o Muite Arukou)

George Baker Selection - If You Understand

Don McLean - And I Love You So

Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone

The Carpenters - Solitaire
Post edited July 16, 2021 by le_chevalier
TOOL - Vicarious
Post edited July 16, 2021 by Orkhepaj
This is such a cool opening theme. Great cartoon too. :)

yeah there should be a french original version
sry cant rep normally this forum engine is garbage

ah found it
Post edited July 17, 2021 by Orkhepaj

Orkhepaj: yeah there should be a french original version
sry cant rep normally this forum engine is garbage

ah found it
Orkhepaj:
This is the version I watched as a kid on satellite TV. As it was in French and without subtitles I didn't understand anything, so I just created my own stories for it.
On a 90's kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3RzQ1b_c9w