It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
RyaReisender: Before the update all prices were in $, right?

Did some of the games now got more expensive? Because I could have sworn that Divinity: Original Sin for example said $39.99 before and now it's 39.99€ or $52.69. Or was that in € before too?

The Witcher 3 also has changed from $59.99 to 59.99€ (without discount) it seems, but the discount was also increased from 17% to 27% now, so that the discounted price ends up at $57.69.

Am I wrong? *confused*
Yeah 23 games got regionally priced yesterday - you can check the newly regionally priced list here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1
Mondkalb: I am constantly thinking that I accidentally clicked on Google play - it looks all the same.

Gog hasn't been sold to Google, has it?
Yes it seems like it doesn't it :) lol
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Matruchus
Oh hell I just noticed a new addition to the fixed floating navigation bar: If your browser is not wide enough, the navbar transforms into a hideous android style menu. I just threw up in my mouth. Oh well, at least that means the search button is visible even if your browser window is less than ~1300 pixels wide.

EDIT: And now, just a couple of minutes later it stopped doing that.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Sufyan
Sufyan: Oh hell I just noticed a new addition to the fixed floating navigation bar: If your browser is not wide enough, the navbar transforms into a hideous android style menu. I just threw up in my mouth. Oh well, at least that means the search button is visible even if your browser window is less than ~1300 pixels wide.

Hm, for me it seems to do that only on a few pages. For example, front page & game cards, yes, but not forums or the Last Chance Promo page. It's odd.
One question related to the changes here - what is happening with Gog Galaxy since the release of it was scheduled for August and since if im not mistaken its going to be september in four days is that thing still going to be released or not?
JudasIscariot: Each game card and the main page has a currency selector on the bottom right of the page where you can switch between the USD and the EUR currencies :)
I know that, but the price itself is higher - because 39.99€ (after update) is a lot more than $39.99 (before update).

If I switch back to $ is doesn't show $39.99 but rather 39.99€ recalculated to $52.69.

Is that part of this?
The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket.
But in that case, is there some way to display the "Standard US Dollar price"?
As in: Not what I have to pay in $ but what US people need to pay in $?
Sufyan: Oh hell I just noticed a new addition to the fixed floating navigation bar: If your browser is not wide enough, the navbar transforms into a hideous android style menu. I just threw up in my mouth. Oh well, at least that means the search button is visible even if your browser window is less than ~1300 pixels wide.

Crackpot.756: Hm, for me it seems to do that only on a few pages. For example, front page & game cards, yes, but not forums or the Last Chance Promo page. It's odd.
Good catch. I really don't get why anyone would replicate the look of an Android touch device on a desktop computer. I can only assume this design is NOT in-house, because it could not be more generic. At least make the site look like Windows 95 for the lulz!
JudasIscariot: Each game card and the main page has a currency selector on the bottom right of the page where you can switch between the USD and the EUR currencies :)
RyaReisender: I know that, but the price itself is higher - because 39.99€ (after update) is a lot more than $39.99 (before update).

If I switch back to $ is doesn't show $39.99 but rather 39.99€ recalculated to $52.69.

Is that part of this?

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket.
RyaReisender: But in that case, is there some way to display the "Standard US Dollar price"?
Yes, the game is a regionally priced game and that is why you have the Fair Price Package.

No, there is no way to display the US version of the price on a regional priced game :(
RyaReisender: I know that, but the price itself is higher - because 39.99€ (after update) is a lot more than $39.99 (before update).

Is that part of this?

RyaReisender: But in that case, is there some way to display the "Standard US Dollar price"?
Divinity Original Sin and Witcher 3 were already regionally priced before this change so nothing changed about that and for Witcher 3 most people were already billed in €.
If I recall correctly, The Witcher 3 and Divinity OS are two cases that had regional pricing before this change. The difference now may be that if you have your preferences set to $, it actually shows the the converted price now so you'd notice the number being higher than it was before.
Edit: I'm slow.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Crackpot.756
I noticed my Torchlight code is back! Thank you GoG!
Sorry, but the new design looks poor. Lost all of the earlier charm.

Big icons don't make for easy browsing on pc.
No you can't, in my case at least. I live in the UK, and I have NO option for GBP. I have posted this previously in this thread. My ONLY option is for USD, and no I am not behind anything like VPN. I repeat, my ONLY option is USD.
Hickory: No you can't, in my case at least. I live in the UK, and I have NO option for GBP. I have posted this previously in this thread. My ONLY option is for USD, and no I am not behind anything like VPN. I repeat, my ONLY option is USD.
Make a support request and make pictures of that happening and send it to them.

Also its the same for me only USD option - no EURO option there!
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Matruchus
Hickory: No you can't, in my case at least. I live in the UK, and I have NO option for GBP. I have posted this previously in this thread. My ONLY option is for USD, and no I am not behind anything like VPN. I repeat, my ONLY option is USD.
I suggest you delete all the GOG cookies in your browser and revisit this website again. This could fix it already.
What Matruchus said but I'll expand on his answer :)

Please send a Support ticket by following this link:

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/general_website_questions

and select "website glitches or accessibility issues" from the dropdown menu :)

If anyone else needs to write a Support ticket but isn't sure as to which category to writ it under, please feel free to PM me and I'll help you as soon as possible :)