It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
jalister: Web designers are the bane of computers. They always think they know what everyone wants, but seem to never be right. [...]
But but but the hipster teacher at the night classes told them that designs that punch you in the face with huge fonts and go swoosh and swipe are the future... Smart phones are the future... today.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Sufyan
Nice job. The site looks great and the games are easier to browse on small devices, which is where I tend to do more and more of my web surfing.

I look forward to seeing the comment pages given the same treatment. And I hope to see even more classic Mac games added in the future. Thanks, and keep up the great work.
Great, some of my gift codes disappeared too. Now I will have to go back through all my old email and find the order # to open up a support ticket for each of them. Someone fat finger the delete key over there GOD?!?
It does appear the codes that are gone where the ones given free if you owned it during a free game giveaway. The Witcher 1 codes for each order placed during that time period where you got a free copy are gone too. Someone fix this, I was going to give them away eventually!
Strangely the codes for the Fallout games are still there but list 0 games. Those are the ones I would like to see gone, not the ones that had games I could give away!
jalister: Web designers are the bane of computers. They always think they know what everyone wants, but seem to never be right. [...]
Sufyan: But but but the hipster teacher at the night classes told them that designs that punch you in the face with huge fonts and go swoosh and swipe are the future... Smart phones are the future... today.
You make me want to smash my smart phone. :)
zyphyr: This is great!! I much prefer a more clean and simple layout to what was here before. I thought that layout was a bit childish and far too brand (gog.com) oriented. Now the focus seems to be on the games (and movies) more. That's how all gaming websites need to be.
jalister: What we think of the site is definitely opinion because I feel the new look is childish and far too generic. I felt the old site was much cleaner and simple, while the new site is sterile and cluttered. And it seems the movies are taking focus away from the games (ok, it's the regional pricing), but still 35 games are leaving.
Well I meant childish in the way the old design had too much color to the layout that really drew attention away from the games. I think the sterile and clean layout is more professional but yes, it is all opinion. I really like that other than at the top of the page and a few smaller boxes just above announcements, you don't see any branding. That's what I like. Websites like greenmangaming or gamersgate are even bigger offenders but I still found gog to be distracting. Now it's very easy to focus on the games, for me at least.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by zyphyr
Just a note, defaulting New Zealanders to AUD isn't actually very useful. It's not our local currency, so we still have to deal with currency conversion. And despite proximity NZ gamers are typically more familiar with USD than AUD since most other online stores use it. Fortunately you have an option to allow us to switch it back, I just think it is a strange thing to do by default.
I don't like phone aesthetics on phones, and I hate them on the desktop. But it's the way everything is moving for the next 5-10 years. Might as well get used to it now.

I agree that the new site looks comparatively drab. The old backgrounds and colors gave it life. Maybe the designer can come up with a hybrid appearance using the old schemes with the new interface.

The front page is cluttered. The random bar of games pushes all the interesting news down below the scroll cutoff. When I visit GOG I want to know what's new and exciting at a glance, not sit through a slideshow for it or scroll around. That was easy before.

Sections of game pages aren't as distinct as before, causing them to blend together. There's nothing to draw your eye to the description over the reviews, or vice versa. Each game page looks more like a social site than a game for sale. But they're still usable.

I had to log in 3 times in a row. I think it's because I typed the password wrong, but I couldn't tell from the lack of feedback.

That's everything I noticed on this visit. The redesign isn't too bad, it just needs some tweaking.
OH.MY.GOD. ...

Who are you? And what have you done with my GOG??

No kidding, I want my GOOD OLD GOG back!

EDT: Okay, at least the Community-screen looks the same... Keep it!
Post edited August 27, 2014 by gamefood
I miss the 'at a glance sale tab' on the front page. It was the one thing I checked the most. Now I have to go to each genre, then sort for 'discount'. Its cumbersome, can you please put the tab back?
I somehow don´t see where to switch the currency, any help?
Prices aren't listed in the wishlist.
Vituo: ...
At the bottom, on the right side of the site.
Change is scary!
Wow, it's weird how many people seem to dislike the new layout. Obviously always a layout change makes people complain about it, because it's, well, new, but I dig this one so much!

Clean and elegant. Well done GOG! I'm sure everyone will love this once they get used to it :)

Have a great day everyone!
Vituo: ...
Azgrel: At the bottom, on the right side of the site.
Well, I misplaced bottom and top of page, that was the problem. But my thanks to you. Now I see