It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
manic221: it works from any part of the site exactly like that the only place it doesn't work like that is from the Forums
...and the Support pages, the Account pages and the Community Wishlist. So basically any part of the site apart from... the catalogue.
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD WHAT THE FUUUUUCK WHAT DID JUST HAPPEN
I was so taken aback
Eh, I don't care for it but I'll get used to it.
Hickory: No, nothing like that. Just plain old Firefox.
manic221: Strange just to show you that GBP is supported i'll post a picture. I guess it's just a little bug if you do need it to be in GPB you could try using a different browser and see if that fixes it
I don't doubt that it's supported; I'm not disbelieving anybody, it's just that the option simply isn't there for me. I've tried restarting Firefox in safe mode (all add-ons disabled), I've tried I.E., both normal and 'Safe Browsing' mode, and I simply don't have the option for GBP. I'm not behind anything other than my ISP. I just don't get it.
iippo: 2) Search. Search button sucks - the old way of having search window where you type a games name and dont have to click anything and yet you see the games AND if you own them or not, is like 1000^10 superior.
I actually think that's an oversight or a bug, since the search box itself works exactly as before. It's just that it sends you to the catalogue index that's annoying.
i see some negative feedback but all i can say is wow..i'm very impressed with new looks.great job GOG!!
One question.Why isn't game shelf changed as game store is??
Post edited August 27, 2014 by RottenRotz
This is great!! I much prefer a more clean and simple layout to what was here before. I thought that layout was a bit childish and far too brand (gog.com) oriented. Now the focus seems to be on the games (and movies) more. That's how all gaming websites need to be.
So I see the search button has been partly fixed and its showing the games that I own as owned but the problem is with the colour of the new search bar I can't really discern if the gamers are really owned since its only a shade of grey text that's very similar to black. Maybe could you use some other colour for that?

Also the links on the bottom of the webpage under games and movies don't work properly.

Those are:
- On Sale
- Bestsellers
- Newest releases
- Top rated

And also how can Witcher 3 and Crawl and Vanishing of Carter be Top rated games if they aren't released yet and available for ratings really broken system - did anybody test the webpage before release.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Matruchus
high rated
The11thPlague: You know how I know clueless designers got their hands on a website?
There's a HUGE top menu bar that you just CANNOT SCROLL away!

Seriously, stop stealing my precious vertical screen space.
Web designers are the bane of computers. They always think they know what everyone wants, but seem to never be right. Change for the sake of change is not good. So many sites seem to change for no real reason, which causes needless confusion and decent. Sure, maybe some people like the new look, but a lot of people don't. I also don't remember anyone complaining about the old look.
The new website looks good to me, if we dont like the cluttered look of huge icon we can also just switch back to listing type to show the games like they used to on the old gog website.
zyphyr: This is great!! I much prefer a more clean and simple layout to what was here before. I thought that layout was a bit childish and far too brand (gog.com) oriented. Now the focus seems to be on the games (and movies) more. That's how all gaming websites need to be.
What we think of the site is definitely opinion because I feel the new look is childish and far too generic. I felt the old site was much cleaner and simple, while the new site is sterile and cluttered. And it seems the movies are taking focus away from the games (ok, it's the regional pricing), but still 35 games are leaving.
And apparently we're no longer able to see which games on our Wishlists are discounted anymore?

I actually detest the new layout, and with good reason. The older one was one of the most user friendly I've ever seen, and part of what attracted me to GOG in the first place. Now I feel almost distanced from it, and not just because it's something new; being new can be a good thing, but this certainly doesn't seem like it.

The buttons are all drab and clunky, there's just no color anymore. The old layout had a quaint feel to it, and aside from the Wishlist problem I mentioned above (why would you even remove that? The rest of the page looks the same!), everything else just seems bungled together.

Poor choice, GOG. You're alienating some long-time supporters here.
I do appreciate that now we can search for multiple operating systems at once!
I do not like that now we can only search from catalogue pages. I want the searching from everywhere back.
Bring some colour in to the webpage its looking like a morque right now. The old page looked more like a gamers kind of page. This is more like a cold business webpage but even those have more life in it and colour the gog logo yellow as it is supposed to look.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Matruchus
Nice!

I really like the new payment options.