It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
So, while the new design might look good on phones and tablets, it looks absolutely awful on my PC monitor, where it utilizes 1/3 of the page.

The main page looks quite all right, as the column is at least filled with information, but game pages with their microscopic screenshots (opening in a new tab when you click on them) and lack of content (full descriptions are hidden by default) look plain ugly.

I don't get it. Seriously, those (anti-) design decisions just don't make any sense to me.
roelibex: [...] I did loose some unredeemed gifts: Magrunner, Omerta en Torchlight 1. Whats that about?
Yes we are aware of this issue. Don't worry though - no gifts were lost, the bug is simply preventing them from showing up on your account. We are working on the fix, and hopefully everything will be back to normal before the weekend.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug.
I like the new design. I will make sure to check out the different documentaries. It's nice that you're paying the difference in international price difference. Though I live in the U.S., I imagine it would be frustrating if you have a currency that was lower in value than the dollar.
Am I the only one who when they post gets taken to the very bottom of the screen and thus has to scroll up?

Also whenever I click reply, the box opens up in the upper right corner. HUH?

I'll get over this but man it is a tad grating.
thanks for making the site more mobile friendly. It was a pain in the butt to use some of the features before. :)

Edit: and thanks for the heads up on the games and the great discount. Now I have to get Gothics 2 & 3. >:|
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Crewdroog
roelibex: [...] I did loose some unredeemed gifts: Magrunner, Omerta en Torchlight 1. Whats that about?
Chamb: Yes we are aware of this issue. Don't worry though - no gifts were lost, the bug is simply preventing them from showing up on your account. We are working on the fix, and hopefully everything will be back to normal before the weekend.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug.
Thanks for the quick answer! No inconcenience from my end, so take what ever time you need.
my 2 cents.

I don't really care about new look.

I don't really like it, I think you didn't need change. For me it looks like web design guys needed job, so they put some pressure to change the old look/

Anyway, I can live with that, so it's not so important.

I don't really care about changing currencies, as long as I won't be able to pay in PLN, it doesn't matter to me.

I think it's good regional pricing is introduced. I hope that we'll see more old games thanks to this (I'm looking at you Take2).

But I can't understand why 35 games had to be removed. For me it looks like I got 20 movies I don't give a damn about in exchange for 35 games that should be here. It's a gaming site, after all.

Take your movies away, and give me back my Nordic (with Titan Quest, Darksiders and Black Mirror 3).

And message to Nordic Games:

I have all games you sold on GOG. Please bring more.
sbolokanov: The new web-design is ugly, but I'd like to especially single out your new, industrial-grey logo as being absolutely hideous.
+1 The first thing I thought was, Dear GOG, what the hell happened? The second was Ugh.

BadDecissions: I share your view.
Guess it has to do with the "mobile-friendly design". I dislike mobile looks in general.
Progressing backward to Web-TV.
At least change this horrible grey to something alive!

And that top bar that follows you is a PiB.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by irondog
high rated
Crewdroog: thanks for making the site more mobile friendly. It was a pain in the butt to use some of the features before. :)
Yes, now it's a pain in the butt on desktop PCs. oO
Would it be so hard to make both accessible?

My eMail provider besides some others has a mobile and a desktop version of their web design and this works quite well.
Fresher and better is going from color to black and white? Even the twitter account has suffered. The black, green and yellow GOG.COM logo has been replaced with a flat grey and white logo. Even the logo on my Firefox tab is now grey and white when selecting Library. Why is GOG following Microsoft and Adobe with the flat and drab logo/icon?

Sure, it's a small complaint, but it's part of all the bad changes with the GOG Modern UI.
I'm gonna go against what seems to be common consensus and say i really like the new design.

I will say thought the addition of regional pricing confuses me... I thought you'd already agreed that, that went against your core principle and that you wouldn't be adding it. So it is odd to see that happening now.

From what i've seen though is the GPB and USD prices are direct currency conversion so it doesn't worry me too much just strikes me as odd.
modkon: I have to say that, at first glance at least, I don't really like the new design. Saw the grey logo on the twitter post and was kind of put off immediately, even more so when I looked at the website. Why remove all color from the site? I liked the color scheme, it was distinctive but still subtle.

Game pages seemed more 'condensed' before, i.e. had better overview of the relevant information, in my opinion.

Also, now on the (overall) games page I don't see the 'owned' tag next to the listed games, anymore, it's only displayed when looking at a specific game's page. I don't own that many games (yet), but are you considering, bringing that feature back?

And where's the handy search bar? Was it really necessary to remove that one?

You mentioned that the new design makes it easier to find sales, but I don't see it. Where's the 'on sale' tab from the old design? That one always helped me to find all of the discounts in the easiest way.

Price tags on the wishlist are gone. Please bring them back, because that feature was very useful, as well.

Those are my qualms with the new design & functions. Hope some of these 'issues' get fixed and then I can only hope that I adapt to the new GOG in the weeks to come.

Bringing movies about games and the game industry to GOG is an interesting thing, though I don't know if I'll make much use of the section in the future. Thank you for the free ones at launch, anyway :)
Exactly my points.
Crewdroog: thanks for making the site more mobile friendly. It was a pain in the butt to use some of the features before. :)
Klumpen0815: Yes, now it's a pain in the butt on desktop PCs. oO
Would it be so hard to make both accessible?

My eMail provider besides some others has a mobile and a desktop version of their web design and this works quite well.
I haven't had any problems. What have you encountered?

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind, I am playing more with the site and I see some problems. poop
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Crewdroog
The url to secure connection has been changed to https://www.gog.com, which I could see only after I was logged in to my account. The only way to log in was through the standard insecure http protocol.

Also there's no way to change my password under settings.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by vanchann
Klumpen0815: No I don't. Where is it? I cannot change it in the standard "settings", not in the settings hidden in the boards and not anywhere else.
Store pages , NOT forums pages. ;)