It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
high rated
Hello there!

Subjective impression: cold, impersonal - I HATE tile-design!

Objective observation: SLOOOW... :-(

I am very sorry if I have disappointed those who have put their efforts in this new design, but, honestly, I am disappointed too: why change a running system?

Please offer the traditional design as an option, I'd highly appreciate if you let us users the choice which design to use!

Apart from that, let me thank you for your impressive work in general and that you obviously have invested more carefully testing before releasing the new patch(es) for Divinity: Origina Sin!

Greetings from Austria,
Franz

PS: Instead of experimenting with new designs I would very much wish you worked on a better way how to inform us users about new patches - I am getting repeatedly wrong or distorted infos, many of the patches I already have, some of them I discovered without notification, sometimes only a patch is new, altough the complete installer file(s) are notified as "new"... - leave the design as it was so far and fix the notification system, please!
Agree. The new design is absolutely abysmal.

franz66: Hello there!

Subjective impression: cold, impersonal - I HATE tile-design!

Objective observation: SLOOOW... :-(

I am very sorry if I have disappointed those who have put their efforts in this new design, but, honestly, I am disappointed too: why change a running system?

Please offer the traditional design as an option, I'd highly appreciate if you let us users the choice which design to use!

Apart from that, let me thank you for your impressive work in general and that you obviously have invested more carefully testing before releasing the new patch(es) for Divinity: Origina Sin!

Greetings from Austria,
Franz

PS: Instead of experimenting with new designs I would very much wish you worked on a better way how to inform us users about new patches - I am getting repeatedly wrong or distorted infos, many of the patches I already have, some of them I discovered without notification, sometimes only a patch is new, altough the complete installer file(s) are notified as "new"... - leave the design as it was so far and fix the notification system, please!
i just saw this and thought the site was hacked or something worst theme ugly buttons and colors give us the option to stick with the old theme :X
Wonderful, a custom font that doesn't override installed ones. (Yeah, so I may have a couple not very common fonts installed with interesting character sets, please look into that anyway.)

Also, why is the "my gogmixes" page still missing since several updates ago?
Attachments:
font.png (311 Kb)
font2.png (5 Kb)
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Maighstir
Anyone else thinks the CD-Projekt logo looks like a duck who's got shot in the head?

=D
pacifist.413: The new design is absolutely abysmal.
This was the word I was searching for to describe it, thank you.
Strijkbout: Anyone else thinks the CD-Projekt logo looks like a duck who's got shot in the head?
Oh, you mean it's supposed to be something else?
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Seriously guys, I can't believe you removed the search bar.

Sheesh.
PS: Why don't I see the prices of my wishlisted games any more in wishlist view - why do I have to call the game site which has become so impersonally cold and SLOOÒW before I can decide if I can afford my wishlisted game?

Sorry, the new design is as unpleasant and disfunctional as the new Firefox/Australis failure! PLEASE go back to the traditional, functional and faster old design!
I have to say that, at first glance at least, I don't really like the new design. Saw the grey logo on the twitter post and was kind of put off immediately, even more so when I looked at the website. Why remove all color from the site? I liked the color scheme, it was distinctive but still subtle.

Game pages seemed more 'condensed' before, i.e. had better overview of the relevant information, in my opinion.

Also, now on the (overall) games page I don't see the 'owned' tag next to the listed games, anymore, it's only displayed when looking at a specific game's page. I don't own that many games (yet), but are you considering, bringing that feature back?

And where's the handy search bar? Was it really necessary to remove that one?

You mentioned that the new design makes it easier to find sales, but I don't see it. Where's the 'on sale' tab from the old design? That one always helped me to find all of the discounts in the easiest way.

Price tags on the wishlist are gone. Please bring them back, because that feature was very useful, as well.

Those are my qualms with the new design & functions. Hope some of these 'issues' get fixed and then I can only hope that I adapt to the new GOG in the weeks to come.

Bringing movies about games and the game industry to GOG is an interesting thing, though I don't know if I'll make much use of the section in the future. Thank you for the free ones at launch, anyway :)
Post edited August 27, 2014 by modkon
Neat new design.
I generally like the flat design approach that has been there at many sites since the start of Windows 8 - if it's done well.

The new logo is also cool - as seen on the t-shirts at Gamescom.

A little issue, however: Reading this news I observed that on the mobile IE11 the "news headlines" section moves into/over the article picture, which doesn't look quite right.
On desktop, the site could use the wide screen a bit better.

franz66: I would very much wish you worked on a better way how to inform us users about new patches
Oh I believe they are. Also, GOG Galaxy seems for you.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by guilmant2
Wow - what a mistake. Deplore the new look. One size does NOT fit all so giving desktop users with large monitors the same basic/ bland uglified look as mobile users is so weak. You really need to give users a choice - and with CSS that is not problematic from your end. So feature-wise I applaud the improvements, but visually I feel like we have gone back in time and in a really terrible way. So ugly. So boring. So meh.....

How is it easier to find games now? Where is the On Sale tab? Also - owned should show in lists like it used to, not just on page with the game. Cutting useful features is not an improvement.

Picture preview now sucks - sooo inconvenient to have to click stupid thumbnails and arrows below pic rather than on pic. Mobile-centric design sucks if you are not on a mobile device.

The site used to be colourful and vibrant and feature rich. Now it is boring, washed out and you have removed so many user friendly features that used to make this site a great place to visit. Now it is just drab, generic, and washed out.

Bring back the OLD look n feel n features for desktop users. Making us all devolve to the stripped down mobile look and decreased features does the community at large a great disservice.

BOOO ! ! !
Post edited August 27, 2014 by ChristerDoo
MY EYES!

In case it isn't clear, the new web site design is horrible. It looks like the game card is drifting away into pieces, and I'm constantly feeling like something is missing. It doesn't help that I can no longer see all of the information provided by the old game card at the same time any more.
Could somebody fix this bloody website. Its changing to blue text all the time and the top bar dissapears, etc.
There appear to have been changes with the GOGmixes as well. Gone are the buttons that let you move the entries, or even delete them. Hopefully this will be corrected before I have to submit a ticket on it.
not a big change person... I will get used to it, but I don't really like the new look much. Don't like being negative but oh well. :-{