It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
I don't really like the new design, but whatever. Could be worse.

Now that GOG hes an option to buy everything in rubles, I want to say that I'd really like it to introduce regional pricing to countries that get lower prices from it like Russia and Brazil. I'd like to support DRM-free movement more than I do now but Steam's regional pricing discounts are just too good to ignore. I think it would make GOG much more popular here than it is now. I do understand that a market of speculation of cheap keys and people who buy through foreign VPN will appear then, but I think if you will remove the option to buy in dollars for these countries, it''ll lower an amount of these VPN users somewhat.
I personally didn't really care about buying in dollars before as I use a good payment system that doesn't take any fees for conversion to dollar, I think this still gives a good opportunity for you to think about making this change.
The site is now much easier to read on mobile devices, so I like that. Glad to see the wishlist has a movies tab now too. And I suppose it'll be okay to suggest TV shows as well? :) I was just about to write to Amazon about making life easier for me to watch my movies I have on their Instant Video service when I travel overseas, but I can't believe GOG is going to take this approach, it would be exactly what I wanted, exactly. So I take it this is the second of the two R&D projects GOG was working on? A huge shame about Nordic though, I really hope a solution can be found. Looking forward to seeing what's next. :)
Please don't make the GOG Galaxy client look like this.
Is anyone else missing the Gifts tab? I don't see it anywhere.
IronArcturus: Is anyone else missing the Gifts tab? I don't see it anywhere.
I still have a tab above my shelf leading to https://www.gog.com/account/gifts

Some of the codes themselves are missing, mind.
Artoemius: OK, I don't care for the new ugly logo, but the new Search is horrible.

And where the hell is my Torchlight gift code?
IronArcturus: Yeah I'm noticing that my gift codes are gone too and the Wishlist does not have the prices listed anymore. What happened?
I just hope these are all bugs, not features. I'll wait a couple of days before writing to the support about the gift code. Maybe it'll be fixed by then.

But if the new search and removing the prices from the wishlist are intended to be "features", I'm truly disappointed.
Actually now that I've looked around a bit, everything is so uniformly flat and grey that it's hard to distinguish between the different sections of a page. Expanding every piece of longer text is annoying. My LCD is big. If the site is so 'responsive', I'd expect it to respond to my display size and expand everything by default. The ridiculous amounts of whitespace is painful to look at as well.
Artoemius: I just hope these are all bugs, not features. I'll wait a couple of days before writing to the support about the gift code. Maybe it'll be fixed by then.

But if the new search and removing the prices from the wishlist are intended to be "features", I'm truly disappointed.
I hope the Search gets fixed too. I liked the older search because it grayed out the games you already had.
The design looks great, but I will miss the old green GOG logo. I guess that you probably want to look more serious at the market, not like some circus, but simply putting a gray filter at the logo in photoshop is not the way to go IMO.

When you've changed that logo at facebook page, I've thought that it means something like "old GOG is dead now, prepare for something new and awesome", and then I saw here that it's actually a "new" logo.
high rated
Also I have to say this Steamlike logo (black & white) is not to my liking. Why go with monochrome black, grey and white. You're different. Show us some colour GOG.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Senteria
low rated
Absolutely gorgeous! Love it. I hope GOG Galaxy will match this look and feel
Post edited August 27, 2014 by opticq
Beroga: New payment options (hopefully PLN will come some day) are really cool, but the new layout is terrible. It's bland, monotone, hard to read and in no way "fresh and mobile-friendly". What was wrong with green and yellow logo? Those were your trademark colours, now you're dark grey and grey like some other Internet game store (nudge nudge, wink wink).
JKHSawyer: Steam is going blue.

http://steamdb.info/blog/steam-store-v6-peek/
Continuing this phase shift, Uplay should go orange, Origin green, GMG red, Humble Bundle pink I guess (for the hell of it), and so on and so forth (¬‿¬)
Great new design!
I love how it's so crisp and clear.
Absolutely great work, GOG designers!
I'd like to complain about the new design a little. I don't think the star ratings on the games' store pages have enough contrast. At a glance it looks like everything has five stars.

The black and grey ones are alright I guess, but I think a silhouette would work better!
Attachments:
stars.png (9 Kb)
high rated
Senteria: Also I have to say this Steamlike logo (black & white) is not to my liking. Why go with monochrome black, grey and white. You're different. Show us some colour GOG.
Overall, the new design seems to give off a vibe of "Fun is not allowed here!"