It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
Matruchus: it said temporary locked instead of temporarirly invalid
Yes, it was "temporary locked" then, sorry.
Chamb: We've added new "owned" status for game - it should be clearly visible now which games you do own, and which not. :)

If you do not see it, refresh the page few times - it should help.
Engerek01: Thank you very much for fast implementation. This was indeed very helpful.
The old status used to block out the entire tile and now it's a little word... that is not intuitive. Additionally, we are unable to view which games are wish-listed from the sales page. I miss the green it made it super easy to pick out gog in my bookmarks. Everyone uses white, and so it is annoying. Little irritations aplenty make this new scheme awful, and if they are worked out, I could see the benefits of it. They need to be worked out though. Making it as easy as possible to see which games I own and which ones I want would go a long way. Livening up the page with some damned color for heavens sake would help too. Pick any color except red I don't care which one. Choose purple for all I care lol but SOMETHING.

I also found that most of the reviews are unavailable for viewing in the new system. I was disheartened by this! One or two is not enough to make a decision.

I DO love the idea of DRM free movies. Fantastic. Also thank you for letting us know about the games leaving. I picked up the 4 I was missing to ensure I owned them.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by PhoenixAshes
I noticed a bug.

When in my gameshelf view and i want to hide a game. When i click "Hide Game" link it changes into "Hide movie" and Unhide Movie"

And one more thing. On New Promos Page we now can see more easily if we own game but we don't see if a game is wishlisted. Lack of this feature will effect in missing some games to buy. I surely won't be clicking in every 30-40 games in each promo to see if i wishlisted it before or not.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Radscorpion
Just noticed one thing - they seemed to have finally enabled that when you change from grid to list it stay on list on any other site now. Now if they would put that in to account settings would be nice so that I don't have to see that horror called grid anymore.

Also change the grid design on the first page its horibble.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Matruchus
PaterAlf: Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but the new design also broke the possibility to easily order your game shelf manually. It still works, but once you click on a game box (e.g. to download a file), you can't drag and drop any box to a new position after that. You have to refresh the the site, before it works again.

That's pretty annoying, because normally when I buy games, I download the files and right after that pull them to the postion on my shelf where I want them. I don't want to refresh the site every single time I do that.
I have the same problem.
rtcvb32: Doesn't matter. Forcing everyone to use a bulky, and possibly buggy Tablet interface vs having the site recognize you're using a tablet and giving you an easier UI is unacceptable. The site should supply BOTH, not give you the weaker of the two that happens to be a little easier for touch based technology that's heavily imprecise (which is why everything needs to be so big).
While I don't agree that the current design is somehow mobile-friendly and desktop-hostile (IMHO it is the other way around, as the big menus are more of a problem on a lower resolution tablets, and the "hovering the mouse on menus" just doesn't work on mobiles), I agree that they could cover both, separately if needed. As long as the mobile version still allows all the same things as the desktop version; many web pages have heavily reduced functionality on their mobile versions, which is something I don't want. I also dislike on mobile sites that they don't usually allow me to freely zoom in and out of the page, in order to see some small text better on a smaller screen. Hence I still sometimes opt for desktop sites even on mobile devices.

As far as I am concerned, they could have simply changed the hovering menus to clickable menus, and maybe make the login screen simpler. That would have been perfectly fine at least for me for both mobile and desktop use, without having to make two separate designs.

Also as someone pointed out, it appears the site does seem different on desktops and lower resolution phones, e.g. the menus appear on the left on phones. Apparently I still get a desktop version of the site on my tablet, as the menus are on top. Anyway, I would prefer either one uniform design which works fine for both (see above), or let me select which kind of design I want to see. EDIT: Ok I just realized I also get the menus on the side (originally hidden) if I just tilt the tablet 90 degrees to be upright (portrait?). In "landscape" mode, it shows the page similarly as on a desktop, with menus always visible on the top (not hidden).

I find it curious though so many people say now that the old design was perfect, "don't fix what is not broken" and "they should hire some actual web designers". Earlier I recall hearing only complaints about the old site (and I complained too about the hovering menus, how hard it is to log out on mobile devices).

Writing this on my tablet as it was easier to take this to my bed while drinking morning coffee. I have the keyboard docking station attached, though.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by timppu
Personally I'm not into the new look. Though if going more mainstream in aesthetic kind of way means more money from casual gamers for GOG, then that means more DRM free games for us. This is a business after all, not an art gallery or a museum. That is why I am here, no DRM and awesome retro games that work on my modern PC. With all the hell everyone is raising about the errors, hopefully problems will be addressed soon.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by draith85
Aningan: Is this a problem just with tablets? Cause it works fine on my phone. I have a typical menu button on the left side which opens up with all options, including Logout. See the screenshot.

I have a Note 3 with KitKat and I tested on the default browser and Chrome.
I just noticed that at least on my tablet it seems to depend whether the device is upright or in landscape "mode", whether the menus appear on the side (hidden) or on the top. Maybe it depends on the vertical resolution or something.

EDIT: But this seems to work only on the GOG main screen. On e.g. these forum pages, the menus always stay on top, no matter in which position the tablet is. Anyway, if that allows me to log out (go to GOG main screen, and tilt the tablet), that is a good enough workaround for me.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by timppu
I just noticed that the twitter and facebook shit links are back - anybody thried if adblock now works properly. And let me know how to block that with it.
Does GOG lists only temporarily bestselling in tab Games or is it a glitch?
Matruchus: I just noticed that the twitter and facebook shit links are back - anybody thried if adblock now works properly. And let me know how to block that with it.
Include Fanboy's Annoyance or Social Media Block list.

Alternatively, add these filters manually:
||connect.facebook.net^
||platform.twitter.com^
||apis.google.com^
||google-analytics.js^
##.icon-facebook
##.icon-googleplus
##.icon-reddit
##.icon-rss <-- if you want
##.icon-tumblr <-- if you want
##.icon-twitter
##.icon-youtube

These filters should cover it here (and on other sites).
Matruchus: I just noticed that the twitter and facebook shit links are back - anybody thried if adblock now works properly. And let me know how to block that with it.
coffeecup: Include Fanboy's Annoyance or Social Media Block list.

Alternatively, add these filters manually:
||connect.facebook.net^
||platform.twitter.com^
||apis.google.com^
||google-analytics.js^
##.icon-facebook
##.icon-googleplus
##.icon-reddit
##.icon-rss <-- if you want
##.icon-tumblr <-- if you want
##.icon-twitter
##.icon-youtube

These filters should cover it here (and on other sites).
Thanks for that - will try it out.

Edit: Did that and it seems gog still did not make a separate div for the wishlist button - its still in the social networks links shit div.
Note to the RSS thingy:

Even after unblocking it, I had to search for it on the page.

Please add in the <head> tag of every page this:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="GOG Newsfeed" href="[url=http://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss"&gt]http://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss"&gt[/url];

And the "feed://" is silly and non-standard, replace it with "http://"

If you do so, a nice shiny RSS icon will appear on the location bar, it is confusing if a site has a RSS feed and does not advertise it on the location bar.
high rated
For starters lets just agree to disagree on the supposedly new and improved layout and let me ask you this. Why have you redesigned the site to be more "mobile friendly" when you do _not_ sell mobile games?
high rated
I greatly enjoy gog and, as such, feel need to agree with many of the other opinions already stated.

The redesign of the site makes the site feel far more like Steam where as one thing I greatly enjoy about gog is that it is not steam. For me gog is a site that allowed me to conduct my business with at my own pace, with clicking and navigating through the library being something that I did because I was enjoying myself browsing the range. The new design makes me feel like I shall sustain a strained wrist from the amount of distance I now need to move the mouse.

The seeming enlargement of every element does my resolution, I am browsing on a 1366*768 laptop on Firefox 31 in Windows 8, no favours and feels like I need a 1920*1080 screen to be able to see as far down the page as I would like to.

The monotony of the predominant colour scheme, a veritable 5 shades of grey, does very little to attract the eyes, rather it makes navigation feel forced and bland. While the previous scheme may not have had that much difference, the entire site felt more comfortable and less sterile with the logo and the search bar doing their part to break the monotony coupled with fewer hard edges. It now feels like more effort is required to browse the site, which would cause me to visit less, other that simply accessing my extensive library.

The redesign of the website also spaces out information a little too much for my liking. For instance I can no longer immediately see the price of the 5 games immediately underneath "What's New", due to the games being moved down and the price being externalised. The resultant extra movement required, in this case scrolling the page down, feels extremely clunky. Also the two changing panels side by side feel like someone is throwing as much information they can at me in a small space and is not inviting. The see-through "gog com" logo on the front page also feels gimmicky, and the lack of the colours that it formally was removes vibrancy.

The game pages feel disorienting, with a wealth of unused space at the top which forces all content further down the page. The removal information at the very top is also most unwelcome. I hope I am not the only one who enjoyed being able to see, immediately, the all information pertaining to the game, including size, genre, release date, compatibility, and all else that has now been relegated to halfway down the left hand side of the page hidden underneath the "also consider" div.

Why do I need to click on "Search" to get a drop down box to be able to search in? Can someone please explain the design choices that led to this situation?

I would be very interested to understand what prompted the move of the news from the right side to the left side of the homepage. I appreciated the visual news with text on various colours and the quantity of text new seems too overwhelming to bother to try and flick between the specials and the news.

The permanent addition of the cart symbol is unsightly and, in my opinion, both cheapens the site and detracts from the aesthetics. Also to do with the apparent online shopping theme that seems to have been the focus is the addition of two "CHECKOUT NOW" buttons on each game page. The addition irritates me and I do not like something yelling at me (in caps) to checkout. I already have the cart up the top and the first one next to the price,

If I wish to wishlist a game for memory, I do not want to have to run the gauntlet of possibly hitting the share via Facebook, Twitter or Google+ symbols and would appreciate if that section was re-designed. Plausibly bringing the wishlist button up into its own line above the other three would fix the problem and be very much appreciated.

The redesign of the way games on sale are listed is also puzzling. The old system allowed for a comfortable scroll down of the eyes, as on the "Last Chance Special!", where the new sale is lots of blocky icons that make the eyes go in all directions and once again feel like it makes browsing the games harder, more confusing and more motion sickness inducing that it should be.

Also, the new cart does not give an option to "View Cart" and will only show me the first 5, of 10, objects in my cart.

While many of these issues may be attributed to a simple dislike of change and while, as always, considerable time and effort have gone into redesigning, the new design makes me slightly motion sick while browsing through pages which I do not enjoy.

I certainly appreciate the wealth of games that gog has and its upholding of the DRM-free spirit has been followed since its birthing. While writing this I have been browsing the last chance games and have even picked up Gothic 3: Forsaken Edition, due to this being the last chance last chance to gain it on gog, as I do not want to have to turn to steam to sate my curiosity where I could get it DRM-free here and I look forward to many more enjoyable years, and dollars spent, on this site.

The previous iteration of gog felt like a site designed by gaming enthusiasts that focused on games/content while it now feels like an online shopping site that is trying to market itself as 'for gamers'.

Please don't turn this site into a Steam replica.