It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
HypersomniacLive: Great, now I get no notifications at all about PMs.
Yeah, the counter connected to the account for PMs, replies, etc. It's all broken... I wonder if that's because noscript is blocking Facebook/Twitter, which seems to me like something you wouldn't need those sites to use...
Sorry guys as I'm sure this has already been asked. Went to check the weekend sale and it is not telling me which games I already own. Went into the catalog and it is the same there. Any way to fix this?

[EDIT]
After some reading it seems owned games are supposed to appear shaded out. This is not happening for me. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed. It is not my end. I have tried on multiple PCs and multiple Browsers.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by HeDanny
high rated
rtcvb32: Yeah, the counter connected to the account for PMs, replies, etc. It's all broken... I wonder if that's because noscript is blocking Facebook/Twitter, which seems to me like something you wouldn't need those sites to use...
I always had those blocked with NoScript and the notifications used to work just fine before the revamp - so no, I seriously doubt that GOG would do such a thing, it's one of the many bugs and glitches that were introduced with the changes.
HypersomniacLive: I always had those blocked with NoScript and the notifications used to work just fine before the revamp - so no, I seriously doubt that GOG would do such a thing, it's one of the many bugs and glitches that were introduced with the changes.
Hmmm... I really wish they had an option where you could use the new system or go back to the previous one, specifically for a month, then they could talk about the bugs and issues going on and not force a change on everyone until it was fully working...
high rated
Sorry, I normally don't criticize gog actions, but this new visual is really not better than the old one, but e.g. descriptions of games pages are now much uglier and not so attractive as in your previous gog visuals. Sad to say, I honestly liked a lot of the previous style and kind of hate this new one, especially the lack of colors (the colors were so perfect, why did you remove them?)

>>> Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!<<<
high rated
I was having such a fantastic day. The sun is bright, flowers are blooming....then I came to land of grey, a vast wasteland of monochrome, a malaise of navigation, one desperate page to the next, all the same all grey. I need more depression meds. Don't do this to me GOG. :(
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Garrison72
On a different note, did anyone notice that the GOG logo in the header actually has a transparent background? Try scrolling around on a page is isn't completely gray! (Okay, yes, those are a bit harder to find now.)

Not saying this is a good or bad thing, just making an observation. =P
The site doesn't display on my Android phone running 2.2 or 2.3 (I forget).

Well, when held horizontally, I get a light gray screen that when I scroll and scroll and scroll has the footer at the bottom.
When held vertically, I get the bestsellers list and news items. I don't think there were pictures on the news items. And the header only has the dark gray "gog com" box across the top.

Maybe my Android version is too old to be supported...

EDIT:
And using Firefox 31, Win 7 x64:
What's with the large amount (about 350 pixels) of gray space from the last post to the page footer?
Post edited August 29, 2014 by adambiser
adambiser: What's with the large amount (about 350 pixels) of gray space from the last post to the page footer?
I'm not sure... I really wish on my tablet i could tell it to hide the bottom part so i can read ebooks eaiser rather than being so limited.. and yet they use up so much space... Same with the header here, it's so.... bulky.... it doesn't give anything, if anything it takes away, and depending on how much people have on their tabs or extra options installed you're removing more and more space from actual view reading room....

Makes me want to install all the tool bars and then show what it would look like while you only can see your web pages from like 100 pixels tall...
rtcvb32:
I only use a tablet or phone occasionally, so it's not that troublesome for me personally, but the fact that I can't do anything on the page now kind of stinks.

Thanks for replying to my post, too. I didn't notice the gray "1" at first. I'll have to write a Stylish style to make it red again.
I don't know if this was already mentioned but the current prices are missing from the wishlist.
This is definitely a step backward; bring them back, please.

Also, after making a new post in the forums here, it redirects us to the very bottom of the page, so we have to scroll back to find where we were.
After EDITING a post, it takes you to the very TOP of the page, causing us to scroll the other way to find where we were.
Very annoying.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Plumb
Why so much attention to the share buttons? Those buttons are a stain on any site, and it seems like you specifically made them pop out when everything is basically grey but those buttons are colorful and big. Everything looks too big and like it's just floating there, the old layout was much more organized.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by recrosse
Another not-fan of the website makeover. I only ever view gog.com on my desktop machines (Mac and Windows).

If you want to make it mobile-friendly, please do so using adaptive techniques rather than by gimping the (formerly lovely) desktop experience.
This is just TERRIBLE! I have no words to describe this layout. Most upseting thing since removing Fallout series from your catalogue. C'mon GoG, you can do it MUCH better.
high rated
Folks, never before I had to give out such a big amount of +1's to the postings of you all...

And I do not mean the "Yeah! Nice! Cool design! I love the new gog!"- fraction.

>>> The MAJORITY refuses the new gog.com appearance in this form. <<<