It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
ambient_orange: Indeed! They even made their logo without colors for the sake of "mobile" "friendly" :D What a joke! :-\
they made the logo translucent and without colors months ago with announcement of Galaxy - www.gog.com/galaxy

marianne: The color Gray is conservative, boring, drap, depressing and suppressive. We are instinctively conditioned to draw within and demonstrate a lack of confidence and energy. It is often used in mental wards to calm and quiet the more energetic patients. All hardly conducive to promote sales for GOG.
this page always used grey - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Gog_20081023_1280x1024.png (GOG as of 2008)
ambient_orange: Indeed! They even made their logo without colors for the sake of "mobile" "friendly" :D What a joke! :-\
d2t: they made the logo translucent and without colors months ago with announcement of Galaxy - www.gog.com/galaxy

marianne: The color Gray is conservative, boring, drap, depressing and suppressive. We are instinctively conditioned to draw within and demonstrate a lack of confidence and energy. It is often used in mental wards to calm and quiet the more energetic patients. All hardly conducive to promote sales for GOG.
d2t: this page always used grey - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Gog_20081023_1280x1024.png (GOG as of 2008)
Very true d2t. This could well be a personal issue for me. I work in the medical field and I work with colors in my hobby :)
d2t: they made the logo translucent and without colors months ago with announcement of Galaxy - www.gog.com/galaxy

d2t: this page always used grey - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Gog_20081023_1280x1024.png (GOG as of 2008)
That screen shot still looks way better than this new GOG.

this page always used grey - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Gog_20081023_1280x1024.png (GOG as of 2008)
jalister: That screen shot still looks way better than this new GOG.
Yes, this particular old version looks the best from all.. give us back good old gog! :)
jalister: That screen shot still looks way better than this new GOG.
ambient_orange: Yes, this particular old version looks the best from all.. give us back good old gog! :)
Yes its pretty amazing that the very original gog was better in every respect than the clusterfuck we have now , however I think everyone is wasting their breath trying to persuade gog to do a U Turn , they seem to have gone into self destruct mode I'm afraid. .... its all very sad.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by summitus
ambient_orange: Yes, this particular old version looks the best from all.. give us back good old gog! :)
summitus: Yes its pretty amazing that the very original gog was better in every respect than the clusterfuck we have now , however I think everyone is wasting their breath trying to persuade gog to do a U Turn , they seem to have gone into self destruct mode I'm afraid. .... its all very sad.
We can spam a voting and they do notice voting, just look at the game voting system. We could persuade them to fix their website eventually.
high rated
summitus: Yes its pretty amazing that the very original gog was better in every respect than the clusterfuck we have now , however I think everyone is wasting their breath trying to persuade gog to do a U Turn , they seem to have gone into self destruct mode I'm afraid. .... its all very sad.
ambient_orange: We can spam a voting and they do notice voting, just look at the game voting system. We could persuade them to fix their website eventually.
GOG has morphed from a unique and pleasant place to find and buy games into a dull, copy cat just another digital store. I want them to go back to the previous site, but I doubt they will. The modern ui look of windows 8 was huge factor in pushing me farther into linux.
No I wouldn't say it's breath-wasting... It's more a matter of "who has the longer breath"...
I for my part have bought the last games from this "The Vanishing of 35 Nordic Games"-sale - or so ;) - in late August/early September, and that only because they had left gog, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them, because of boycott reason.
My wishlist is still empty since the relaunch and will not refill until a decent part of what the Community and me have posted often enough here and there, is fulfilled at last. To put the colors back - or color AT ALL - at the main logo would be a "beginning" and a friendly gesture.
A member of an adventure game forum I'm on has been waiting two weeks for a reply that isn't automatically generated, telling him/her that they've gotten the message asking for help and will reply soon. That's nuts. I've never waited more than a few days, generally over a weekend, to get help from a live human being...at least before the new and improved GOG was foisted on us. It seems that things are broken so badly now they have to concentrate all their efforts on fixing them and good luck if you need help with a game.
I for one can't shake the notion that GOG is severely understaffed at the moment.
Lemon_Curry: I for one can't shake the notion that GOG is severely understaffed at the moment.
It's because something happened interntally and the place quickly became a shitty place to work and a bunch of people abandoned ship and now whoever is left is trying to pick up the pieces.
That's not true as far as I know? The only person I know who left is TheEnigmaticT, for reasons that I don't know that we were ever given.

I agree that whether the reasons are sinister or mundane, GOG seems totally under-equipped to be doing all the things they're trying to do.
BadDecissions: That's not true as far as I know? The only person I know who left is TheEnigmaticT, for reasons that I don't know that we were ever given.

I agree that whether the reasons are sinister or mundane, GOG seems totally under-equipped to be doing all the things they're trying to do.
If you look at gogs job section you can see that they are having problems employing people since they have the same job offers online for months and aren't getting any new employees. There must be something wrong with the company if people don't want to work here.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: If you look at gogs job section you can see that they are having problems employing people since they have the same job offers online for months and aren't getting any new employees. There must be something wrong with the company if people don't want to work here.
At least one job position has been filled. Problem is that the coding positions require someone with quite a bit of experience and willing to move to Poland. The combination is a bit of a pain to find, since experienced people have usually settled down and are not that willing to move.
If they were offering the chance to work from offsite, most of those positions would have already been filled, based on the comments I've seen on twitter and facebook.
Matruchus: If you look at gogs job section you can see that they are having problems employing people since they have the same job offers online for months and aren't getting any new employees. There must be something wrong with the company if people don't want to work here.
JMich: At least one job position has been filled. Problem is that the coding positions require someone with quite a bit of experience and willing to move to Poland. The combination is a bit of a pain to find, since experienced people have usually settled down and are not that willing to move.
If they were offering the chance to work from offsite, most of those positions would have already been filled, based on the comments I've seen on twitter and facebook.
I agree that working in Warsaw would not excite many people. Don't really understand why don't they offer working offsite since this is more or less standard now for software development.