It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get the full trilogy with a 66% discount or each game for 40% off!

Did you guys take your Dramamine this morning? Looks like you might need it soon: the beloved Descent trilogy is back and it's going to spin you right round right round.

Indeed, after disappearing into the darkness for a while, the series that pioneered six degrees of freedom shooting now finally re-emerges on GOG.com. If for whatever unfortunate reason you are not already acquainted with their ground-breaking 3D brilliance, now is your chance to redeem yourself before anyone finds out: get the entire trilogy in a Pack with a 66% discount or just buy Descent, Descent II and Descent 3 individually for -40% each.

This offer lasts until November 26, 11PM UTC.
Good news that Descent is back to buy. A shame that the money presumably still goes to Interplay, but hey ho.

joppo: I can only hope Interplay be put to rest soon while their catalogue goes to the hands of better consumer-friendly companies like THQ Nordic or CDPR.
You and me both. Whatever creature it is that wears Interplay's skin right now needs to shuffle back into the void it came from. My hope is that some day, Revival Productions get full control of everything they don't already have relating to Descent.

(For those who don't know, Revival are basically Parallax Software. They're working on a new 6DoF called Overload. Definitely follow them if you want a true spiritual successor to Descent.)
IwubCheeze: Now Duke Nukem needs to come back next :)
The guys that did Anniversary edition wont allow it for now :(
haha yesterday i started looking for descent games here on gog only to see that they were removed somewhere in 2014 or 2015.i was suprised to see them back today.from my point of view descent was absent only for a day :))
Mighty de(s)cent of them to bring these games back.
Good news! It's wonderful to have them back - it felt like there was a big hole in the catalogue without the Descent games.
Yes, yes, yesssss... I'm not letting you get away ever again, just bought all 3! :-D
Telkir: You and me both. Whatever creature it is that wears Interplay's skin right now needs to shuffle back into the void it came from.
This description is so creepy it is perfectly appropriate. (But I think calling that place a "void" is too soft. I think the Abyss, or the UpsideDown from Stranger Things is a better fit.)

Telkir: My hope is that some day, Revival Productions get full control of everything they don't already have relating to Descent.
(For those who don't know, Revival are basically Parallax Software. They're working on a new 6DoF called Overload. Definitely follow them if you want a true spiritual successor to Descent.)
Those guys seem to be awesome, and it really looks like they love the franchise instead of just loving the money it can bring *cough* Interplay *cough*. It wouldn't be a bad fate for those games.
high rated
@Interplay - you're failing your reputation, why is Descent 3 and the Mercenary expansion sold together?

While it's nice to see the series return, the unbundling of Descent and Descent II and doubling of the price of each leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
HypersomniacLive: @Interplay - you're failing your reputation, why is Descent 3 and the Mercenary expansion sold together?

While it's nice to see the series return, the unbundling of Descent and Descent II and doubling of the price of each leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
At the moment I'm just glad they're back (just bought all three) but yes: splitting 1 and 2 reeks of "we need to recoup all the money in unpaid royalties we have to give to Parallax".
I'm pretty sure both games weren't originally released on March 13, 1996. :)

I also like how they just put the same pre-removal reviews on both pages. I mean, it's totally understandable that GOG staff had better things to do than reading through 27 pages of reviews, deciding which game's product page each review would better fit on (since most reviews mentioned both titles), but it's still funny.
Yeah, I got Sublevel Zero for free, but it's a rogue shite, (Gorgeous game, plus excellent game mechanics save for the perma-death) so it's collecting virtual dust, so my question is this; is this perma-death type of game, I ask as it's in my shopping cart right now and I'd like to know before I pull the trigger!...As it were :)

Also, take a look at this excellent freeware descent clone!
Post edited November 24, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
While I'm not a big fan of the price hike, it is good to see these games back on GOG.
takezodunmer2005: Yeah, I got Sublevel Zero for free, but it's a rogue shite, (Gorgeous game, plus excellent game mechanics save for the perma-death) so it's collecting virtual dust, so my question is this; is this perma-death type of game, I ask as it's in my shopping cart right now and I'd like to know before I pull the trigger!...As it were :)
Sublevel Zero was alright, but it can't hold a candle to the original 6DoF masterpieces. No, the Descent games are essentially traditional free-floating FPSeses where you can save whenever and wherever. It does have a lives system: in case you do die you'll be kicked back to the beginning of a level, but all enemies stay dead (unless there is a spawning zone) and you can collect your lost upgrades where you were killed.
Post edited November 24, 2017 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: While I'm not a big fan of the price hike, it is good to see these games back on GOG.

takezodunmer2005: Yeah, I got Sublevel Zero for free, but it's a rogue shite, (Gorgeous game, plus excellent game mechanics save for the perma-death) so it's collecting virtual dust, so my question is this; is this perma-death type of game, I ask as it's in my shopping cart right now and I'd like to know before I pull the trigger!...As it were :)
Mr.Mumbles: Sublevel Zero was alright, but it can't hold a candle to the original 6DoF masterpieces. No, the Descent games are essentially traditional free-floating FPSeses where you can save whenever and wherever. It does have a lives system: in case you do die you'll be kicked back to the beginning of a level, but all enemies stay dead (unless there is a spawning zone and you can collect back your upgrades where you were killed.
Thanks for the info! Insta-bought!
News of the day, week and month :)
Heck ya!