It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready for another leap across time and space. Here are two classic titles from Ziggurat Interactive that will feed your video game nostalgia:

Das Boot: German U-Boat Simulation (-33%)
Blue Max: Aces of the Great War (-33%)

Buy them before their discounts expire on 12th November 2021, 1 PM UTC. Both games are also available inside one neat bundle. Before you play, read our interview with Michael Devine, SVP of business development at ZIggurat, to learn more about the company’s interesting past and plans for the future.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
MarkoH01: You are probably right - I should do this.
EnforcerSunWoo: It is just too important to leave as a sidenote in a thread that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Done. Thread that explains the whole situation created here.
EnforcerSunWoo: It is just too important to leave as a sidenote in a thread that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
MarkoH01: Done. Thread that explains the whole situation created here.
Any idea on how long this bug has been active and causing issues? months? years?
MarkoH01: Done. Thread that explains the whole situation created here.
I doubt gog will fix it.
WinterSnowfall: Oh my... I was actually wondering why I got an update notification for it, yet the installer version was still the same I had.
MarkoH01: Yes, GOGdb clearly shows it

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1996206777#changelog

Two days ago the newest offline installer 1.3.15215 has been removed to be replaced with the one before 1.3.15142.
Hmmm, yes... I also see Galaxy has the new version. This kind of thing sounds like a critical bug to me... perhaps put some honey on it, maybe GOGBears will notice it, attracted by the scent? :P
MarkoH01: Yes, GOGdb clearly shows it

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1996206777#changelog

Two days ago the newest offline installer 1.3.15215 has been removed to be replaced with the one before 1.3.15142.
WinterSnowfall: Hmmm, yes... I also see Galaxy has the new version. This kind of thing sounds like a critical bug to me... perhaps put some honey on it, maybe GOGBears will notice it, attracted by the scent? :P
Yes, Galaxy has the latest version and yes, it is a crucial bug. Luckily apparently it also is quite rare since it only happens when a game gets updated mutiple times quite fast.

I hope that the thread I created (and the support ticket) will be enough honey for the GOGbears :)
Post edited November 07, 2021 by MarkoH01
The issue appears to be fixed. The downloads are now visible in my library.
I can see offline downloader for Das Boot: German U-Boat Simulation and still no downloader for Blue Max: Aces of the Great War.

Same situation with Galaxy.
Attachments:
Post edited November 07, 2021 by Cadaver747
GOG's latest blunder aside, I don't really fancy the idea of playing a nazi. Which is a bit strange, since I have no problem playing other questionable characters, like playing a hitman in Metrocide. Likewise, I just can't stomach playing the Inquisitor class in Grim Dawn. Go figure.
As Cadaver747 mentioned, only Das Boot has received installer file, still nothing for Blue Max :(

KasperHviid: GOG's latest blunder aside, I don't really fancy the idea of playing a nazi. Which is a bit strange, since I have no problem playing other questionable characters, like playing a hitman in Metrocide. Likewise, I just can't stomach playing the Inquisitor class in Grim Dawn. Go figure.
Many WWII games are also allowing to play as Soviets, who have much more (in numbers) victims of their genocidal policy than Germany (not telling of course that German victims are less relevant only because they were less numerous, we're still talking about milions of killed people), so I guess that at this point we had quite a lot of titles allowing to play as one of those genocidal countries (Germany and Soviet Union) and most people "get used to it".

Although don't get me wrong, I understand and respect your preference. Myself, I could not convince myself to play in Death to Spies (so playing as Smiersz agent), despite the fact, that it's just the game.
Post edited November 07, 2021 by MartiusR
Also, it seems like their forums are not yet, the links which their store page have are directed to the general forum.
I'm surprised that GOG's quality became so low these days.
HIRO kun: Also, it seems like their forums are not yet, the links which their store page have are directed to the general forum.
The links are fine and work well. However there was an issue introduced since the inception of new filtering options by GOG, some links indeed redirect to general page but if you try to click <back> and click the links again they should work as always, try it now and see for yourself.
https://www.gog.com/game/das_boot_german_uboat_simulation
https://www.gog.com/game/blue_max_aces_of_the_great_war

Alas only a very few users noticed that but not GOG.
HIRO kun: Also, it seems like their forums are not yet, the links which their store page have are directed to the general forum.
Cadaver747: The links are fine and work well. However there was an issue introduced since the inception of new filtering options by GOG, some links indeed redirect to general page but if you try to click <back> and click the links again they should work as always, try it now and see for yourself.
https://www.gog.com/game/das_boot_german_uboat_simulation
https://www.gog.com/game/blue_max_aces_of_the_great_war

Alas only a very few users noticed that but not GOG.
Strange. I did it for both pages, and still, I directed to the general forum. I've checked some other newly available games, and their links are all correct. I think this is just GOG's fault to make their game forums.
HIRO kun: Strange. I did it for both pages, and still, I directed to the general forum. I've checked some other newly available games, and their links are all correct. I think this is just GOG's fault to make their game forums.
Yes, very strange indeed. Seems that some users affected differently than others.
Wakey wakey, no eggs and bakey for you GOG, because Blue Max still doesn't have installer uploaded :(
It's fixed now, the offline installation file is in place Blue Max: Aces of the Great War (see attached)
Attachments: