It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A treasure chest filled with gaming's most precious gems.

Have you somehow still managed to get through life without ever trying any of the unparalleled classics inhabiting EA's star-studded catalog? Shhhh, not so loud! Now quick, this way, before anyone finds out!
Here's your chance to redeem yourself: our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 15</span>, brimming with timeless masterpieces which you have totally already played, in case anyone asks.

No other game managed to quite capture the true horror of being stalked by nightmarish creatures, twitching their way towards you from the other end of a dim corridor echoing with Dead Space. If you haven't yet tried this terrifying classic, do yourself a favor and be made whole again.

Everybody agrees that becoming God ain't easy. But what they don't tell you is that it can be enormously fun! Build cities humming with magic, conquer planet after planet, and wreak havoc upon your followers when you feel like it - Populous: The Beginning is your godly playground.

As always, there's more – including Dragon Age: Origins, Legend Of Kyrandia, The Saboteur, Crysis, Theme Hospital, and plenty of others!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 15</span> will last until May 15, 4:00 PM UTC.
op2017si: What type of games do you like to play?
OdanUrr: I'm game for pretty much anything. I've already played the more recent titles, like DA:O, Dead Space, Crysis, Jade Empire, Mirror's Edge, and MoH, that's why I asked about the older titles I don't know much about.
I really enjoyed Wing Commander series, especially 3 and 4 games in the series. Mark Hammil, Tom Wilson, Malcolm McDowell and many different choices that will matter, even lovestory in present in 3rd part. Great story-driven space sims.

Same i can say about Strike Commander - only it is not in space, but in near future of 2011 year. Well, back then this was the future! XD You fly on F-16 (and something else i won't spoil) for mercenaries in many different countries. This game have special place in my heart.

Legend of Kyrandia - very nice quest with excellent art. Well, 3rd part is not great like the first two. Same can be said about Land of Lore RPG series. Crusader was fun back then, but I suspect that game hasn't aged well.

Dungeon Keeper is very interesting strategy games where you play evil dungeon overlord. You build dungeon, train minions, defend from heroes, capture and torture them. Also, game with a sense of humor. Oh, and you can posess any minion and play FPS. :)

Bioforge is very interesting adventure with unusual sci-fi setting, but it is very old and have some problems with controls.

Nox i didn't like. Syndicate was very great back then, but it hasn't aged well.
Dragoniel: Yes. We need Dead Space 2 and 3.

I would also love Mass Effect 1 (i think there is a 50% chance we get it) and then ME 2 and 3 as well.
We need; Dead Space 2 and 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, Medal of Honor Airborne/2010/Warfighter. :)

Dragoniel: I imagine all the games that require Origin (DS 2 and 3, ME 2 and 3) will never make it to GoG.
Actually, this is not a problem for this games. There will be problems with first ME (source code for Pinnacle Station is gone and game is buggy on new OS/DirectX).
Post edited May 08, 2017 by Andrey82
Mr.Caine: Don't question the non existent logic of fanboys.
Sniskerbobberton: I'm not a fanboy... I just don't believe nagging GOG every sale for Connect games is fair, especially when it means that people are handing Steam money over GOG, people just seem to use GOG to get a DRM-Free copy when they could support them from the get go.

GOG has always been a pro-consumer company more than Steam what with regional pricing, DRM-Free and Connect, but at the end of the day they're a business and they should be allowed to make a profit not hand it to the competition.
People handed that money over years ago. Dead Space which was in a 1$ bundle and is constantly on sale in steam for like 2$ is nearly 5euros on GOG even on a 75% sale. GOG is so pro-consumer you get to pay extra for a decade old game!
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Mr.Caine
Mr.Caine: Don't question the non existent logic of fanboys.
Sniskerbobberton: I'm not a fanboy... I just don't believe nagging GOG every sale for Connect games is fair, especially when it means that people are handing Steam money over GOG, people just seem to use GOG to get a DRM-Free copy when they could support them from the get go.

GOG has always been a pro-consumer company more than Steam what with regional pricing, DRM-Free and Connect, but at the end of the day they're a business and they should be allowed to make a profit not hand it to the competition.
There is logic to your post, but the main flaw I see is that it presupposes that people who wish for more Connect games aren't purchasing anything on GOG. Just because someone would rather have a DRM-free copy over here of a game they've already purchased, doesn't mean they aren't picking up other games from the same sales. For example, I'd love to have DA:Origins, Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space here, but I'm not going to pay another $15 bucks for them when I can use that same $15 to buy The Saboteur, Sim City 4, and Crysis (games I don't own yet).

In other words: Whether or not I get DRM-free games, I'm still spending the same money. The way I see it, people who ask for more Connect games are really saying they'd rather have more reasons to stay logged into GOG.
SpiderFighter: There is logic to your post, but the main flaw I see is that it presupposes that people who wish for more Connect games aren't purchasing anything on GOG. Just because someone would rather have a DRM-free copy over here of a game they've already purchased, doesn't mean they aren't picking up other games from the same sales. For example, I'd love to have DA:Origins, Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space here, but I'm not going to pay another $15 bucks for them when I can use that same $15 to buy The Saboteur, Sim City 4, and Crysis (games I don't own yet).
This is exactly the position I'm in (and interestingly those are three of the four games I referenced in my previous post that I'd like to grab here. The fourth is the Saboteur). But yeah, I still buy games here. Just can't really justify dropping 30 bucks just to have games on my GOG shelf that I own elsewhere - especially given the size of my wishlist!

I would also love Mass Effect 1 (i think there is a 50% chance we get it) and then ME 2 and 3 as well.

I imagine all the games that require Origin (DS 2 and 3, ME 2 and 3) will never make it to GoG.

Instabuy from me just like DA:O, even though I already had it since launch, gotta vote with the wallet.

:(
Do you know if DA:O runs in the third-person perspective or is it mostly viewed from the top? Is it similar to The Witcher?
Excellent sale! Picked up everything I didn't already have, thanks GOG and EA!!
IronArcturus: Dead Space 1 was a lot of fun! Any chance we'll see Dead Space 2?

I imagine all the games that require Origin (DS 2 and 3, ME 2 and 3) will never make it to GoG.

Instabuy from me just like DA:O, even though I already had it since launch, gotta vote with the wallet.

Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 were released before the creation of Origin so they could still be released here without needing to make any major changes.

IronArcturus: Do you know if DA:O runs in the third-person perspective or is it mostly viewed from the top? Is it similar to The Witcher?
DA:O is a 3rd person behind the back RPG but you can zoom the camera out quite a distance and you can move it overhead for a more tactical view.

It is more complex than the Witcher since you have multiple party members of different classes to monitor so it would be better to compare it to Bioware's previous RPG's like Balders Gate.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by wolfsite
Also, despite knowing the legal issues many of us are aware of, with Blade Runner 2049 coming out now would be a great time for a re-release of Westwood's Blade Runner game.
ZaineH: I hope we will get to see some more Maxis titles later this week. SimAnt, SimEarth. Doesn't matter!
HafenkaeseLP: I hope so too, even though Sims 2 is highly priorized in my wishlist. I haven't played SimEarth yet, but i've seen a video and it looks interesting.
Same! I'd really love to see The Sims 1 and 2 arrive.
tfishell: Also, despite knowing the legal issues many of us are aware of, with Blade Runner 2049 coming out now would be a great time for a re-release of Westwood's Blade Runner game.
Won't happen, because all source material was lost (models, code and other thing) and without it game will be extremely hard to fix to let it work on modern OS/hardware. There were many requests about making a remaster, but this won't happen either. Sad, this was a great game!

Also, already got Jade Empire, Strike Commander and The Saboteur. Maybe will also get a Dead Space (if we want to get Dead Space 2 here, we need to buy first game i think) and Wing Commander 1+2.

Great sale GOG!
Nice sale! I bought Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™ Planetary Pack! Even the fact is, that i have too many incomplete games, in my games library. I just don´t have time to play interesting games!
No GOG connect yet? Come on, EA.
tfishell: Also, despite knowing the legal issues many of us are aware of, with Blade Runner 2049 coming out now would be a great time for a re-release of Westwood's Blade Runner game.
Andrey82: Won't happen, because all source material was lost (models, code and other thing) and without it game will be extremely hard to fix to let it work on modern OS/hardware. There were many requests about making a remaster, but this won't happen either. Sad, this was a great game!

Also, already got Jade Empire, Strike Commander and The Saboteur. Maybe will also get a Dead Space (if we want to get Dead Space 2 here, we need to buy first game i think) and Wing Commander 1+2.

Great sale GOG!
Saving of videogame history is a serious matter every one in the industry should care about. :(
Post edited May 09, 2017 by Zoidberg
Andrey82: Won't happen, because all source material was lost (models, code and other thing) and without it game will be extremely hard to fix to let it work on modern OS/hardware. There were many requests about making a remaster, but this won't happen either. Sad, this was a great game!
Louis Castle explained the source code and assets were lost when Westwood moved its studio from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. My opinion, It is stupidity if no backup copies from source code. Westwood studio is history now, eated by EA. Sad things just happens!

Blade Runner was lovely game and the movie was great!
IronArcturus: Do you know if DA:O runs in the third-person perspective or is it mostly viewed from the top? Is it similar to The Witcher?
I have it on Steam, but it's not installed and it's over 25 Gigs. It looks like the camera is pretty movable though, with it chasing you in third-person and switching to overhead for battles. Check these parts out for examples:
https://youtu.be/gWZgH639TW8?t=9m32s (play to 9:46 when it enters battle again)
https://youtu.be/GEpY4omjTwY?t=16m42s

As I recall, The Witcher's camera stays mostly on ground-level.
Post edited May 09, 2017 by SpiderFighter
deleted