It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the fall of civilization comes, everything might seem lost. But even in such grim circumstances, a small hope for a better future remains.

You can try to find it with Weekly Sale on GOG.COM featuring some very memorable post-apo games up to 90% off.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (-70%) is a survival game set in a vast open world. Roam a city devastated by the plague and flesh-hungry enemies.

Frostpunk (-60%) is a strategy simulation game set in a frozen world, where people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition (-60%) is a sequel to the classic RPG from 1988. Join Desert Rangers and try to restore order in post-war America.

That’s not all – check out more of the discounted post-apo games, like This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition (-75%) or Shardlight (-70%). This Weekly Sale on GOG.COM will last until 10th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Could we get the remaining DLC for Dying Light?
Chivalry Weapon Pack
Left 4 Dead 2-Weapon Pack
Book
3D Printer Models
Original Soundtrack
Collector’s Artbook
Wallpaper Pack

Also the Mac and Linux ports wouldn't hurt.
GOG.com: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (-70%) is a survival game set in a vast open world. Roam a city devastated by the plague and flesh-hungry enemies.
tfishell: I know you probably want it here and Techland or/and Deep Silver are the hold-up, buuuut...
Dead Island pls
Also, getting the original versions of the Metros here would be nice but I understand if that doesn't happen. Hopefully we at least get Metro Exodus sooner than later!
Definately need dead island and riptide. I also played a game escape from dead island recently, it was ok apart from a few niggles and bad ending, graphics xiii style.
Can not recommend metro in any sense though. All those games are terrible, linear rails shooters with very little to recommend them.

For those who don’t own dying light, buy it!
Gengar78: Could we get the remaining DLC for Dying Light?
Chivalry Weapon Pack
Book
3D Printer Models
Original Soundtrack
Collector’s Artbook
Wallpaper Pack

I do not think you can get Left 4 Dead 2-Weapon Pack on GOG, L4D being a Valve game ;) Chivarly is also a Steam only game, although it could be a wa y to drove more people to the game with this, well, free advertizing.

Wht bugs me is that this Polish game sold in this Polish store even with this *discount* has the highest price around here. I think any discount deals available here offer better pricing for Polish people, which is kind of unreasonable, if they want people to buy on GOG. I have been waiting with the purchase of Dying Light for some time now (I will only be able to play AFTER I upgrade my hardware, so it would still be buying ahead of time), but GOG prices are always worse than those of the competition. The same's with Frostpunk I want to support GOG, because of its DRM-free policy and standalone installers, but this is ridiculous and does not help with market expansion, imo.
Gib monies to Portia devs pls!

They seem to be having a rough time. Quote from the Steam forums:

Pathea Games donated Portia February Proceeds to the Epidemic Relief Effort

Hi everyone, as you've probably heard by now, there's a coronavirus going around called the 2019-nCoV. The World Health Organization has already declared a world wide health emergency over it. Our studio is in Chongqing, which is actually located pretty close to Wuhan (900km), where the epidemic started. Currently all of our developers are doing well, but we do have four devs under quarantine in Wuhan. The rest of us are holed up in our homes under self quarantine; it's been a scary time.

Over the last two weeks, at least here in China, we've seen a lot of fear, anger, despair, unity, and hope. Since this epidemic is affecting us directly, we want to do something as a studio to help, especially the victims of this terrible disease. We have decided that we'll donate all of the proceeds that we receive as a studio from the My Time at Portia Steam and WeGame sales for the month of February to HAN HONG LOVE CHARITY FOUNDATION. ( Now the charity has stopped accepting donations, but we have made contact and are in further communication.) We will be very transparent about it and will post the final numbers for both Steam and WeGame sales as well as the donation receipt at the start of next month.

On a side note, we were planning to release two more content updates in the first half of this year, but due to the virus outbreak, there will be a delay to these updates.
Thank you for your support and be safe out there.

Pathea Games
They don't explicitly mention gog, but I suppose they may choost donate their gog monies to chariy just as well. Can't hurt to ask them on Steam/Twitter/fb/whereever.
fronzelneekburm: Gib monies to Portia devs pls!

They seem to be having a rough time. Quote from the Steam forums:

Pathea Games donated Portia February Proceeds to the Epidemic Relief Effort

Hi everyone, as you've probably heard by now, there's a coronavirus going around called the 2019-nCoV. The World Health Organization has already declared a world wide health emergency over it. Our studio is in Chongqing, which is actually located pretty close to Wuhan (900km), where the epidemic started. Currently all of our developers are doing well, but we do have four devs under quarantine in Wuhan. The rest of us are holed up in our homes under self quarantine; it's been a scary time.

Over the last two weeks, at least here in China, we've seen a lot of fear, anger, despair, unity, and hope. Since this epidemic is affecting us directly, we want to do something as a studio to help, especially the victims of this terrible disease. We have decided that we'll donate all of the proceeds that we receive as a studio from the My Time at Portia Steam and WeGame sales for the month of February to HAN HONG LOVE CHARITY FOUNDATION. ( Now the charity has stopped accepting donations, but we have made contact and are in further communication.) We will be very transparent about it and will post the final numbers for both Steam and WeGame sales as well as the donation receipt at the start of next month.

On a side note, we were planning to release two more content updates in the first half of this year, but due to the virus outbreak, there will be a delay to these updates.
Thank you for your support and be safe out there.

Pathea Games
fronzelneekburm: They don't explicitly mention gog, but I suppose they may choost donate their gog monies to chariy just as well. Can't hurt to ask them on Steam/Twitter/fb/whereever.
"Dark times at Portia"
Gengar78: Could we get the remaining DLC for Dying Light?
Chivalry Weapon Pack
Book
3D Printer Models
Original Soundtrack
Collector’s Artbook
Wallpaper Pack

lubwak: I do not think you can get Left 4 Dead 2-Weapon Pack on GOG, L4D being a Valve game ;) Chivarly is also a Steam only game, although it could be a wa y to drove more people to the game with this, well, free advertizing.
I thought I would hear this again. I'll just point out that the GOG version of Torchlight 2 has the same head-crab pet (half-life) that you can get on the Steam version...
Then again, that game came here years later and this L4D DLC is rather recent. A similar thing happened with Super Time Force Ultra, it got here same time as on Steam, yet we didn't get the playable L4D characters. Is there some (stupid) contract they signed that said they could only have such referential content if they kept the game Steam exclusive for some amount of time?
lubwak: I do not think you can get Left 4 Dead 2-Weapon Pack on GOG, L4D being a Valve game ;) Chivarly is also a Steam only game, although it could be a wa y to drove more people to the game with this, well, free advertizing.
Gengar78: I thought I would hear this again. I'll just point out that the GOG version of Torchlight 2 has the same head-crab pet (half-life) that you can get on the Steam version...
Then again, that game came here years later and this L4D DLC is rather recent. A similar thing happened with Super Time Force Ultra, it got here same time as on Steam, yet we didn't get the playable L4D characters. Is there some (stupid) contract they signed that said they could only have such referential content if they kept the game Steam exclusive for some amount of time?
Oh, I did not know. Then I take what I said back - there is no good reason for those DLCs to be kept Steam-exclusive if there's been a precedent. Maybe it is indeed about some agreements, but we'd have to get some proof ;) It is one of the disadvantages of GOG - it gets extra content later than Steam. AFAIR it is a result of how content is transferred - I think that on Steam makers can do it directly, while on GOG the staff are the quality control middle-men.
I guess the Fallout games would fit in this sale, wouldn't they. I know many here probably hate "Creation Club Credits" but if GOG implementing the option to buy them into their site meant that Fallout 4 GOTY Ed. could come here, maybe it would be worth it (assuming of course the game is DRM-free; an option to log into a Beth account or whatever, but not forced to).

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#order=votes_total&search=fallout

(also there's a "Skyrim Special Edition + Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y." bundle for $80 on Steam, seems like an odd bundle)
Post edited February 04, 2020 by tfishell
SpecShadow: Took NEO Scavenger, rarely play roguelike but this one looks promising.
retrorealms: NEO Scavenger has the look and feel of those old turn-based post-apocalyptic BBS games, only with much better graphics of course. I would have bought this one already had it not been for the fact that it's apparently made in Adobe Flash, which is full of security holes. Now, if there was a way to sandbox it during play then I would buy it regardless but as it is I'll have to pass. I don't want to invite a post-apocalyptic scenario to my computer in the form of ransomware...
Flash? Oh my...

Even Frog Fractions (which is coming to rival store, f2p) left that ship already.
Oh well, nothing that good ol' reliable virtual PC can't deal with :]

edit
and there is also this project
https://www.pcgamer.com/thousands-of-old-flash-games-have-been-saved-from-obsolescence/
Post edited February 04, 2020 by SpecShadow
Why is the base game of Dying Light currently not available? I can only see those 5 DLCs, or is it only me?
duff_y: Why is the base game of Dying Light currently not available? I can only see those 5 DLCs, or is it only me?
It is listed for me - I also see it on the frontpage (but it's also in my library).
If you click on one of the DLCs, you should have a link to the "base game". Does it show up there?
duff_y: Why is the base game of Dying Light currently not available? I can only see those 5 DLCs, or is it only me?
mw.834515: It is listed for me - I also see it on the frontpage (but it's also in my library).
If you click on one of the DLCs, you should have a link to the "base game". Does it show up there?
Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I see the link to the base game on the DLC page, but it redirects directly to https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity . I sent a message to the support team after doing the usual (clear cookies, relog, restart browser etc.).
tfishell: I guess the Fallout games would fit in this sale, wouldn't they. I know many here probably hate "Creation Club Credits" but if GOG implementing the option to buy them into their site meant that Fallout 4 GOTY Ed. could come here, maybe it would be worth it (assuming of course the game is DRM-free; an option to log into a Beth account or whatever, but not forced to).
Wouldn't that weaken GOG's negotiation position with other big games/publishers? In other words, Skyrim is nearly a decade old game and Bethesda still won't put even an old version of it on GOG. If GOG were to accept Skyrim/Fallout 4 under the terms you propose, why wouldn't every other big publisher going forward demand similar unfavorable terms from GOG right from the start?
duff_y: Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I see the link to the base game on the DLC page, but it redirects directly to https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity . I sent a message to the support team after doing the usual (clear cookies, relog, restart browser etc.).
Are you situated in Germany?
Because the base game is not available for German users (you have to use a VPN).
duff_y: Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I see the link to the base game on the DLC page, but it redirects directly to https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity . I sent a message to the support team after doing the usual (clear cookies, relog, restart browser etc.).
BreOl72: Are you situated in Germany?
Because the base game is not available for German users (you have to use a VPN).
Interesting, this might be indeed the case. Thanks for pointing this out!