It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Firewatch, Craft the World, Master of Orion, and more walk the red carpet.

It's Oscars time, baby! The lights, the glamour, the awkward speeches - what's not to like? Ok, yes, there is a distinct lack of interactivity to the whole affair. But that's where video games come in and we sure got plenty of those! Let us then kindly submit this fine selection for your consideration as part of our Weekly sale where all the nominees are up to -85%.

Firewatch is a reflective trip through the mysterious Wyoming wilderness where mid-life anxieties, curious happenings, and the longing for companionship roam. Strong competitor for Best Actor and Actress awards, as well as Cinematography.

Master of Orion is our suggestion for Adapted Screenplay. Taking all the elements of the legendary 4X classic, putting them inside an attractive package and modernizing them for a new audience, is no small feat.

Aquaria won't have much trouble taking home the award for best Music. It's the perfect companion to Naija's underwater adventures through a beautiful world filled with secrets, wonder, and metroidvania challenges.

The Weekly sale ends March 12, 11 PM UTC.
pmcollectorboy: This sale in a nutshell: Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo.
Were they Justified and Ancient?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntEjsIaGIvc

Needless to say, I'm holding off buying anything since I can't add money to my wallet. Woking on it though.
Post edited March 06, 2018 by drmike
omega64: I remember something like this vaguely. Wasn't that resolved after people explained that wasn't the case with GOG?
Though I do understand that being the first response would put someone off.
micktiegs_8: I don't know. It's hard to tell if devs really are stubborn pricks glued to those ridiculous notions attached to GOG being DRM free, or if they're genuinely uneducated about such things.

Didn't help with the Steam-boys coming into the discussion and hurling abuse. I switched off after a short while lol.
And at release it wasn't really drm-free because you had to register and play online to unlock all stuff, asked gog to give me my money back but they didn't reacted. Hope they changed it, for games like crashland unlocking stuff is a part of the basic game.
Since there is no daily deal thread, I'd like to recommend Order of the Thorne here. I paid more for it and was happy for my purchase. I think this is the best price ever.
It is a somewhat unpolished point and click, reminiscent of King's Quest. I did not like the voice over, but as I switched it to text-only it shone. Don't expect a satisfying ending either, but if pnc is your favourite genre it will give you that pleasure you seek ;)
Bought Sea Dogs, thanks Akella & GOG team. <3
Dogmaus: Since there is no daily deal thread, I'd like to recommend Order of the Thorne here. I paid more for it and was happy for my purchase. I think this is the best price ever.
It is a somewhat unpolished point and click, reminiscent of King's Quest. I did not like the voice over, but as I switched it to text-only it shone. Don't expect a satisfying ending either, but if pnc is your favourite genre it will give you that pleasure you seek ;)
I was kinda interested, but your post and a 80% discount sealed the deal. Thanks.
Dogmaus: Since there is no daily deal thread
GOG daily deals

Dogmaus: I'd like to recommend Order of the Thorne here. I paid more for it and was happy for my purchase. I think this is the best price ever.
It already has been on sale at 90% discount for $0.99.
Dogmaus: Since there is no daily deal thread
eiii: GOG daily deals

Dogmaus: I'd like to recommend Order of the Thorne here. I paid more for it and was happy for my purchase. I think this is the best price ever.
eiii: It already has been on sale at 90% discount for $0.99.
I could not find that thread, and thank you for pointing that out. I bought and played the game in May so I did not pay attention to its Summer Sales price.
Has anyone tried that Asura game? Does it work with an Xbox 360 controller?
PainOfSalvation: Bought Sea Dogs, thanks Akella & GOG team. <3
Me too!
I've read some reviews and couldn't resist for that price. As a great fan of crpgs it seems to be something I should try at least.
badon: How many kidneys do you have left? I still have 1, and as soon as I find a buyer, that's my ticket to wishlist paradise :)
ciemnogrodzianin: But be careful, Chosen One. The path to Wishlist Paradise may easily lead you into Backlog Hell!
The chosen one's fatal flaw is impetuousness, and not heeding the sage master's good advice. I now have 227 games in my GOG account, and I have completed only 5 of them...

EDIT: Famous:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/87ymt5/how_many_kidneys_do_you_have_left/
Post edited March 29, 2018 by badon
badon: ...
:)

Looks like 43 completed in 364 in my case. However Complete means also "dropped" for me (a few titles I'm not going to finish) and some of them completed years ago and not planning to replay them anytime soon (as Syberia received here for free).

I think the result strongly depends on what kind of games are you interested. I've got a lot of crpgs (which are 10+ hours and often 20-50h to be completed) and I also like point&click (usually a few hours is enough in this case).

I can't imagine how it works for RTS fans. I think I've never finished any RTS :D
ciemnogrodzianin: :)

Looks like 43 completed in 364 in my case. However Complete means also "dropped" for me (a few titles I'm not going to finish) and some of them completed years ago and not planning to replay them anytime soon (as Syberia received here for free).

I think the result strongly depends on what kind of games are you interested. I've got a lot of crpgs (which are 10+ hours and often 20-50h to be completed) and I also like point&click (usually a few hours is enough in this case).

I can't imagine how it works for RTS fans. I think I've never finished any RTS :D
I have 2 more that I completed years ago and bought on GOG for the nostalgia, but haven't completed again with the GOG version. I have 32 games that were free, and I may or may not want to complete them. 16 of my games are demos. 21 of my games are tested and confirmed they won't run on the PC I'm using now (there are a lot more I haven't tested yet). If we consider all of those "complete", then my ratio is 76 games completed out of 227, or 33% completed. I guess that's not so bad.
You should definitely count as done those dropped games. Otherwise you'll never win your fight against backlog ;)

Ah, as for games of high hardware requirements - in my case they are just at the very end of my queue. And I know what you feel! Witcher 2 - we'll see someday, I'm sure!