It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lead your people to salvation and mess with animal DNA!

Are you dressed warmly? You better be, 'cause there's more THQ Nordic coming and this time they are also joined by Versus Evil. Come with us as we check the new games that complete the lineup of our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 9</span>:

Everybody knows that Silver is great for killing monsters and you'll be certainly doing plenty of that in this sprawling RPG. Add an intriguing story, fun characters, and plenty of rewarding exploration on top, and you've got the reasons why it's still remembered as a beloved cult classic.

Don't let the delightful visuals fool you: The Banner Saga delivers a hard-hitting Viking story wrapped inside some solid turn-based mechanics and a demanding management gameplay that will absorb you like no other.

That's not all, though! There's plenty more to love here, like: Painkiller: Black Edition, Impossible Creatures, The Guild, Skyshine's Bedlam and several other winners, up to -80%! Don't forget – there are just a few days left to grab what you want!

Did you miss Monday's launch of our Weekly Sale? Check it out - <span class="bold">it's full of vengeful Horsemen of the Apocalypse and corrupt police officers</span>.

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 9</span> will last until March 27, 5:00 PM GMT.
high rated
Woooop woooop, more games have arrived and weekend is coming! Enjoy! Greetings.
Nothing here for me, not at these discounts at least.
I see Toren on sale, and remember a few years since it was announced, liked the art style didn't bother to buy it.

Is it worth it? I see some reviews are saying it is short, like how short 1-2h or maybe 3-5h?
iRevolt: I see Toren on sale, and remember a few years since it was announced, liked the art style didn't bother to buy it.

Is it worth it? I see some reviews are saying it is short, like how short 1-2h or maybe 3-5h?
HLTB has it at 2 hours

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26239
high rated
Every time I see a great discount on a very good yet unknown game I must post this:

Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

The Nations Gold (a.k.a. Alien Nations 2)

First of all I have to admit that the Nations improved on almost everything over its predecessor. Alien Nations was a bland strategy game, heavily inspired by the Settlers series and with a few (almost) game breaking bugs. The Nations, however, is a very solid game with a few brilliant ideas, I'll try to mention the most important:

- Realistic development. Add a few dwellings and your unit limit will increase? Forget about it! You can build as many houses as you wish but that alone will get you absolutely nothing! The basic unit of your society is a family (duh!). After some time children will grow up, move out from their parents and look for a spouse to start a new family. And then you are supposed to provide them a nice place to live and a suitable job. They can live without them for a short time (unemployment is not as bad as being homeless) but will get unhappy if it takes long enough. In practice that means you have to develop your city all the time. You cannot say to yourself: my economy is fine, I don't need more workers because I don't want to feed them (yes, you have to provide food and water for every worker!). If you don't create new workplaces unemployed folks will become criminals and being a mayor of a SinCity is not an easy task ;)

- Technological advance has its drawback too! After fulfilling a few requirements you can advance to a new era which enables you to make better inventions. But be careful! The demands of your people will increase too. They may want some luxury items and/or more temples so make sure you can cope with it because otherwise... have I mentioned SinCity? I believe I have!

- Trade and diplomacy. Now, that's where the game really shines. Trading is a very important part of the game. I wasted a lot of time during a few first missions because I didn't realize how important it was to trade! First of all there is a merchant guild (run by the storks, no less). In most cases they are willing to trade everything but they tend to be greedy. You can, however, trade with your neighbours. They won't accept every offer but you will get a much better deal with them. And most important of all trading influences your relations so sometimes it's advisable to strike a deal even if you don't need their resources badly. Just to show them you are cooperative. You will have a lot of problems if you forget about that. It's also important to mention that each nation can produce only a few luxury goods and you'll need all of them so you are bound to trade!

- Military units. Build a barracks and spam your enemy with countless warriors? Well, forget about it too! You can only build limited amount of strongholds and all you can do is to hire a warlord to occupy them. But remember! You'll have to pay something in advance and a daily fee. Otherwise the warlord will leave you. Each warlord has a different demands and what's most important - he comes with a different army! So it's not advisable to hire a cheap warlord who has only one or two followers. He won't do much in battles and he will occupy one of your strongholds! Set a reasonable hiring standards! Oh, and by the way. Warlords are the only units you can directly control (their followers will... well, follow them ;). The idea of hiring your military units is really great but unfortunately battles are a bit messy and tedious - conquering a fortified city is not a pleasant task (and sometimes it's your mission objective!)

The game is really good and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

TL;DR buy The Nations Gold
Ori and the Blind Forest - missed that in announcement, nice promo.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by godunow
ThomNG: Woooop woooop, more games have arrived and weekend is coming! Enjoy! Greetings.
Thank you very much for these, already picked Titan Quest up on monday.
I do have a question tho. Long long ago i bought a physical copy of Spellforce 2: Faith in Destiny and turns out the steam key that came with it was a dud and activated the wrong game. So to keep this short...are you planning on releasing that here on GoG at some point? Id very much like to buy it (again). Thanks.
It´s a nice feeling to own everything I ever wanted from this promo :)
high rated
Hikage1983: are you planning on releasing that here on GoG at some point? Id very much like to buy it (again). Thanks.
There are plans, yes. Hope we can realize them.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by ThomNG
Hikage1983: are you planning on releasing that here on GoG at some point? Id very much like to buy it (again). Thanks.
ThomNG: There are plans, yes. Hope we can realize them.
Appreciated. Thank you.
Nexus is still without the latest patch. hint hint
Great promo, time to pick a few more games.
Ghorpm: Every time I see a great discount on a very good yet unknown game I must post this:

Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

The Nations Gold (a.k.a. Alien Nations 2)

First of all I have to admit that the Nations improved on almost everything over its predecessor. Alien Nations was a bland strategy game, heavily inspired by the Settlers series and with a few (almost) game breaking bugs. The Nations, however, is a very solid game with a few brilliant ideas, I'll try to mention the most important:

- Realistic development. Add a few dwellings and your unit limit will increase? Forget about it! You can build as many houses as you wish but that alone will get you absolutely nothing! The basic unit of your society is a family (duh!). After some time children will grow up, move out from their parents and look for a spouse to start a new family. And then you are supposed to provide them a nice place to live and a suitable job. They can live without them for a short time (unemployment is not as bad as being homeless) but will get unhappy if it takes long enough. In practice that means you have to develop your city all the time. You cannot say to yourself: my economy is fine, I don't need more workers because I don't want to feed them (yes, you have to provide food and water for every worker!). If you don't create new workplaces unemployed folks will become criminals and being a mayor of a SinCity is not an easy task ;)

- Technological advance has its drawback too! After fulfilling a few requirements you can advance to a new era which enables you to make better inventions. But be careful! The demands of your people will increase too. They may want some luxury items and/or more temples so make sure you can cope with it because otherwise... have I mentioned SinCity? I believe I have!

- Trade and diplomacy. Now, that's where the game really shines. Trading is a very important part of the game. I wasted a lot of time during a few first missions because I didn't realize how important it was to trade! First of all there is a merchant guild (run by the storks, no less). In most cases they are willing to trade everything but they tend to be greedy. You can, however, trade with your neighbours. They won't accept every offer but you will get a much better deal with them. And most important of all trading influences your relations so sometimes it's advisable to strike a deal even if you don't need their resources badly. Just to show them you are cooperative. You will have a lot of problems if you forget about that. It's also important to mention that each nation can produce only a few luxury goods and you'll need all of them so you are bound to trade!

- Military units. Build a barracks and spam your enemy with countless warriors? Well, forget about it too! You can only build limited amount of strongholds and all you can do is to hire a warlord to occupy them. But remember! You'll have to pay something in advance and a daily fee. Otherwise the warlord will leave you. Each warlord has a different demands and what's most important - he comes with a different army! So it's not advisable to hire a cheap warlord who has only one or two followers. He won't do much in battles and he will occupy one of your strongholds! Set a reasonable hiring standards! Oh, and by the way. Warlords are the only units you can directly control (their followers will... well, follow them ;). The idea of hiring your military units is really great but unfortunately battles are a bit messy and tedious - conquering a fortified city is not a pleasant task (and sometimes it's your mission objective!)

The game is really good and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

TL;DR buy The Nations Gold
I tried it a couple years ago, and while it seemed to be good as you say something in the game didn't "click" with me. I think I felt the pacing to be too slow at times... or maybe that was time I was supposed to be micromanaging a little further than I wanted to. Either way I wasn't enjoying it as much as I hoped so I shelved it back for a later date.
Also I think I advanced to a new technological era when I wasn't ready for the drawbacks you mentioned. I had to tend to lots of annoyances it caused and it turned into an extra slowdown. Then I decided to quit (or rather I felt like playing some other genre. As days passed I didn't see it worth continuing from where I stopped and other RTSs scratched its itch).

So yeah, the game is most likely good, but only fire it if you're in a thorough-micromanaging mood. I probably wanted something lighter, "age of empires" level, which is why I'll have to tackle it properly in the future.
I'm interested in picking up Tachyon, this game was recommended to me when I used to post on Bethesdas forums. I was hoping for a GOG alternative to replace my missing copy of Freelancer but from the looks of it, it seems fairly linear and focuses on combat instead of trading.

Can you still acquire different ships and customize load outs in Tachyon? Also does the game support joysticks? The game card doesn't say anything about them. I really didn't like using the mouse in Freelancer.