It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New games added!

Have you seen this week sale yet?

Today, we're adding a batch of Warhammer classics to the sale at 75% off, that means Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War, Final Liberation Warhammer Epic 40,000.

Plus, for a different flavor of strategy – the classics and the revival of the 4X legend: Master of Orion

So far, we've been enjoying the THQ Nordic catalog including Full Spectrum Warrior, Desperados, The Dwarves, The Book of Unwritten Tales, This is the Police, and many more.

Grab all this and more in our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 26</span>, Phase II

The weekly sale will last until August 14, 4PM UTC.
Bah. I wanted to grab the entire classic Warhammer series, but I see only 1 out of 4 games are compatible with Win 10.

The following question isn't me qqing; it's a legitimate search for an answer: What happened to GOG's original criteria about getting games to run on modern systems? It seems like this isn't really a thing anymore. More and more frequently, I'm passing up games I've had on my wishlist for a long time due to my OS.
SpiderFighter: Bah. I wanted to grab the entire classic Warhammer series, but I see only 1 out of 4 games are compatible with Win 10.

The following question isn't me qqing; it's a legitimate search for an answer: What happened to GOG's original criteria about getting games to run on modern systems? It seems like this isn't really a thing anymore. More and more frequently, I'm passing up games I've had on my wishlist for a long time due to my OS.
+1
Shame that most of the Warhammer games aren't compatibility with modern machines.

SpiderFighter: The following question isn't me qqing; it's a legitimate search for an answer: What happened to GOG's original criteria about getting games to run on modern systems? It seems like this isn't really a thing anymore. More and more frequently, I'm passing up games I've had on my wishlist for a long time due to my OS.
My guesses:
I think time constraints is part of it - because GOG now has so many games appearing but don't let devs or pubs self-publish here, GOG has much more to handle. Thus the appropriate people have less time to spend trying to create or find fixes for games (especially if they don't think an old game will sell all that well).

Sometimes it may be they spend time but simply can't find fixes, but are under legal obligation to release.

Maybe the new management doesn't want them to spend so much time trying to fix games, especially since GOG isn't "Good Old Games" anymore. (But I dunno about that, since "old games on new machines" is still what GOG is mostly known for.)

I had hoped dgVoodoo was going to be integrated and would help at least some of the bestselling classics here, but nothing yet on that front.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by tfishell
Redfoxe: Guess Shadow of the horned Rat and Chaos Gate isnt still Working?
SOTHR worked no problem for me on windows 7 64x as long as I didn't run it through Galaxy. Win 10 I'm really not sure though.
Yes, yes, but about the Delta Force question... if only one ever, which one? :D
Post edited August 12, 2017 by Robette
Random_Coffee: I've been interested in getting into the Warhammer-games.. Do they still hold up? Where would be the best place to start? I also see at least one of them having problems on Windows 10 (from the reviews). Was this ever fixed?
there are alot of shit ones but also a few brilliant ones, i recomend starting with dawn of war, and if u want to play the OG tabletop game you can use tabletop simulator.
And I hoped we finally had passed the stage with the confusing additions to the weekly sale...

When you already add a separate news post and a separate forum thread for the Friday sale is it really that hard to also put the games newly on sale into a separate promo page?
Which one is better ? The " Hidden & Dangerous" or the " Delta Force " series ?