It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of the best prices ever documented.

It's a special day over here at GOG HQ: we get to see our faces on YouTube! More specifically, inside the awesome Noclip documentary created by Danny O'Dwyer, an intriguing story about who we are, our efforts to preserve gaming's past and future, and our ongoing mission to make all gaming DRM-free.

So do yourselves a favor and go watch it, but not before you check out the special Weekly Sale we put together to celebrate its release!

It features dozens of timeless classics including games that we helped restore: S.W.A.T. 4, Jazz Jackrabbit, Escape from Monkey Island, Forgotten Realms: The Archives (featuring Goldbox classics like Eye of the Beholder), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Harvester, Outcast, Syndicate, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Theme Park and Theme Hospital, among others.

The Weekly Sale ends July 30, 10 PM UTC.
A very good documentary indeed. It's interesting to know these behind the scenes and see with your own eyes that there are people who are passionate about their work and who have had to work a lot to bring to light the forgotten games of the past.

Personally I hope that in the future we will really see the arrival of many old games for consoles, maybe going up to the PS2 era. There are a lot of games that otherwise would be lost because you cannot play them without owning the console.
GOG, this documentary is one of the best things that is linked to you lately. I enjoyed watching it very much, and from the comments I'm certainly not the only one.
You should think about advertise it better on the front page for more people to see. You know, soften some hearts, create new GOGlievers instead of GOGleavers and stuff like that.
Andrey82: But after watching this film one thing still makes me wonder even more than before: Ubisoft was one of the first big companies that supported GOG and they still haven't brought any of their old games here except very first ones. Still no Assassins' Creed games except first game, still no Far Cry 3 and later games in the series. Still no Ghost Recon except first one. Same with the Splinter Cell series. I wonder what made them to stop bringing their old games to GOG and, more importantly, when they bring their other older games to GOG?
armitom: Yeah, its weird, been waiting for Pandora Tomorrow,Chaos Theory&Double Agent to appear for years now, Ghost Recon 1 is missing its expansions and Rainbow Six Rogue Spear&Ravenshield are nowhere to be found either.

I can understand why modern uplay games wouldn't make it though (AC2,FC3 etc) its the uplay point system they have that could cause some issues with unlocks in-game, though a solution would be to have all of that unlocked from the get-go,

Send them an email once asking about bringing some legacy games on GOG, no reply :(
Yeah, I'd really like to know what's going on with more of the old Ubisoft titles...
huge list ... and huge mess. Not in alphabetical order, no option to sort, owned titles mixed in the middle of the list. Seriously, GOG seems to be taking more and more steps backwards when it comes to the website/interface. Long time ago I emptied my GOG wishlist completely (because of all the "we won't show you price in notification, you have to go to website to check" crap) and am using 3rd party website to track any discounts or price changes, now it seems it is time to stop using GOG news/promos too and switch to 3rd party tools completely because it isn't worth wading through all the nonsense.
timmy010: [...] did that for curse and did that for surgeon sim dlc. which has been pulled. no mention of what is happening with surgeon sim dlc or even a mention of getting a refund. just left in limbo
Surgeon Simulator was updated sometime last year to include the A&E expansion that was formerly sold separately; not sure if that's what you mean.
timmy010: [...] did that for curse and did that for surgeon sim dlc. which has been pulled. no mention of what is happening with surgeon sim dlc or even a mention of getting a refund. just left in limbo
HunchBluntley: Surgeon Simulator was updated sometime last year to include the A&E expansion that was formerly sold separately; not sure if that's what you mean.
yeah, paid for that. now free
HunchBluntley: Surgeon Simulator was updated sometime last year to include the A&E expansion that was formerly sold separately; not sure if that's what you mean.
timmy010: yeah, paid for that. now free
Yeah, and? I paid for Daggerfall and it's now free, too. :P
I mean, if you just bought the DLC, like, a couple days before it got bundled in with the base game, you might have some justification in asking for a refund. Otherwise, I'm not really sure I get where you're coming from.
HunchBluntley: Yeah, and? I paid for Daggerfall and it's now free, too. :P
I mean, if you just bought the DLC, like, a couple days before it got bundled in with the base game, you might have some justification in asking for a refund. Otherwise, I'm not really sure I get where you're coming from.
well the dlc was never on par with steam so i was waiting for that to happen. it's not the fact that it's pay to free, but more along the lines of missing content. also the dev has mentioned that they are interested in adding new content. so is that coming to gog, is that a new pay content, it's all this.
Post edited July 28, 2018 by timmy010
Sooo, this documentary means NOLF and Dune games are coming, right? :D And I mean sooooooooooon, not in a decade :P
Indeed, as already noted by some, it's a pity that UbiSoft, being the first major publisher here, has long been adding nothing significant here. And it's not even about uplay-exclusives, but about much older parts of the top series (which are in Steam).
Are the installer names of the Cannon Fodder games, which are listed on MaGog, still the current ones, i.e. do the Cannon Fodder games still have the older installers with complete files and correct timestamps?
Post edited July 30, 2018 by eiii