It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Look who's here!

UPDATE: So Adult Swim have decided to crash our party and you know what, we are totally ok with that! Especially since they're bringing notorious good-timers like Headlander, Kingsway, Battle Chef Brigade, and Westerado along. Oh, and Rain World. That one's also pretty cool, once you get to know it. Just don't let it near the buffet.

Sales, amirite? It's hard to tell when one ends and another begins, these days. It's like a constant parade of games, dancing along the beat with big, shiny signs around their necks advertising irresistible discounts. Sure, every now and then a new face joins in the fun. But how to spot them? Here, try using this Weekly Sale, containing several games which have not participated for awhile!

Part puzzle/adventure, part platformer, all hilariously warped pandemonium! Use your trippy mind-reading powers and swap thoughts around like stickers to escape your shady pursuers and find a way to Stick it to the Man!.

A bleak tale of survival against The Long Dark, where resources are scarce, nature is unforgiving, and the cold your only companion. Make the best of it until permadeath gets you.

Sentient. Corn. That not enough for you? Fine. How about the fact that there's a grumpy teddy bear, secret underground facilities, environmental puzzles, and quite possibly a Maize somewhere around here?

The Weekly sale ends April 02, 10 PM UTC.
Some interesting stuff in there, among them Rain World. Unfortunately it's one of those games that promised a Linux version and never delivered. Will not buy.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rain-world/project-rain-world
hollunder: Some interesting stuff in there, among them Rain World. Unfortunately it's one of those games that promised a Linux version and never delivered. Will not buy.
Admittedly the devs are a little incompetent, but they've made a really good game if you take the time to stomach it. Just my two cents on this issue
Post edited March 28, 2018 by Laumadite
Wow, 3 promo sales + 1 daily sale + Weekly sale... nice :)
Vadalma: Wow, 3 promo sales + 1 daily sale + Weekly sale... nice :)
Either somebody at GOG let them slip too early or GOG is in high gear ;).Cheers
Post edited March 28, 2018 by deja65
Rain World is the best one on the list. Brilliant and rarely goes on sale.

Laumadite: Admittedly the devs are a little incompetent, but they've made a really good game if you take the time to stomach it. Just my two cents on this issue
They don't strike me as incompetent, they fully managed to deliver on a hugely ambitious game after all, but it's a small team of two people, with one doing the programming, so progress is slow. Currently they're working on the next big update, which will have the co-op campaign.
Aww fuck. I have every Serious Sam game over on Steam except for Bogus Detour because GOG saw fit not to release the rest and the HD remakes and NOW I see Bogus Detour over here right when I'm all gamered out.
hollunder: Some interesting stuff in there, among them Rain World. Unfortunately it's one of those games that promised a Linux version and never delivered. Will not buy.
Laumadite: Admittedly the devs are a little incompetent, but they've made a really good game if you take the time to stomach it. Just my two cents on this issue
Well, they promised "Linux, Mac and more" in 2014 in large letters on their KS and steam greenlight page. That's not incompetence, that's a false promise. It's deceptive. It's a scam.
hollunder: Well, they promised "Linux, Mac and more" in 2014 in large letters on their KS and steam greenlight page. That's not incompetence, that's a false promise. It's deceptive. It's a scam.
Not only that, they've also refused to answer any question about the matter, or even acknowledge there is any problem.

After all this time, I'd almost be satisfied with a "we didn't know what we were getting into and we screwed up: we're sorry" apology, but they aren't even providing that. :(
Fortuk: They don't strike me as incompetent, they fully managed to deliver on a hugely ambitious game after all, but it's a small team of two people, with one doing the programming, so progress is slow. Currently they're working on the next big update, which will have the co-op campaign.
Yet another update? This is glorious, holy crap.
Laumadite: Yet another update? This is glorious, holy crap.
When the devs kept calling the last update an "expansion" (the one with updated wildlife roster and competitive multiplayer) I expected that meant it would be paid. Then when it was free I was super impressed, and I'm also looking forward to seeing how they implement co-op. I discovered later that co-op was promised in the kickstarter campaign (at least if I remember correctly) and so if they are only just implementing it now, maybe the promised linux etc versions may come to light later too.

Rain world was an impulse purchase that became the best thing I played last year, it's one of those super rare games that appealed to me on every level.
Has anyone tried that Subterrain game?
How are both Long Dark and Starcrawlers at this point in time? (YES i missed out when it was a freebie....)
guppy44: Wait, maybe I'm wrong? Two of the Adventure Time games are being removed from Steam on April 1. They're from Little Orbit but are based on a Comedy Central or Adult Swim cartoon I think? Sorry if I'm very wrong here, but I'll post links to the two games getting removed since they aren't available from GOG just in case any of you would like them. There's a 25% discount at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/369300/Adventure_Time_Finn_and_Jake_Investigations/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/298890/Adventure_Time_The_Secret_Of_The_Nameless_Kingdom/
The games might be based on a Cartoon Network property, but they are being published by Little Orbit, not Cartoon Network themselves. They will be removed because Little Orbit no longer has a license to use the Adventure Time property. This removal should have nothing to do with the Adult Swim/Cartoon Network catalog.
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried that Subterrain game?
Late reply, I know :)

It's rather good, actually. If you want a game where you're racing against the clock (the monsters evolve in terms of strength and, depending on environmental conditions, numbers) with levels that are slightly randomly generated but not completely like a proper roguelike/roguelite then it's the game for you :)
JudasIscariot: Late reply, I know :)

It's rather good, actually. If you want a game where you're racing against the clock (the monsters evolve in terms of strength and, depending on environmental conditions, numbers) with levels that are slightly randomly generated but not completely like a proper roguelike/roguelite then it's the game for you :)
Sounds interesting! Do you know if the game will go on sale in the future?