It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Look who's here!

UPDATE: So Adult Swim have decided to crash our party and you know what, we are totally ok with that! Especially since they're bringing notorious good-timers like Headlander, Kingsway, Battle Chef Brigade, and Westerado along. Oh, and Rain World. That one's also pretty cool, once you get to know it. Just don't let it near the buffet.

Sales, amirite? It's hard to tell when one ends and another begins, these days. It's like a constant parade of games, dancing along the beat with big, shiny signs around their necks advertising irresistible discounts. Sure, every now and then a new face joins in the fun. But how to spot them? Here, try using this Weekly Sale, containing several games which have not participated for awhile!

Part puzzle/adventure, part platformer, all hilariously warped pandemonium! Use your trippy mind-reading powers and swap thoughts around like stickers to escape your shady pursuers and find a way to Stick it to the Man!.

A bleak tale of survival against The Long Dark, where resources are scarce, nature is unforgiving, and the cold your only companion. Make the best of it until permadeath gets you.

Sentient. Corn. That not enough for you? Fine. How about the fact that there's a grumpy teddy bear, secret underground facilities, environmental puzzles, and quite possibly a Maize somewhere around here?

The Weekly sale ends April 02, 10 PM UTC.
dtgreene: This particular game was actually published by Mastiff (not XSEED), and the fix did take a long time to arrive; it only came this year.
Yup, I know, but the fix was thanks to Nihon Falcom. I only mentioned XSEED for the other Falcom releases on here.
NIS America doesn't deserve to publish Ys 8.
JavierMC: Another insulting discount on The Long Dark, after seeing it at 75% on other stores AND included in bundles.
Well dev, if you read this, you lost my money forever.
We're not pirates. Those already got the game. We're trying to pay for it and you keep treating us like second class customers. The DRM-free tax strikes again.
it's called a hit and run, and that's unsurprisingly what the creators of this game have done.
goglin: Nice selection GOG!

Picked up some rare classics like Catacombs Pack (1991), Tzar - The Burden of the Crown (2000) and Screamer 4x4 (2000) :)
Tzar was nice. The looks should hold, being a game from 2000 that relied on agreeable 2D graphics.

It managed to be its own thing. A RTS in the vein of Dune2/Warcraft but with its own flavor. Fun to play if you fancy RTS. As good as Warlords or better, IMHO.

A nice ocassion to get it on GOG.

Edit: link added.
Post edited March 27, 2018 by Carradice
X-com: I know it's not in GOG's interest to offer GOG Connect too often and on too many titles but damn I don't want to pay for the Long Dark again. I even wrote to Hinterland asking them if they could give me a GOG version and remove my Steam copy but no response, not even to tell me it's not possible to remove my steam version.

Even a decent discount for owners of the game elsewhere would be cool.
My solution: LAN multiplayer with a friend. Then I use both copies of whatever game I have. Still, I do try to avoid unnecessary duplication. Most of my duplicates are from buying a copy and getting it free somewhere too, so I didn't have to pay twice, and I can avoid your pain.
badon: I love the sales, keep them coming : ) I especially like all the games with very low system requirements. I will probably buy some new ones this week to test for my GOGmix:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
gamesfreak64: Same here, i bought many of the old low specs games when i joined so i have many games already.
90% of all latest games are waytoo high, and i don't want to play games on min. requirements cause thats too frustrating.

33% (maybe more) of all new games with high requirements don't even look like requirements should be so high, because of the simple look, and 75% or more of all new releases are simply not my kind of games.

Anyway, i love old games (not every old game: 3d/fpp/ shooting/racing are not the kinda of games i play or buy)especially point and click games and games like baldurs, fallout, commandos, (only classic , no remakes).
I have been thinking about this more since I bought the whole Close Combat series. They are all 2D, and insanely low system requirements, even if we don't consider their high level of sophistication in gameplay. Many of the "3D" games I have played lately were hogging resources, when it seemed so obvious the right way to optimize it would be to take their 3D running guy and pre-render animations from all the possible viewing angles to eliminate 99% of the system requirements.

I love a great game that plays well on anything. Even a lot of fully 3D games do a great job of supporting low-spec hardware. All the games that do a crappy job are just not as finely crafted, and that's the way I look at it from my point of view - an issue of craftsmanship.
Post edited March 27, 2018 by badon
JavierMC: Another insulting discount on The Long Dark, after seeing it at 75% on other stores AND included in bundles.
Well dev, if you read this, you lost my money forever.
We're not pirates. Those already got the game. We're trying to pay for it and you keep treating us like second class customers. The DRM-free tax strikes again.
I'm totally OK with a DRM-fee tax. I have had such bad experiences with DRM, GOG could easily exploit me more than they do. However, the fact is, GOG is often very close to competitor prices, and sometimes a bit cheaper too! All these good vibes from GOG are the reason I never hesitate to make a purchase. Well, I hesitate long enough to check historical pricing from isthereanydeal.com, but then AFTER THAT, I never hesitate :) It is rare for GOG prices to be substantially higher than competitors.

As long as that remains true, I won't care much about a small price difference, and I will continue sacrificing virgins to GOG, my lord and savior, hallowed be thy name. Amen. Achoo. Bless you. Gesundheit. I know you are but what am I. He who stands on toilet is high on pot. Holy cow Batman. Etc, etc, etc.
badon: My solution: LAN multiplayer with a friend. Then I use both copies of whatever game I have. Still, I do try to avoid unnecessary duplication. Most of my duplicates are from buying a copy and getting it free somewhere too, so I didn't have to pay twice, and I can avoid your pain.
Well on the upside the game is DRM free on steam so you can launch straight from the exe without launching steam. I'm just being greedy wanting all my games in one library when possible. BTW since I moved I have no friends that play vidyagamez here, it's so lonely and depressing so not much chance of LANing.
JavierMC: Thanks for the offer. Really. But at this point it's more about how they treat us, you know?. I wanted to have it drm free but these devs don't really like the idea.
muntdefems: Turns out the game is DRM-free once downloaded from Steam, in case that makes you reconsider.

If not, I'd gladly accept SpiderFighter's offer myself. ^_^
Link sent via GOG chat.
Has anyone tried that Kingsway game?
Just wanted to ask, but are any of these Adult Swim games joining as a last hurrah before leaving the Store? I know there are a couple of Adult Swim games on sale over at that other place as they're being removed on April 1, so I just wanted to check about these. Thanks!
guppy44: Just wanted to ask, but are any of these Adult Swim games joining as a last hurrah before leaving the Store? I know there are a couple of Adult Swim games on sale over at that other place as they're being removed on April 1, so I just wanted to check about these. Thanks!
Is this confirmed? (Steam removal on April 1st? That'st not an Adult Swim themed April Fool's Joke is it?).

If so, is Battle Chef one of those games? I've been interested in it and if there's a shot it's gone I'll grab it.
SpiderFighter: Link sent via GOG chat.
Thanks a lot! :D
guppy44: Just wanted to ask, but are any of these Adult Swim games joining as a last hurrah before leaving the Store? I know there are a couple of Adult Swim games on sale over at that other place as they're being removed on April 1, so I just wanted to check about these. Thanks!
Ixamyakxim: Is this confirmed? (Steam removal on April 1st? That'st not an Adult Swim themed April Fool's Joke is it?).

If so, is Battle Chef one of those games? I've been interested in it and if there's a shot it's gone I'll grab it.
Wait, maybe I'm wrong? Two of the Adventure Time games are being removed from Steam on April 1. They're from Little Orbit but are based on a Comedy Central or Adult Swim cartoon I think? Sorry if I'm very wrong here, but I'll post links to the two games getting removed since they aren't available from GOG just in case any of you would like them. There's a 25% discount at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/369300/Adventure_Time_Finn_and_Jake_Investigations/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/298890/Adventure_Time_The_Secret_Of_The_Nameless_Kingdom/
Wizardry 6+7 for me, thank you.
For that price I coudn't let the game keep hanging on my wishlist.
Attachments:
w6w7.png (87 Kb)
I see no love for Besiege here, so let's give it some; if it's because it's an InDev game then it's alright (can't say i'm a big fan too); otherwise, it's a game i'd recommend to anyone who enjoys sandbox games that revolve around building stuff using a pool of parts, and using that stuff (war machines in this case) to complete a series of objectives.

Even though it isn't finished yet and apparently it lacks a lot of content, i believe the current price at €6.99 is just right. Also, things are more or less slow moving when it comes to development (the dev seems to be more active in Steam than on GOG), but again, for the price i paid it's well worth it. As usual, your mileage may vary, so don't forget GOG's 14-day money-back guarantee. ;)

ps. For a more in-detail review of the game, check out my review (and the others as well) in the gamepage.
I recall Tzar coming during what was kind of a drought of classics, or at least highly-desired ones. 2013-2014, and then Disney came. :)