It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are no wrong choices here.

It's fine to take risks once in a while: a new relationship, a new job, a new game genre. With this Weekly sale, though, you can pretty much play it safe. Because no matter what type of games you like, how much time you have available or how daunting your backlog looks, there is something here that will fit nicely, going for up to -90%.

Acclaimed classics like the Gothic series, System Shock, Turok, or I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream are recognized staples of their respective genres. Look beyond them, however, and you'll discover less conventional greats like Octodad, Masquerada: Songs and Shadows, VA-11 HAll-A, Paradigm, and Invisible Inc. For long nights of fascinating malnourishment and nimble assassinations, pick up Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja then kick back and relax with the hectic tower defense of Kingdom Rush.

The Weekly sale ends February 13, 11 PM UTC.
ciemnogrodzianin: Anyone knows if Braid is worth trying?

The game's positive reviews and this part of description look interesting:

Braid is a 2-D platform game where you can never die and never lose. Despite this, Braid is challenging — but the challenge is about solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to replay tricky jumps.
ciemnogrodzianin: ...but the trailer is... well... not sure if I want it. Any opinions?
I really enjoyed Braid, it was fun and provided a decent challenge. I'd say it was worth a go. I particularly liked the soundtrack.
Still waiting for a decent discount for Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, why only the full package receives one?
PainOfSalvation: Wow, Dangerous Dave Pack got 70% off discount after 3 years! Better buy it now and don't wait for 3 more years. :p
Ha! You are a lucky guy, mine says it is only 68% off. Regional pricing ...

... the trailer is... well... not sure if I want it. Any opinions?
That's one of these questions, that are impossible to answer, really.

As BoBFiSh further down tells you - he enjoyed it.
Whereas I tell you - I think it's overhyped. I didn't enjoy it. Never played it past the first few screens.

Now, who do you want to believe? BobFiSh or me?
And why would you prefer the one opinion over the other?

The only answer (if there is an answer at all) is: it all depends on your own taste, your preferences, etc.

So, best advice: go and read as many reviews as possible, watch some YT vids, and then ask yourself: is this a game I could enjoy?

(since you seem to be sceptical of the trailer, I'd say, that alone should give you a strong indicator, if you're in favor of this kind of game, or not. (Hint: rather not.))
PainOfSalvation: Wow, Dangerous Dave Pack got 70% off discount after 3 years! Better buy it now and don't wait for 3 more years. :p
colorOP: Ha! You are a lucky guy, mine says it is only 68% off. Regional pricing ...
Still, despite the (incorrect) discount the price is the same - 1.59€. :p
Nice sale, good games.

Finally grabbed Convoy. Every time I watch Fury Road on TV I'm like "Man, I NEED to get Convoy" LOL. Now to figure out when to fire it up.

Expensive game day for me.
GOG.com: The Weekly sale ends February 13, 11 PM UTC.
This weekly sale runs until Tuesday evening, not until Monday as usual. Is that a mistake or did I miss anything?
For a cult classic as Shadow Man, the 85% off discount is nice.
I'd say yes (and the soundtrack is very good, though I think the music wasn't made specifically for the game), but check out gameplay on YouTube, if you haven't already.
Post edited February 12, 2018 by tfishell
BoBFiSh: Anyone knows if Braid is worth trying?
tfishell: I'd say yes (and the soundtrack is very good, though I think the music wasn't made specifically for the game), but check out gameplay on YouTube, if you haven't already.
Hi tfishell,

Not sure why but this seems to have tagged me as the target for the reply, when I think it was meant to be ciemnogrodzianin.

=)