It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get captivated by the games in which the designers’ finesse mixes with extreme playability. Today we proudly say: “Merci la France!” and dedicate our Weekly Sale on GOG.COM to great DRM-free titles created or published near the river Seine. Like good wine, they get even better with age - see for yourself!

A Plague Tale: Innocence (-66%) is a stealth game where you follow young Amicia and her little brother Hugo in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete (-75%) is the cult turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world of Erathia. Play alone or with friends and vanquish all off your opponents!

Of Orcs And Men (-85%) is an action roleplaying game where you lead the revolution of orcs and goblins! Fight your way through a hostile world to reach your objectives.

Check out other cool discounted titles! This Weekly Sale on GOG.COM will last until 20th July, 1 PM UTC. Be aware that the titles from Focus Home Interactive will leave this sale sooner, on 17th July, 1 PM UTC.

If you're in the mood for some old-school gaming, check out Flaose's stream of Twitch channel.
bobrong: Good point, but the argument is still somewhat valid since for many older games, the rights have been bought way after the initial release.
And don't get me started about the "near the river Seine" bit.
joppo: You do have a good point as well. But honestly if Gog were to take that into account they would have to allocate someone to devote tens of hours looking into this stuff. Better just to pretend those situations don't exist and push the promo.

As for "near the Seine", first one has to define "near". How far does one dev/publisher can be? In the end things get so confusing that I give up and consider "it's in the same country" an acceptable answer.
If Cayenne, Papeete or Saint-Denis - the Réunion main city, not the district - are near the Seine, what (on Earth) isn't?
Any comments on the Styx games? I just found out about them yesterday (talk about judging a book by its cover - all this time I thought they were RPGs based solely on their cover images).

I see people comparing them to the Thief series, which are played from a 1st person perspective. Are they similar to any other 3rd person perspective games?
As this year we miss Le Tour i forget the big day for the french.

What about Evil Twin, The Devil Inside on gog?
Post edited July 14, 2020 by argamasa
Ubisoft needs to quit foolin' and give us some more of their back catalog; it's not like they don't have a huge number of titles that could magically show up here as soon as their middle managers deign to do so. Not trying to be an asshole here*, just saying that I for one am willing to give them money for things made after the year 2008 but I can't really do that if there's nothing in the store, yeah? Maybe you guys can start with the H.A.W.X. games, they weren't fantastic and generally a little too arcadey for my tastes but I do seem to recall picking up a no-DRM version of HAWX 1 from Amazon back in the stone age so they must be somewhat receptive to the idea at least.

* I'm an engineer so I don't have to try, it comes naturally amirite ;)
Panaias: Any comments on the Styx games? I just found out about them yesterday (talk about judging a book by its cover - all this time I thought they were RPGs based solely on their cover images).

I see people comparing them to the Thief series, which are played from a 1st person perspective. Are they similar to any other 3rd person perspective games?
I played only in the first part, but the second is similar:
This is a classic third-person stealth. Very high quality. Perhaps not as masterpiece as Thief, but if you like the genre, it is definitely worthy of attention.
The plot is simple but pleasant (with a twist towards the end), the mechanics are nice, there is a small element of progression (gaining new abilities), there are interesting game mechanics that are rarely in the genre (limited “clones”, for example).
If you formulate the questions more clearly, maybe I can explain more.
Loger13: ...
This is a classic third-person stealth. Very high quality. Perhaps not as masterpiece as Thief, but if you like the genre, it is definitely worthy of attention.
The plot is simple but pleasant (with a twist towards the end), the mechanics are nice, there is a small element of progression (gaining new abilities), there are interesting game mechanics that are rarely in the genre (limited “clones”, for example).
You've been very helpful, even with minimum input :)

My favorite types of games are point 'n click adventures and metroidvanias, so I am definitely not that much in familiar territory (although I do enjoy other types of 3rd person games occasionally, such as Shadow of the Colossus or the modern Tomb Raiders).

I generally cannot play 1st-person action games because I get dizzy very easily, so that's why I asked for similar 3rd person games. (It's also the reason why I could not even play the Thief demo back in the day).
Great list of games GOG. Loving it so far. Please at least for next time, add XIII as well. It is made by a French developer that happens to not own that IP ;). I know that licencing agreements are messy. My two cents tho. Wish you all a nice evening. Cheers
Loger13: ...
Panaias: You've been very helpful, even with minimum input :)

My favorite types of games are point 'n click adventures and metroidvanias, so I am definitely not that much in familiar territory (although I do enjoy other types of 3rd person games occasionally, such as Shadow of the Colossus or the modern Tomb Raiders).

I generally cannot play 1st-person action games because I get dizzy very easily, so that's why I asked for similar 3rd person games. (It's also the reason why I could not even play the Thief demo back in the day).
Well, this is a classic stealth, with all the advantages of this genre and disadvantages (for those who do not like the genre). The genre itself is specific, so directly comparing it with other genres is difficult.
It seems to me that the genre is worth either trying it yourself, or watching a video with typical representatives.
As for the camera, as I said, the view is from the third person. Example: https://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/10/2014-09-30_00020-100477622-orig.jpg
Still waiting for Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon to appear here.
A Plague Tale and Greedfall are no longer on sale. It seems every time they go on sale, its pulled before the week is up. The other french titles are still on sale.