It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is definitely a good day for all RPG fans. Firstly, we welcome 7 dungeon crawlers on GOG.COM that will make many nostalgic memories come back to life. Secondly, during this Weekly Sale all those titles and many more RPGs are available with up to 86% discounts lasting until 2nd March 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Note: Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is available in GOG Connect. To get it, connect your Steam account and add the game to your DRM-free library.
I bought Mary Skelter and played it for a few hours so far. It's very good, much better than I had expected it would be. The voice-acting 10/10. The music is excellent too. The story & characters and aesthetics are all great.
To follow up, gog support got back to me. It looks a bit complicated, but the information has been pushed on to the relevant group. So hopefully they can come to an arrangement and we get all the expansions. Further information has been moved to a thread in the relevant game section:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_quest/how_to_get_all_thirdparty_expansions_for_the_quest_on_gog_instructions_inside/page1

I might try buying directly from the site.
nightcraw1er.488: To follow up, gog support got back to me. It looks a bit complicated, but the information has been pushed on to the relevant group. So hopefully they can come to an arrangement and we get all the expansions. Further information has been moved to a thread in the relevant game section:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_quest/how_to_get_all_thirdparty_expansions_for_the_quest_on_gog_instructions_inside/page1

I might try buying directly from the site.
I posted in that topic too but please let me know if you end up doing that. I'm interested in the expansions too but just got confused about whether all of them on that Zarista games site are compatible...my sense from reading that topic and other posts is that they are.
wolfsite: Conglomerate 451 looks interesting.......... my back catalog of games just flipped me off.
Mine filed for emancipation due to me not showing it enough attention. o.0
========================================================

MegisED: Speaking of dungeon crawlers...
I would love to see Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and the expansions pop up, here, some day.
I still have the discs for DS1/expansion(and possibly the jewel cases/etc for it as well somewhere), and the big book with all the CDs for DS2/expansion.....fun times. :)
Post edited February 28, 2020 by GameRager
nightcraw1er.488: Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that really isn’t good news though. This means GOG customers are again second class citizens in the PC market. As such I cannot ever buy this game, nor recommend anyone else does.
Working hard to uphold that forum title, ain't ya? :p ;)

nightcraw1er.488: Again, thank you for coming back to the community and clarifying this. I understand it’s a third party and out of your control, I was looking at it from the consumers point of view. Those links you have provided are very helpful, I will contact support for this. Am a bit concerned to buy something for that site which only shows palm computers. But yes, this is beyond your scope.

Edit: support ticket put into GOG, will update when I hear further.
And then you ruined it.....you were SO CLOSE to upholding that title, then you had to go and BE REASONABLE. ;D
Post edited February 28, 2020 by GameRager
UPDATE RE: THE QUEST EXPANSIONS (I also posted this in the topic on the game forum):

Bad news my friends,

I had e-mailed Zarista since it still wasn't clear to me if everything on that page was compatible with the PC version of GOG. I was specifically interested in Cursed Chess Set and had asked about that.

Here is the answer I received:
"Thank you for your question. We haven't ported Cursed Chess Set to HD yet. It's on the list but haven't gotten there yet. We do not plan on making our expansions available on GOG for this reason. It's DRM free. Digital Rights Management is meant to protect games from privacy. I fear that if we did make our expansions available for GOG, we would be more vulnerable to piracy.

Cursed Chess Set and the other Classic versions of our Quest expansions won't work with GOG. They don't use the new HD graphics so it won't work.

I'm sorry but we charge so little and piracy is a big problem. I hope you understand.

--Cat http://www.catacomber.com[/i]
"

[emphasis mine]

@RedShift
Thank you for all your comments but this is also way too confusing since it appears to me that we are being told conflicting things from you compared to Zarista. Or maybe not, but I simply can't process all this old version/new version/click to another site stuff. You people make it awfully difficult to spend money!

That said, now that Zarista's stance on DRM-free (i.e. refusing to support it) has been made clear, I am not purchasing any of them. As RedShift's comments seem to indicate some familiarity with Zarista, it would've been helpful to buyers here to know Zarista's stance BEFORE my post right now, but I digress.

But for those still interested, how hard is it to have a list HERE, on this site, maybe even on the gamepage, specifically saying what is and isn't compatible. Seriously, you people make it difficult to spend money.
rjbuffchix: UPDATE RE: THE QUEST EXPANSIONS (I also posted this in the topic on the game forum):

Bad news my friends,

I had e-mailed Zarista since it still wasn't clear to me if everything on that page was compatible with the PC version of GOG. I was specifically interested in Cursed Chess Set and had asked about that.

Here is the answer I received:
"Thank you for your question. We haven't ported Cursed Chess Set to HD yet. It's on the list but haven't gotten there yet. We do not plan on making our expansions available on GOG for this reason. It's DRM free. Digital Rights Management is meant to protect games from privacy. I fear that if we did make our expansions available for GOG, we would be more vulnerable to piracy.

Cursed Chess Set and the other Classic versions of our Quest expansions won't work with GOG. They don't use the new HD graphics so it won't work.

I'm sorry but we charge so little and piracy is a big problem. I hope you understand.

--Cat http://www.catacomber.com[/i]
"

[emphasis mine]

@RedShift
Thank you for all your comments but this is also way too confusing since it appears to me that we are being told conflicting things from you compared to Zarista. Or maybe not, but I simply can't process all this old version/new version/click to another site stuff. You people make it awfully difficult to spend money!

That said, now that Zarista's stance on DRM-free (i.e. refusing to support it) has been made clear, I am not purchasing any of them. As RedShift's comments seem to indicate some familiarity with Zarista, it would've been helpful to buyers here to know Zarista's stance BEFORE my post right now, but I digress.

But for those still interested, how hard is it to have a list HERE, on this site, maybe even on the gamepage, specifically saying what is and isn't compatible. Seriously, you people make it difficult to spend money.
Sorry, but that is nonsense. Take a look at the guy in this post:

He simply copied the files downloaded from steam workshop to his GOG install location and ran them just fine, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DRM in those files provided by Zarista. They obviously do not know what they are talking about.

Edit: Refund requested from GOG for this. Will avoid.
Post edited February 28, 2020 by nightcraw1er.488
rjbuffchix: "Digital Rights Management is meant to protect games from privacy."
That's quite a good typo. :P
Probably not yours, but from the original answer?
Post edited February 29, 2020 by eiii
rjbuffchix: "Digital Rights Management is meant to protect games from privacy."
eiii: That's quite a good typo. :P
Probably not yours, but from the original answer?
I thought so too haha. Freudian slip? But yes, part of the original answer; actually, what I posted is the answer copy-pasted in its entirety.
Anyone care to compare Star Crawlers to Deep Sky Derelicts (base game) in terms of gameplay?
TentacleMayor: Anyone care to compare Star Crawlers to Deep Sky Derelicts (base game) in terms of gameplay?
Have played Star Crawlers and would like to hear about Deep Sky Derelicts, here.

Star Crawlers seemed to be doing many things well. The relationships with the corporations were interesting and gave cyberpunkish vibes. However, there was a problem (dunno if it has improved since): in the end, combat was not that great... (YMMV). It felt like it might improve if the developer worked at it, though.
RedshiftGames:
Fair enough. Since Zarista is independent there is no direct control over them, but good to hear that it is still transferable by other means.

Since I've had The Quest on Steam for quite some time, I will just purchase the remaining Zarista expansions and port them over.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Sorry, but that is nonsense. Take a look at the guy in this post:

He simply copied the files downloaded from steam workshop to his GOG install location and ran them just fine, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DRM in those files provided by Zarista. They obviously do not know what they are talking about.

Edit: Refund requested from GOG for this. Will avoid.
They don't know what they're talking about, no. I tried explaining, but I think I might've scared them even more, because now they think GOG games end up in pirate sites half an hour after they're released, when I only told them that the overwhelmingly vast majority of pirated games come form Steam, and it's very easy to see this.

Anyway, I don't hold it against them, and I edited out my posts on that thread, because I don't want to mislead anyone.

Let me just say, though, that there is no reason to avoid the game. You get EVERYTHING from Redshift's side. They even give away the soundtrack for free here, while it costs $1.99 on STeam.

Dude, they even PATCHED the game for GOG users. For once, the GOG version is AHEAD of the Steam version. What more do you want?