It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is definitely a good day for all RPG fans. Firstly, we welcome 7 dungeon crawlers on GOG.COM that will make many nostalgic memories come back to life. Secondly, during this Weekly Sale all those titles and many more RPGs are available with up to 86% discounts lasting until 2nd March 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Note: Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is available in GOG Connect. To get it, connect your Steam account and add the game to your DRM-free library.
nightcraw1er.488: Mmm, will you be doing connect from iOS? Just thought I would ask what with all the daft requests recently.

Also, what about the rest of the expansions for The Quest? There is 5 or 6 of them (basilisks eye, celtic rift etc.). Edit: actually 12 expansions! And will we be getting steam workshop access to any additional content.

Why is legend of amberland so expensive?
RedshiftGames: "Islands of Ice and Fire" is our own expansion. All others are by third parties (basically by Zarista Games).

On mobile it's a historical accident that we release them. There was no other way to do it back then and we'll continue supporting it.

On PC/Mac the Steam Workshop offered the possibility to let them release their expansions by themselves. GOG doesn't have a feature similar to the Workshop so there will be no more expansions coming to GOG.

However, the GOG version can work with any PC expansion, including the Workshop ones. Please see here.
Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that really isn’t good news though. This means GOG customers are again second class citizens in the PC market. As such I cannot ever buy this game, nor recommend anyone else does. I do understand the difficulties in these being third party and having to integrate, however if what you say is correct, then those expansions should be available without any need for steam workshop, if they are just files.
Hm, how can one use Steam Workshop mods, without owning the game on Steam? As far as I know, it is impossible!
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that really isn’t good news though. This means GOG customers are again second class citizens in the PC market. As such I cannot ever buy this game, nor recommend anyone else does. I do understand the difficulties in these being third party and having to integrate, however if what you say is correct, then those expansions should be available without any need for steam workshop, if they are just files.
GOG has all the features Steam offers (the game, our expansion, achievements and the soundtrack (which is even free on GOG :)). GOG doesn't offer Workshop functionality so we cannot do anything about that.

However, as said, all third party expansions can be put into a particular folder and they'll work. Because they are third party expansions (like mods for other games), you are better off talking to the people who created them. They can offer them in whatever way they desire for whatever price. Zarista is here: Zarista Games and Catacomber (main developer of Zarista) has her own website: Catacomber.
RedshiftGames: However, as said, all third party expansions can be put into a particular folder and they'll work. Because they are third party expansions (like mods for other games), you are better off talking to the people who created them. They can offer them in whatever way they desire for whatever price. Zarista is here: Zarista Games and Catacomber (main developer of Zarista) has her own website: Catacomber.
Ah thanks for the info.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, how can one use Steam Workshop mods, without owning the game on Steam? As far as I know, it is impossible!
As far as I know, you can't buy Workshop items without owning the main game, yes.

However, third party expansions are like mods for other games, you are better off talking to the people who created them. They can offer them in whatever way they desire for whatever price, there is no strict need to go to Steam for them.

Zarista is here: Zarista Games and Catacomber (main developer of Zarista) has her own website: Catacomber.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, how can one use Steam Workshop mods, without owning the game on Steam? As far as I know, it is impossible!
RedshiftGames: As far as I know, you can't buy Workshop items without owning the main game, yes.

However, third party expansions are like mods for other games, you are better off talking to the people who created them. They can offer them in whatever way they desire for whatever price, there is no strict need to go to Steam for them.

Zarista is here: Zarista Games and Catacomber (main developer of Zarista) has her own website: Catacomber.
Uhm, now I`m a bit confused:
Zarista Games? Aren`t you RedshiftGames?
But the site looks interesting. So I can install those expansions into my GoG version of The Quest?
Oh, and how do I pay? Please, tell me that I can buy them with Paysafecard.
high rated
RedshiftGames: As far as I know, you can't buy Workshop items without owning the main game, yes.

Maxvorstadt: Uhm, now I`m a bit confused:
But the site looks interesting. So I can install those expansions into my GoG version of The Quest?
That's the confusion we are trying to eliminate in the future. :D

We are Redshift Games, yes. We created and sell "The Quest" and an expansion "Islands of Ice and Fire".

All other expansions are by third parties (mostly by Zarista Games). We haven't created them and we would like to minimize our involvement (it takes a lot of time). Because of historical reasons when the game first appeared on the iPhone, the only way to release expansions was by us. (We'll continue with the arrangement on Mobile.)

When we released The Quest on Steam, we could let third parties create and release expansions on their own, through the Steam Workshop. (Paid expansions are being compensated through Steam, we are not involved, apart from accepting the expansion for release.)

There is no Workshop like feature on GOG. However the GOG version of the game will recognize any PC expansion put into the proper folder ("Documents\The Quest\expansions"). Similarly how mods work for other PC games.

Because Zarista is selling these expansions, you'll have to talk to them if you want to acquire them. It's up to them on how they'd like to do that.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by RedshiftGames
Maxvorstadt: Uhm, now I`m a bit confused:
RedshiftGames: That's the confusion we are trying to eliminate in the future. :D

We are Redshift Games, yes. We created and sell "The Quest" and an expansion "Islands of Ice and Fire".

All other expansions are by third parties (mostly by Zarista Games). We haven't created them and we would like to minimize our involvement (it takes a lot of time). Because of historical reasons when the game first appeared on the iPhone, the only way to release expansions was by us. (We'll continue with the arrangement on Mobile.)

When we released The Quest on Steam, we could let third parties create and release expansions on their own, through the Steam Workshop. (Paid expansions are being compensated through Steam, we are not involved, apart from accepting the expansion for release.)

There is no Workshop like feature on GOG. However the GOG version of the game will recognize any PC expansion put into the proper folder ("Documents\The Quest\expansions"). Similarly how mods work for other PC games.

Because Zarista is selling these expansions, you'll have to talk to them if you want to acquire them. It's up to them on how they'd like to do that.
Thanks for that big info text, really interesting. Seems, as if they only accept Paypal, so no expansions for me.
I hope that you`ll acquire (written wrong?) the rights for those expansions soon and bring them to GoG. Or convince them to bring them to GoG, what ever works. :-)
nightcraw1er.488: Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that really isn’t good news though. This means GOG customers are again second class citizens in the PC market. As such I cannot ever buy this game, nor recommend anyone else does. I do understand the difficulties in these being third party and having to integrate, however if what you say is correct, then those expansions should be available without any need for steam workshop, if they are just files.
RedshiftGames: GOG has all the features Steam offers (the game, our expansion, achievements and the soundtrack (which is even free on GOG :)). GOG doesn't offer Workshop functionality so we cannot do anything about that.

However, as said, all third party expansions can be put into a particular folder and they'll work. Because they are third party expansions (like mods for other games), you are better off talking to the people who created them. They can offer them in whatever way they desire for whatever price. Zarista is here: Zarista Games and Catacomber (main developer of Zarista) has her own website: Catacomber.
Again, thank you for coming back to the community and clarifying this. I understand it’s a third party and out of your control, I was looking at it from the consumers point of view. Those links you have provided are very helpful, I will contact support for this. Am a bit concerned to buy something for that site which only shows palm computers. But yes, this is beyond your scope.

Edit: support ticket put into GOG, will update when I hear further.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by nightcraw1er.488
Cheesewheeljones: I've been waiting a long long time for Exanima to go on sale...today was a good day.
Leroux: Just out of principle/curiosity, or? €/$2 doesn't really seem worth such a long wait ... XD

Btw, is there a steady progress in the game development or has it stalled? I'm somewhat interested in the game but 5 years "in development" (aka Early Access) doesn't sound that encouraging.
Yes, the devs work on the game 6-7 days a week and a new update is imminent. The game is going to be hugely complex so it's taking a long time. If you need more reassurance, join the Bare Mettle discord.
high rated
Guild of Dungeoneering (+DLC's Deluxe editions); Wizardry 6+7; and Wizardry 8 were silently added to the sale. None matching nor beating historical bests.
Piranka: The GOGcom Stream Team also particpates in the Dungeon Crawler Event by playing lots of Dungeon Crawlers (and Dungeon Crawler-ish) games this week - some on sale, some not!

[...] Barony, [...]
Looking forward to watching (the VOD of) you guys doing this one again. :D

I do have one tip (which I would've sent in chat here, but your privacy settings prevent it, and I don't have a Twitch account): you should let your "party members" (i.e., 8-Bit & Darksaber) know that, in the game settings, 1): you can exclude items (by category) from automatically being added to your hotbar when you pick them up; this is vital to prevent you from having to constantly clean out all the armor, spellbooks, tinned food, unidentified weapons, etc., that otherwise clutter it up and render it nearly useless; and 2): you can set up the inventory autosort order (oh yeah, did you know there's an autosort function? ;P ) to sort items, again by category, to one end of your inventory or the other, in whatever (general) order you like -- it's not perfect, but it helps with inventory management somewhat. I know you're not exactly trying to be pros at the game, but taking a minute or two to set these up some time prior to the stream should save you a bit of boring (for you and the viewers) and dangerous inventory management during the session.

Apologies if this was already known to some of you (though I'm pretty sure Darksaber is unaware, since he's the one who's streamed your multiplayer sessions to Twitch the last several occasions, thus is the one whose screen I've been seeing ;) ).
Piranka: The GOGcom Stream Team also particpates in the Dungeon Crawler Event by playing lots of Dungeon Crawlers (and Dungeon Crawler-ish) games this week - some on sale, some not!

[...] Barony, [...]
HunchBluntley: Looking forward to watching (the VOD of) you guys doing this one again. :D

I do have one tip (which I would've sent in chat here, but your privacy settings prevent it, and I don't have a Twitch account): you should let your "party members" (i.e., 8-Bit & Darksaber) know that, in the game settings, 1): you can exclude items (by category) from automatically being added to your hotbar when you pick them up; this is vital to prevent you from having to constantly clean out all the armor, spellbooks, tinned food, unidentified weapons, etc., that otherwise clutter it up and render it nearly useless; and 2): you can set up the inventory autosort order (oh yeah, did you know there's an autosort function? ;P ) to sort items, again by category, to one end of your inventory or the other, in whatever (general) order you like -- it's not perfect, but it helps with inventory management somewhat. I know you're not exactly trying to be pros at the game, but taking a minute or two to set these up some time prior to the stream should save you a bit of boring (for you and the viewers) and dangerous inventory management during the session.

Apologies if this was already known to some of you (though I'm pretty sure Darksaber is unaware, since he's the one who's streamed your multiplayer sessions to Twitch the last several occasions, thus is the one whose screen I've been seeing ;) ).
Thank you for the advice!
I'll look into it! It really must have been that I have overlooked this in the options so far because other stuff like auto-appraise we did set up by now. :D
nvm, already stated in this thread
Post edited February 26, 2020 by Crosmando
high rated
Vaporum (50% off) - Matches GoG Best
has been silently added to this sale...