It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for pure fun and action in this week's arcade games sale, with discounts up to -90%.

Heavily story-driven and complex gameplay games are great, but from time to time we all need a break – and play some games for pure fun, action, and adrenaline rush. We got you covered with the selection of awesome arcade games.

Looking for some fighting and beat'em up titles? How about revising the classic trilogy of Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 (-74%) and checking if you still have the skills to perform Fatalities. Check out River City Ransom: Underground (-75%) the new chapter in one of the best beat'em ups from NES era, where our old buddies Alex and Ryan must take to the streets again.

Feeling the need for limitless speed? Games like Slipstream (-50%), Slipstream 5000 (-70%), Trailblazers (-25%), Race the Sun (-80%) you'll feel the wind in your hair while blasting through narrow tracks and sliding corners.

Finally, there's plenty of shooters of all types – Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 (each -75%) where "war has never been so much fun", Alien Breed + Tower Assault (-80%) the classic alien-slaughtering action with an impressive arsenal of weapons and level design, or Raiden V: Director’s Cut (-60%) the top-down arcade hit in its most modern and advanced form yet.

There's much more in our weekly sale of arcade games which lasts until September 9th, 1 PM UTC.
GOG.com: Weekly Sale: Mortal Kombat 1+2+3, River City Ransom: Underground, Cannon Fodder and other arcade games up to -90%
The only one I'm slightly interested in (of the games, I don't own already), would be Slipstream.
Hm, a Mortal Kombat sale without Mortal Kombat. Interesting.
Post edited September 02, 2019 by Maxvorstadt
low rated
Maxvorstadt: Hm, a Mortal Kombat sale without Mortal Kombat. Interesting.
you don't want these versions

#1 requires Joy2Key and #3 is so broken you can't even get past the selection screen.
tinyE: you don't want these versions

#1 requires Joy2Key and #3 is so broken you can't even get past the selection screen.
Yikes!
BreOl72: The only one I'm slightly interested in (of the games, I don't own already), would be Slipstream.
At least you are interested in something from this weekly offer .
low rated

Maxvorstadt: Yikes!
It's not so bad, 2 works fine. XD
Problem is I always thought 2 was too damn hard.

And TBH, I'm downloading Joy2Key right now because all of a sudden I want to play #1, though 9 and 10 have all the original outfits
I would love to get mk 1-3 but I have a question first.
Do these games have exact sound, music, graphics and feel as in the arcades?

Ehm, the only subpar port is MK2. You just need to lower the cycles for the selection in MK3. PC versions of MK1 and 3 are the closest the home systems got to arcade versions. Technically Arcade Kollection would have been better if 1) it was actually patched and 2) was still available to buy on PC.

Paradoks: lower the cycles for the selection in MK3. PC versions of MK1 and 3 a
can you tell me how to do that?
novumZ: I would love to get mk 1-3 but I have a question first.
Depends on the game. As I said in the earlier post, it's the closest the ports from that era got to arcade, but it's not exactly there. All have slightly lower resolution. Gameplay wise MK1 and MK3 are extremely close to the original. MK1 may have some input delay if you play as player 2. MK3 may require some DOSBox tweaking (the aforementioned selection screen requires lower cycles than the game itself). MK2 however only has MIDI music, has smaller sprites and is locked at 30 frames per second.
low rated

Oh ok thanks. I thought they were fixed and run like in the arcade.
novumZ: I would love to get mk 1-3 but I have a question first.
Paradoks: Depends on the game. As I said in the earlier post, it's the closest the ports from that era got to arcade, but it's not exactly there. All have slightly lower resolution. Gameplay wise MK1 and MK3 are extremely close to the original. MK1 may have some input delay if you play as player 2. MK3 may require some DOSBox tweaking (the aforementioned selection screen requires lower cycles than the game itself). MK2 however only has MIDI music, has smaller sprites and is locked at 30 frames per second.
Thank you. Would be nice to have arcade perfect versions on GOG.
Post edited September 02, 2019 by novumZ
tinyE: can you tell me how to do that?
Sure, look here. On my old PC changing the renderer to OpenGL and applying vsync was enough to get the performance just right, but it really needs to be tweaked on every system individually.
tinyE: can you tell me how to do that?
Paradoks: Sure, look here. On my old PC changing the renderer to OpenGL and applying vsync was enough to get the performance just right, but it really needs to be tweaked on every system individually.
novumZ: Thank you. Would be nice to have arcade perfect versions on GOG.
The problem is, there are no arcade perfect versions. The Midway Arcade Collection (which I did not play personally) was the best one from what I've heard but it still had some shadows missing and was running faster than the original arcades (60 fps instead of 50). MK Arcade Kollection in theory was closer and had Ultimate MK3 instead of the standard version, but had some annoying bugs that were never fixed (and PC version got some bonus bugs on top of that).