It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Princes, Settlers, Raymen, and A LOT of bullets.

Look at all these classics! It's like a museum of modern art in here. French-made art, for the most part. Ubisoft's catalog is up to 75% off in our special Ubisoft Weekend Sale and you may want to grab yourself a guide before you go looking for the right game.

There is a strategy wing, with Heroes of Might and Magic, Anno, Settlers, Warlords Battlecry, and Panzer General dominating the place. Cross to the opposite room and you'll find yourself surrounded by action hero legends Prince of Persia, Altair, and Sam Fisher, the manic Rabbids, and an unforgettable adventure Beyond Good & Evil, among others. Oh and make sure you don't miss the RPG corner where legends like Might and Magic, Anvil of Dawn, and Albion are displayed, or the aisle with Rayman mementos on either side - both in charming 3D and in stunning 2D cartoon form.

Those looking exclusively for adrenaline-induced thrills should try our shooter range which sports the likes of STRAFE, Nex Machina, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Devil Daggers, F.E.A.R., Cryptark, and ECHO, among others.

The Ubisoft Weekend Sale ends August 6th, 10am UTC.

The Shooter Sale last until August 6th, 10pm UTC.
Mr.Mumbles: It actually is one of the top bestsellers year-round, sale or not. Talk about an evergreen title. Suck it, HoMM 3 HD Edition. =P
Sure. But, you know, it can only be explained by quickly growing user base, because once you've got it you're not buying it again and again. That's the most interesting part, I think.
Just FYI, it's been about 2-2.5 years since the last Ubi release.
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried that Subterrain game? What engine does it use?
The files and folders in the pictures posted before are typical for Unity games. And usually, you can find on pcgamingwiki what engine a game uses.
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info! Also, do you know if it uses XNA or Visual Studio runtimes?
its a unity title. You can find it if you will come to game's steamcommunity and paste "unity" in forum's search field - there are words about switch from unity 4 to unity 5 in patchnotes
nightcraw1er.488: I wouldn't expect to see any furthe ubisoft games here, they have their own store and only dump the worst of the series here. Far cry 3 is a pretty good game. Far better than far cry 2 (far cry is different to far cry 2 upwards).
To be honest, Far Cry 2 has some some techniques, there weren't used since then.
And in some aspects, it sure looks and feels impressive (superior in many ways!), even 10 years later.

Look at the fire and some other details, gameplay elements:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8
nightcraw1er.488: I wouldn't expect to see any furthe ubisoft games here, they have their own store and only dump the worst of the series here. Far cry 3 is a pretty good game. Far better than far cry 2 (far cry is different to far cry 2 upwards).
vadalma2018: To be honest, Far Cry 2 has some some techniques, there weren't used since then.
And in some aspects, it sure looks and feels impressive (superior in many ways!), even 10 years later.

Look at the fire and some other details, gameplay elements:
Oh, I don't doubt that there was some good bits. It it was badly marred by certain design decisions, such as endlessly driving from one side to the other, spawning troops every five seconds, an annoying plot mechanism of malaria etc. I would love a mod for the game which fixes a lot of that and made it playable. As it stands it's the worst of the series. Far cry was an excellent t old school shooter but a far cry (see what I did there) from the others. So in terms of modern ones top to bottom:
Primal (great atmosphere)
Farcry3 good atmosphere, story
Farcry4 nice visuals, ok story, marred by collectibles
Farcry5 good visuals, poor story, a bit meh overall
Farcry2 good visuals, marred by the rest

Same with AC, it's the worst in the series (that I played). 2, syndicate, origins all better.
Where are the rest of the Splinter Cell games ubi? Bring them here now!
Why doesn't GOG have every Ubisoft game on it? It seems very strange to me that they have an "Ubisoft Sale" yet most Ubisoft games are missing from GOG.
Post edited August 04, 2018 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
tfishell: Just FYI, it's been about 2-2.5 years since the last Ubi release.
Is this only a GOG thing, or is it the same with other platforms (such as Steam)? In other words: is this related to distrust towards DMR-free releases, or to the willingness to promote Uplay with exclusive releases? If it's the former, it would take some pedagogy / successful cases to warm Ubisoft's heart regarding DRM (especially for not so recent games). If it's the latter, it's a lot harder to solve.
tfishell: Just FYI, it's been about 2-2.5 years since the last Ubi release.
Caesar.: Is this only a GOG thing, or is it the same with other platforms (such as Steam)? In other words: is this related to distrust towards DMR-free releases, or to the willingness to promote Uplay with exclusive releases? If it's the former, it would take some pedagogy / successful cases to warm Ubisoft's heart regarding DRM (especially for not so recent games). If it's the latter, it's a lot harder to solve.
Ubisoft have their own store, so only need to support that and steam as that is the biggest store.
nightcraw1er.488: Ubisoft have their own store, so only need to support that and steam as that is the biggest store.
Then again, getting your four, five, six, seven, eight or nine year old games promoted the shit out of on GOG's main page for being sold "first time on GOG", that can give you a good bit extra in the corporate wallet.
Always good and very good bargains but we need more Ubi Soft titles. For example from the Driver or Assassin's Creed series.
Or some not so famous but enough old to be sold again with Win 7 or 10 compatibility such as F1 Racing Simulation or Hype : The Time Quest.
Post edited August 04, 2018 by Yanx
nightcraw1er.488: Ubisoft have their own store, so only need to support that and steam as that is the biggest store.
Vainamoinen: Then again, getting your four, five, six, seven, eight or nine year old games promoted the shit out of on GOG's main page for being sold "first time on GOG", that can give you a good bit extra in the corporate wallet.
Depends, they are still for sale elsewhere so getting the revenue in from them, and there is the costs of getting a new build without the Ubisoft drm and other parts removed. Then the steam fanboy clientele here would then complain the galaxy, multiplayer and achievements don't work, so that would need to be implemented, more cost. All avoided by not doing it. Hence why I doubt you will see any more titles here. Probably why gog have changed to other types of "games" and VN's.
vadalma2018: Look at the fire and some other details, gameplay elements:
Thanks for the video! That's impressive. I wasn't aware so many things were dumbed-down since FC2. Now I have even more respect for it. :)
vadalma2018: Look at the fire and some other details, gameplay elements:
ariaspi: Thanks for the video! That's impressive. I wasn't aware so many things were dumbed-down since FC2. Now I have even more respect for it. :)
Your welcome :)

nightcraw1er.488: Oh, I don't doubt that there was some good bits. It it was badly marred by certain design decisions, such as endlessly driving from one side to the other, spawning troops every five seconds, an annoying plot mechanism of malaria etc. I would love a mod for the game which fixes a lot of that and made it playable. As it stands it's the worst of the series. Far cry was an excellent t old school shooter but a far cry (see what I did there) from the others. So in terms of modern ones top to bottom:
Primal (great atmosphere)
Farcry3 good atmosphere, story
Farcry4 nice visuals, ok story, marred by collectibles
Farcry5 good visuals, poor story, a bit meh overall
Farcry2 good visuals, marred by the rest

Same with AC, it's the worst in the series (that I played). 2, syndicate, origins all better.
Yes, I agree.

The first Far Cry (rightfully not on your list) is the black sheep of the series. An action game with sci-fi things thrown in, however fun anyway, at least until you meet these mutants. From there on it goes downhill, at least for me).

Yes, it is also true, that Far Cry 2 has some negative aspects in terms of design, but fortunately, there are some great mods out there, that can radically patch/correct the gameplay etc. Like removing the problem with malaria.