It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes it’s good to see more from up ahead, especially in RPGs and tactical strategies. That’s why the latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games with the isometric viewpoint with up to 90% discounts. Here are some of them:

Bastion (-80%) is an action role-playing game with a reactive narrator who marks your every move. Explore over 40 hand-painted environments and listen to a mind-blowing score.

Disco Elysium (-20%) is an award-winning open-world RPG. As a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal, you must carve your path across the dystopian city of Revachol.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms (-65%) is an action RPG in which you become a demon that can devour the souls of the dead - and embody them as Puppets.

This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM ends on 9th March 2020, 2 PM UTC.
KasperHviid: Jupiter Hell could easily have true perspective, but I don't think it would feel right.
Shadowcat: Jupiter Hell is definitely using a 3D engine with perspective. You can easily see it in this screenshot -- compare the would-be-parallel vertical lines on the far left and far right of the image.
Thanks, I usually am quite keen at noticing perspective games, but this one somehow slipped my mind.
Is there a reason why the Steam version of Atom RPG is 40% off, while the GOG version is only 20% off?

I mean...a 20% extra-tax for DRM-freeness is a little high, no?
Attachments:
About Shadowrun HK:
on Steam there's a review from december 2019 pointing out that the game has still an important bug since 2015 that random deletes your companions' items O_o
Post edited March 08, 2020 by phaolo

That’s why the latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games with the isometric viewpoint with up to 90% discounts:
Balrum ?
phaolo: About Shadowrun HK:
on Steam there's a review from december 2019 pointing out that the game has still an important bug since 2015 that random deletes your companions' items O_o
If it did happen to that reviewer, then it's probably a very rare anomaly. I bought that game on GOG a long time ago and I spent 60 hours on it. I did all the side quests and the second campaign after the main one, and I never experienced any bugs and none of my companions items were ever deleted.

So I wouldn't worry about that stuff if I were you.
_ChaosFox_: There's obviously a problem with using the term "isometric" with games that use properly perspectivised 3D, but at the same time, some of these games are obviously related to games that are most closely associated with genres using isometric viewpoints in the past. Lumo is the most obvious problem candidate here as a game that is a deliberate throwback to the traditional isometric adventures of the 1980s on the ZX Spectrum (Head over Heels, Batman, Alien 8, etc.) but uses perspective-correct 3D instead, despite relying on a more-or-less fixed top-front viewpoint.
I think that's well said, but...
_ChaosFox_: So, if a game uses perspectivised 3D but still maintains a fixed, non-rotatable viewpoint that is clearly designed to invoke the isometric viewpoints of related games from the past, it's fair to say that these are still isometric in style.
I have to disagree here. No matter how much some of us might associate particular styles of game with isometric rendering, the fact is that rendering techniques are utterly independent of gameplay. There is a broad range of game styles represented in titles which use isometric graphics, and it makes no more sense to infer some kind of standard 'isometric' gameplay than it would to talk about side-scrolling gameplay, or first-person gameplay, or top-down gameplay; because as much as certain styles of game might spring to mind when you think of any particular form of rendering, you can then pick out a variety of very different games using exactly the same form of rendering, and they are 100% as valid as the ones you first thought of.

Q*bert, Alien 8, Crusader: No Remorse, Little Big Adventure, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Jagged Alliance 2, Avadon... these are all radically different styles of game.

Ultimately there is no such thing as an isometric gameplay style, and so that term shouldn't ever be employed to suggest such a thing. So as much as Lumo might be intended as a deliberate throwback to the likes of Head Over Heels, the word isometric is a completely nonsensical way in which to try to express that.
Post edited March 09, 2020 by Shadowcat