It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

90% off bundle deal: Hotline Miami, Shadow Warrior, Serious Sam, Motivational Growth, Burning Man and more!

It wasn't so long ago that we introduced movies to our DRM-free catalog. They've kept to themselves, mostly, off in their own little corner of GOG.com. This weekend, with a little help from our friends at Devolver Digital, we're bringing games and movies together for one enormous integration in the Devolver Game & Watch Bundle: 10 movies, 5 games, and one melting pot of entertainment at a 90% discount if you grab it all at once (or complete your collection). You can also buy individual titles at 50% off, including:

Shadow Warrior Classic Complete and Shadow Warrior (2013) are the bloody 1997 cult classic and its modern reimagining. It's a melee-heavy FPS series which started out in the Duke Nukem era of no-holds-barred humor and action. The 2013 reboot was a smooth transition into the current generation for a modern, but not too modern, first person shooter. If that's not enough classically fast and furious shootin' for you, Serious Sam First and Second Encounter are part of the bundle as well!

Hotline Miami is a maniacal retro-styled top-down action game in which an armed psychopath (you) takes on the scum of the Miami criminal underground (your prey). Limbs strewn everywhere, your foes' remains will pulsate to the haunting soundtrack as you slaughter your way across the ultra-fast gameplay, unforgiving enemies, twisted backstory, and unique design. Hotline Miami is something you just have to see.

Motivational Growth is a little sick-to-the-head, but nonetheless an inspiring movie arguing the real importance of getting "out there" before you get too mold. A feature presentation that you shouldn't miss.

Super Game Jam fits the bundle like a glove. It's a package of 5 short films, and 5 short games. A documentary series following each of five developer teams in one 48-hour game jam, including a playable version of each game they created.

Pixel Poetry just became Pixel Poetry: Special Edition. The documentary surrounding the ongoing video game debate and ever-present question "Are video games art? just received a huge content upgrade with bonus interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and more goodies!

Finally, we have Burning Man: Beyond Black Rock, a documentary premiering on GOG.com along with the bundle, a deep and personal look at the most famous counter-culture festival in the world, its past, and hopeful future.

Hit play to Game & Watch with 15 great Devolver Digital titles at 90% off, including Good Game, Austin High, The Basement, Stream Dream, Mars, and One Couch at a Time. You can always grab each title individually at a 50% discount as well. The combined promo will last until Tuesday, February 3 at 4:59 AM GMT.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by Konrad
EndreWhiteMane: Is it just me again or does the countdown timer have the sale ending earlier than the stated Tuesday, February 3 at 10:59 AM GMT?
moonshineshadow: Yep according to the timer it would end early in the morning 6:00 CET
The timer is correct, sorry about that! The promo ends at 5:59 AM CET / 4:59 AM GMT.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Konrad
MWink: I really don't like having games mixed with movies when you have to buy everything to get the bigger discount. I come here for games, not movies. I don't mind movies being available here but this feels like now they're becoming detrimental.
We're sorry we put things on promo sometimes :( We'll never do it again!

[edit] felt so horrible, I forgot to quote the post I was replying to.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Ciris
Ciris: We're sorry we put things on promo sometimes :( We'll never do it again!
Protoss: But I still don't have all GOG movies. :-(
Well, this is a chance to get 10 of 'em, including some pretty intriguing ones ;)

undeadcow: Motivational Growth, a film featuring Jeffrey Combs as talking mold, seems like the perfect example of insane indie film making that about justifies GOG's move in adding movies and I wish there was more stuff like Motivational Growth. I'd been waiting on a sale for Motivational Growth so to get it for $0.60 individually (or $4.44 to complete bundle) is madness.

The Basement is another promising title in this bundle, an indie horror film.

Dear GOG, please focus on more Motivational Growth type of stuff for movies.
We're doing our best to get more variety in the movie tab - so far it's mostly documentaries. My guess (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that they're cheaper to make than "regular" movies that may need special effects, as documentaries can be a lot of people talking without any explosions in the background ;)
vanchann: Nothing for me this weekend, since I already own the games I'm interested in.

Please avoid to mix movies and games.
vicklemos: No, señor... I disagree! :P

I think it's an awesome promo! Mixing games and movies is the way to go: you play some game, then watch a cool flick later! I just can't buy more movies since I didn't finish those already purchased! I'll do it asap :)
And Motivational Growth is a helluvah flick, pal! GO WATCH IT!

Tell you what: now, if you're at home. play some classic Shadow Warrior, with headphones on and drink some grey tea. Then, watch one of these cool flicks with your loved one (living room plz) and/or pets, whatever. Popcorn included.
Wash hands, pick up controller and then play the new Shadow Warrior, max settings. Stunning game, absurdly good visuals.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Be happy! :P

ps: that's what I did and it was the best weekend of 2014! ;)
Also, in Motivational Growth you get to see footage of Starr Mazer, a game I am soooo hoping gets funded on Kickstarter and comes here :D
Ciris: Well, this is a chance to get 10 of 'em, including some pretty intriguing ones ;)

We're doing our best to get more variety in the movie tab - so far it's mostly documentaries. My guess (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that they're cheaper to make than "regular" movies that may need special effects, as documentaries can be a lot of people talking without any explosions in the background ;)
P1na: From what your colleagues said, it has to do with international selling rights being distributed through several companies with the more traditional movies, as well as the whole DRM-free angle of it all.

I really hope that this picks up, because I'm not willing to rent or buy DRM ridden media; and GOG is my best bet when it comes to videos. That said, I personally don't care much about movies in the first place, so until the big names come I'll just keep ignoring anything related to movies. So good luck on that front.
The big names will have a chance to come once we have something to show - like a lot of great indie films with pretty good sales and no real losses due to them being DRM-free (which, to some companies is "basically, a cheap ticket to piracy" it seems). We're not big enough to build Rome in a day yet ;)