It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

70% off Rollercoaster Tycoon, Empire Earth and Chronicles of Riddick

It's weekend promo time, and this time around you can pick up the Atari and Rebellion catalogs all at 70% off, A.K.A. the "I had no idea just two publishers released all these freakin classics" weekend promo.

And classics they are. There is the Rollercoaster Tycoon series, the unmistakably cult pack of park-management simulators. An absolutely legendary Empire Earth series which lets you take your own nation across the ages RTS-style, and the inimitable Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which comes with a graphically enhanced remake of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - often called the best movie-based video game ever. It's seriously that good. If you're feeling malicious, not up for saving the world, now's also a great time to try your hand at being a very, very Evil Genius.

It's not every day that we get a chance to combine two awesome catalogs in one awesomer 70% discount. The Atari + Rebellion Weekend Promo is here, until Tuesday, February 24 at 4:59 AM GMT.

Please GOG, may I have some more?
Sure! The medieval sandbox <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade series</span>, in which you can become the leader of your bloodthirsty warband, a mercenary for hire, or the king of your castle, is also on sale for up to 66% off this weekend, until Monday, February 23 at 10:59 AM GMT.

<span class="bold">TWITCH STREAM SPECIAL</span>
Rerez will be streaming Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, live on twitch.tv/gogcom!

You've watched the movie, now you can watch the game, this Sunday, February 22, 9pm GMT - 4pm EST - 1pm PST
Are these worth the money ?

Empire Earth 3
Powerslide
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
Rogue Trooper
Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945
ne_zavarj: Rogue Trooper
YES.
ne_zavarj: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
If you like previous games then definitely. Personally I don't think it was necessary to go to 3D but IMHO they did it quite gracefully without losing the spirit of RollerCoaster games. And you can ride your coasters yourself in FPP mode which is a nice touch.
To anyone who played Alone in the Dark recently and who doesn't remember it from their childhood:

What's your verdict?
KasperHviid: To anyone who played Alone in the Dark recently and who doesn't remember it from their childhood:

What's your verdict?
All things considered, I think it's a pretty decent game. If you can get past the dodgy controls and weird look of the game, you'll probably be able to enjoy it.

One of the major problems in it is probably the combat, but thankfully, it's not very focused on that. It's mostly an adventure game and quite a few of the enemies can be avoided, either by running away or solving certain puzzles.
I must say, though, despite the controls being far too slow and unresponsive at times, I really like their simplicity. Aside from the four movement keys, you basically only have an "action" and an "inventory" key. That's it.
While I wouldn't call it "scary", it definitely has a few very creepy parts that manage to be slightly effective. In addition, it doesn't take itself too seriously.
What I really liked about the game are the puzzles and the exploration, which were very entertaining.

I'll also recommend this video review by PushingUpRoses.
Post edited February 22, 2015 by InfraSuperman
Awesome promo. I already have all.
KasperHviid: To anyone who played Alone in the Dark recently and who doesn't remember it from their childhood:

What's your verdict?
InfraSuperman: All things considered, I think it's a pretty decent game. If you can get past the dodgy controls and weird look of the game, you'll probably be able to enjoy it.

One of the major problems in it is probably the combat, but thankfully, it's not very focused on that. It's mostly an adventure game and quite a few of the enemies can be avoided, either by running away or solving certain puzzles.
I must say, though, despite the controls being far too slow and unresponsive at times, I really like their simplicity. Aside from the four movement keys, you basically only have an "action" and an "inventory" key. That's it.
While I wouldn't call it "scary", it definitely has a few very creepy parts that manage to be slightly effective. In addition, it doesn't take itself too seriously.
What I really liked about the game are the puzzles and the exploration, which were very entertaining.

I'll also recommend this video review by PushingUpRoses.
Thanks for your description - fine video review too! Just got the game, eager to try it out!
Since I'm often critical (and occasionally vicious) about sales that change the discount based on how many products we want or can afford, I want to offer my thanks and applause for not doing that here.

Maybe it's been a while since the last of those sales and I just haven't checked, but I actually did a double take just now when I clicked two boxes and saw I was already eligible for the full discount. So I unchecked a box and oh my word - it was still there!

Whether this is a step in the right direction or a momentary pause for which we can thank the publisher, I'm a much happier customer than I have been in some time, and I hope you guys are making lots of money this weekend.
Nice. Ended up grabbing just four titles though, It's been a long month...
Nice promo, many good games from the golden age of gaming. Hope the new RollerCoaster Tycoon is a true successor but I´m not holing my breath.
Post edited February 24, 2015 by CorranHorn