It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

There are silent protagonists and chatty ones. Some go for the growly, menacing approach, others sound much more chipper, and once in awhile you might get the occasional dial-tone. But it is also not uncommon for a secondary character or even the villain to steal the show when well-performed, engaging banter is concerned. Do you have any favorites? Male, female, demons, dragons, corporeal narrators - they all count, as long as they have a voice!

Surely you've got some gaming planned for this weekend, too. Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can try and prevent magical catastrophes while traversing the strangely familiar fantasy world of <span class="bold">Zenith</span>.
- You can feel burly, hairy, and incredibly deadly while you're planning your next move in <span class="bold">We Are the Dwarves</span>.
- You can navigate an urban jungle of glass and shiny metal, trying to maintain your balance while running right across the <span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>.
- You can breed a whole culture of oddly shaped creatures and send them out to conquer space in the <span class="bold">SPORE&trade; Collection</span>.
- You can take your revenge from the Nazi oppressors and hit them where it hurts as <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>.
- You can scratch your square chin, trying to make the decisions that Gotham City needs, as the <span class="bold">Batman</span>.
- You can try and replace or bring down a tyrannical spellcaster in <span class="bold">Sorcerer King - Rivals</span>.

So, GOGrunners, what are you playing this weekend?
Wrapping up Victor Van Vran tonight and then probably moving on to STASIS. Or Batman: Arkham Origins. Or Masochisia. Something dark for sure.

Best voice + performance I've encountered is still Tony Plana as Manny Calavera. Just can't get enough of him (and Grim Fandango in general). He's such a delight to listen to.

J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 is also amazing, and Claudia Black made it so easy to fall in love with Morrigan in Dragon Age. Her accent is just delicious.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
maladr0Id: Wrapping up Victor Van Vran tonight and then probably moving on to STASIS. Or Batman: Arkham Origins. Or Masochisia. Something dark for sure.

Best voice + performance I've encountered is still Tony Plana as Manny Calavera. Just can't get enough of him (and Grim Fandango in general). He's such a delight to listen to.

J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 is also amazing, and Claudia Black made it so easy to fall in love with Morrigan in Dragon Age. Her accent is just delicious.
How have you found VV?
maladr0Id: Wrapping up Victor Van Vran tonight and then probably moving on to STASIS. Or Batman: Arkham Origins. Or Masochisia. Something dark for sure.
B0SC0: How have you found VV?
I could do with a more diverse bestiary and a little less ho-hum story but the gameplay is a blast, for the most part :)
B0SC0: How have you found VV?
maladr0Id: I could do with a more diverse bestiary and a little less ho-hum story but the gameplay is a blast, for the most part :)
Ho-hum story? XD. Gameplay is solid, though it gets very reptitive at end-game, once you find the perfect setup. Also wasn't sold on the final fight, but the game itself is very enjoyable and there's a lot of end-game content, which is awesome
I'm having a blast with Saboteur and SPORE...

Missed both of them back in the days, so better late than never!

Bro-tip: turn the "nudity" option on and off in Saboteur's options menu...
mecharma: I'm having a blast with Saboteur and SPORE...

Missed both of them back in the days, so better late than never!

Bro-tip: turn the "nudity" option on and off in Saboteur's options menu...
skeletonbow: If it started out off, and you turned it on and back off again, wouldn't it still be off? :o)
Well, I would never endorse turning it actually ON...that would be preposterous!
skeletonbow: If it started out off, and you turned it on and back off again, wouldn't it still be off? :o)
mecharma: Well, I would never endorse turning it actually ON...that would be preposterous!
I am starting to understand how you got that mecharm of yours...
mecharma: Well, I would never endorse turning it actually ON...that would be preposterous!
maladr0Id: I am starting to understand how you got that mecharm of yours...
Nice way to kill a thread man...