It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

There are silent protagonists and chatty ones. Some go for the growly, menacing approach, others sound much more chipper, and once in awhile you might get the occasional dial-tone. But it is also not uncommon for a secondary character or even the villain to steal the show when well-performed, engaging banter is concerned. Do you have any favorites? Male, female, demons, dragons, corporeal narrators - they all count, as long as they have a voice!

Surely you've got some gaming planned for this weekend, too. Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can try and prevent magical catastrophes while traversing the strangely familiar fantasy world of <span class="bold">Zenith</span>.
- You can feel burly, hairy, and incredibly deadly while you're planning your next move in <span class="bold">We Are the Dwarves</span>.
- You can navigate an urban jungle of glass and shiny metal, trying to maintain your balance while running right across the <span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>.
- You can breed a whole culture of oddly shaped creatures and send them out to conquer space in the <span class="bold">SPORE&trade; Collection</span>.
- You can take your revenge from the Nazi oppressors and hit them where it hurts as <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>.
- You can scratch your square chin, trying to make the decisions that Gotham City needs, as the <span class="bold">Batman</span>.
- You can try and replace or bring down a tyrannical spellcaster in <span class="bold">Sorcerer King - Rivals</span>.

So, GOGrunners, what are you playing this weekend?
halcyon 6
victor vran
stardew valley

(all GOG games of course)
For me this weekend I will be continuing playing Back to the Future which I started a couple of days ago, paused it to watch all 3 of the Back to the Future movies last night and am picking the game back up tonight.

I was previously playing through the Dracula series and finished the first two games, but when I started the 3rd game which is supposed to be the best of the trilogy it is broken and buggy and unplayable so I had to shitcan it for now. Apparently Dracula 3 just does not run in Windows 7 properly at all so I may not continue playing the Dracula series afterall at this point.

I've been in a bit of a point-n-click phase for the last 2 months so it is odd that GOG is running a big Telltale promotion this weekend. :) Not a bad sale, but I've already got a whackload of adventure games collecting dust that I'm trying to plough through now so keeping my wallet close to me this time around. :oP

maladr0Id: ...
J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 is also amazing, and Claudia Black made it so easy to fall in love with Morrigan in Dragon Age. Her accent is just delicious.
J.K. Simmons! Absolutely! Portal 2 was a great game, but his voice acting easily made the game 2-3 times as good hands down. He was the absolute perfect choice for the Cave Johnson character too. I can't think of anyone else who could have done as good of a job, talk about being made for a role. :)
Stardew Valley and Spore, all from GOG
maladr0Id: Wrapping up Victor Van Vran tonight and then probably moving on to STASIS. Or Batman: Arkham Origins. Or Masochisia. Something dark for sure.

Best voice + performance I've encountered is still Tony Plana as Manny Calavera. Just can't get enough of him (and Grim Fandango in general). He's such a delight to listen to.

J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 is also amazing, and Claudia Black made it so easy to fall in love with Morrigan in Dragon Age. Her accent is just delicious.
How have you found VV?
Ricky_Bobby: ...
Best voice in a game ?

#1. is of-course Chris Jones as Tex Murphy.
I definitely have to 2nd this one too, his portrayal of Tex really makes all the games come alive. I hope they do another official sequel some time although it doesn't appear they're doing anything anymore. There's an unofficial fan based remake going on but that's not the same thing.
-Halcyon 6 - Starbase Commander
-The Saboteur

Already had a blast with Sid Miers Pirates in the evenings this week that I brought when it went on sale.
Playing me some Mirror's Edge. As well as S2 which I'm playing for the first time. I'll be rocking in my F117 in between these two games.

And of course the best voice belongs to Logan Cunningham, the narrator from Bastion! A close second is Jon st John As Duke Nukem himself!
Matruchus: Train Fever, Sorcerer King: Rivals, probably a game of Mini Metro and thinking of getting Oriental Empires at the moment.
vicklemos: Shadow Watch + Thirty Years War + Rdige Racer Type V.

Voice? Manny Calavera... in pt-br, pretty sure ;)
Matruchus: Is Thirty Years War similar to Pride of Nations?
I'd say it's closer to other AGEOD games but, yeah, it's similar :)
What, no love for Ron Perlman? "War. War never changes."

That said, most of my favorites have been mentioned already, so I'll just add in an honorable mention for Patrick Stewart as Emperor Uriel Septim VII in Oblivion.
I cannot stop playing Titan Quest. I am about 26 hours in and I am absolutely loving every minute of it. I can't believe I never heard of this game until only recently.

As for best VA, I think I'm going to have to go with either Elias Toufexis for his portrayal of Adam Jensen or David Hayter for playing Solid Snake throughout most of the MGS series.
Nothing. Yet another weekend with travelling...
Best voices in gaming? I'm not sure anything can beat the voices in Grim Fandango and the first Gabriel Knight game.

Although, personally, I found the ones in Sam and Max Hit the Road to be surprisingly well-done, too. I miss that New York drawl they gave Sam.
Ghorpm: Nothing. Yet another weekend with travelling...
Another weekend with travelling? Well, tell him I said hello. XD

I'm going to finish up some Witcher 3 side quests. Maybe play a new career in Silent Hunter after my last Kommandant got depth charged to the bottom of the Bay of Biscay.

Best voice is that guy who does Duke Nukem. A close second would be Wayne June, who does the narration and dialogue in Darkest Dungeon. Dude has some powerful chords.
Emob78: Another weekend with travelling? Well, tell him I said hello. XD
I think this place must be haunted, because all I can hear is "BOOOOOO!"
zeogold: Best voices in gaming? I'm not sure anything can beat the voices in Grim Fandango and the first Gabriel Knight game.

Although, personally, I found the ones in Sam and Max Hit the Road to be surprisingly well-done, too. I miss that New York drawl they gave Sam.
I haven't played any of the Sam and Max games yet, but I played a fair bit of the Poker Night at the Inventory I got from your community giveaway so I've seen a bit of Max's personality at work. :) I've also watched a friend playing a bit of the sequel to see some of Sam also. Not sure if you're into poker or not but they are decent casual poker games with a good sense of humour from the various odd combination of characters. Bit of side-fun for fans of any of the franchises they're cross-polinated from. :)