It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: What the heck. Let's give a few more examples.

Note: This list is neither perfect (because it is often hard to say when the galaxy and offline versions are indeed different, so some of the games listed below may well be "false positives", even though I did try to be conservative in my listing, which means there are also "false negatives"), nor complete (because Gwent is still available on GOG, so games added to GOG in the last year are by definition missing). Do with it what you wish.
Thank you. Some of these have been cleared by MarkoH01 last year.
E.g. Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, Children of the Nile Complete, Deus Ex 2: Invisible War:
The reason for a newer build in Galaxy is that the game files were migrated to a new content system, the game files are the same.
high rated

Note: This list is neither perfect (because it is often hard to say when the galaxy and offline versions are indeed different, so some of the games listed below may well be "false positives", even though I did try to be conservative in my listing, which means there are also "false negatives"), nor complete (because Gwent is still available on GOG, so games added to GOG in the last year are by definition missing). Do with it what you wish.
JackknifeJohnson: Thank you. Some of these have been cleared by MarkoH01 last year.
E.g. Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, Children of the Nile Complete, Deus Ex 2: Invisible War:

The reason for a newer build in Galaxy is that the game files were migrated to a new content system, the game files are the same.
JackknifeJohnson:
I know, but I thought it might be useful to remind them that it's about time they updated the version numbers for either galaxy or offline (or both) so that it's evident that the two versions are the same without one having to dig up forum posts from last year. As you see, I did it in moderation.
Post edited March 25, 2020 by mrkgnao
Gersen: If I remember correctly some devs said some times ago that the devs have access directly to the "Galaxy" part and can upload directly updates and patches without going through Gog team, while for offline installer they need to submit the binaries to Gog to be tested and packaged, or something like that.

So probably if the devs "forget" to provide said binaries then the offline installers might end up being misalignmed with the version provided by Galaxy. I would say it might be better, if you notice such misalignment, to open a support ticket to inform Gog about it rather than posting here.
mrkgnao: Given that GOG fixed the "Beholder" bug in under 12 hours, I would hazard a guess that they don't need the developer to build the offline installers. I expect they can do it from the galaxy binaries. I may be wrong.

As for opening a ticket, I am sorry, but I have opened (unrelated) tickets several times recently and I just find it so frustrating (not always, but enough) that I would rather avoid it.
Maybe I can shed some light on this. If I don't misremember GOG explained to me that those offline installers are also automatically created but they needed to be flagged as updated and sometimes such flags are missing or get lost (just the same that happens in our library). So the fact that you mentioned Beholders missing updated actually replaced the missing flag and so GOG might have pressed the button. Hopefully GOG also noted the rest of your list and is pushing buttons like crazy right now ;)

As for the suggestion of creating support tickets: my experiences with GOG support are almost always good or even excellent ... however I forwarded only parts of mrkgnaos missing update list (which probably is gigantic in completion) to GOG support and getting replys and/or updates for a few times but then they stopped. Don't know exactly what happened but I would agree that their priority is not exactly on keeping offline installers on par with Galaxy. I don't say that they don't care at all - just that they don't prioritize it.

Same goes with missing updates in general - if it weren't for the community GOG would not have received several updates until know. I said it once and I say it again: it is a shame that the paying customer still has to hunt down publishers and devs just to get an updated version. Unfortunately GOG has done little to nothing to change this - but that's another topic.
Post edited March 25, 2020 by MarkoH01
I am downloading a game that is 30 GB through GoG Galaxy,

It has been stuck at 100% for 4 hours. I have tried restarting GoG Galaxy and my PC and it still the same.
Akka: Great work, man.

And damn, this surely landed a heavy blow to my positive view of GOG. It's just unacceptable that they don't even bother to keep the offline installer updated while touting that Galaxy is "optional".
GOG was one of the few companies I trusted... it's pretty sad.
Zoom Platform is releasing more games and a new website eventually. Hopefully more options for drm free then.
Post edited March 25, 2020 by .Ra
One the one hand I understand they don't want to support it any more. But UGH, I had a bunch of downloads in the middle when it got turned off. And I did several tests and downloader was MUCH faster than GOG Galaxy for downloading a file. Strange but it was. I timed it both times for several different games with the same settings yet it was a LOT slower (and this was just a few weeks ago).

I like a simple downloader, the GOG downloader was simple and reliable. Could be paused and restarted later. Even power down one day, then power up and continue the next without missing a byte! Now I guess I have to find a better browser based downloader. :( Yes I have GOG Galaxy for a game that requires it, but am I going to download/install anything else with it? NO. I appreciate all GOG has done but Galaxy is not what I am looking for. Especially when you consider it is SLOWER. And I don't think a browser basesd downloader is going to have resume after a reboot feature.
Post edited March 26, 2020 by DBDigital
Hey Devs, WHY NOT UPDATE THE GOG DOWNLOADER!?
low rated
Oghamis98: Hey Devs, WHY NOT UPDATE THE GOG DOWNLOADER!?
Yes!!!
UGH! I spent most of today searching for a GOOD browser downloader. And you know what I found? MOST of them are either garbage or infested with malware or worse. :( I think I *might* have found one that isn't that bad but sheesh! GOG downloader beat all of them hands down. Why throw away something when it is the best? I just don't get it. It can't be that hard to keep going compared to Galaxy. I bet the access of the files were the same as Galaxy or very close. I can't imagine we are talking apples and oranges here. It has to be like comparing a gala to a red delicious. They are both APPLES and take all the same work to keep going. :/

PLEASE GOG bring back the downloader!

And don't forget to vote on the wishlist as well: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date
low rated
DBDigital: UGH! I spent most of today searching for a GOOD browser downloader. And you know what I found? MOST of them are either garbage or infested with malware or worse. :( I think I *might* have found one that isn't that bad but sheesh! GOG downloader beat all of them hands down. Why throw away something when it is the best? I just don't get it. It can't be that hard to keep going compared to Galaxy. I bet the access of the files were the same as Galaxy or very close. I can't imagine we are talking apples and oranges here. It has to be like comparing a gala to a red delicious. They are both APPLES and take all the same work to keep going. :/
Apples still take money/time to grow and harvest, no matter what kind.....and also when one is out of all other apples and wants an apple it's better to have some apples than no apples.

Also did you check the other thread....Timboli is working on something that might help some people.
high rated
Dammit, I am going to build my own GogDownloader, with blackjack and hookers...
GameRager: Apples still take money/time to grow and harvest, no matter what kind.....and also when one is out of all other apples and wants an apple it's better to have some apples than no apples.

Also did you check the other thread....Timboli is working on something that might help some people.
Of course they do, but after growing and already having all the equipment and infrastructure in place to take care of them, to maintain is very little is my point. They didn't have to drop it, especially when one is inferior (slower) than the other. If they (Galaxy vs Downloader) ran/worked at the same speed I would say ok well I don't like it but at least we have this (apple) but instead removing Downloader is like taking away the apples and giving you a sour orange and saying "close enough".

And no I didn't see the other thread, I will look for it. I was very surprised at the browser downloader landscape. I used one years ago and many were fine back then. Now they are all horrible to use or just plain infested with malware or worse. I found some that might work and weren't infested, but didn't have basic features like bandwidth limiting. Which is a show stopper for me.
Post edited March 27, 2020 by DBDigital
low rated
because its not been supported for an absolute age an' you are so low in number that they dont care if you sperg out ovah it

should have spent teh time durin' teh initial announcement forevah ago bein' sanguine over it

holy crap i never knew there were so many flailers out there. how do you even survive in this world
Post edited March 27, 2020 by Fairfox
low rated
halldojo: Dammit, I am going to build my own GogDownloader, with blackjack and hookers...
Save time & money and skip the blackjack. ;)
===================================================

DBDigital: Of course they do, but after growing and already having all the equipment and infrastructure in place to take care of them, to maintain is very little is my point.
It may seem like(or even be) very little to us, but it's not our money....if it were your money would you be as willing to give people every little thing they asked for? Would anyone else here who wants something do so if it were their money-etc on the line?

DBDigital: They didn't have to drop it, especially when one is inferior (slower) than the other. If they (Galaxy vs Downloader) ran/worked at the same speed I would say ok well I don't like it but at least we have this (apple) but instead removing Downloader is like taking away the apples and giving you a sour orange and saying "close enough".
You forgot browser downloads(which there are download manager extensions for in some cases), which work for many people.

I "get" the ones who have valid complaints(where literally nothing but galaxy and GOG DLer would work, and they didn't want to use galaxy, or if one has data caps/bad connections), but what seems to be going on with a few others here(not you) is "GOG is offering me a slightly bruised(yet still tasty) apple and I wanted an unbruised one".

DBDigital: And no I didn't see the other thread, I will look for it.
DBDigital: I was very surprised at the browser downloader landscape. I used one years ago and many were fine back then. Now they are all horrible to use or just plain infested with malware or worse. I found some that might work and weren't infested, but didn't have basic features like bandwidth limiting. Which is a show stopper for me.
Malware/etc I understand, but again why is bandwidth limiting a show-stopper? You're not going to play the games that minute, right? If you aren't then why would it matter when you got them as long as it was within that day/etc?
Post edited March 27, 2020 by GameRager
Fairfox: because its not been supported for an absolute age an' you are so low in number that they dont care if you sperg out ovah it

should have spent teh time durin' teh initial announcement forevah ago bein' sanguine over it

holy crap i never knew there were so many flailers out there. how do you even survive in this world
lol