It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Konrad
The Witcher Adventure Game feedback:
The lag was too much, I often missed the target and had rubber banding!
Triss should get a shotgun for closeup combat!

p.s. I guess I just proved noone reads this :P
Post edited February 13, 2015 by disi
Played AvP multiplayer sometime between 4-5 PM GMT and there was no lag at all. I had no issues finding and joining games, gameplay itself was also very smooth.
I play AVP for about an hour at the start time of this test.

It was smooth playing, but I did get disconnected several times.

It was only laggy just before I was about to get disconnected.

Don't know if the disconnections were on my end from normal use or because of a lot of people on the server.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by silverwings21
Played AvP last night without any lag as alien in last man standing mode. Connected players had approx. 50-120 ping.
Was quite some fun, so many FPSs! Eventually got motion sickness after a while :)
Great time playing AvP last night for around an hour. A couple of non connections but just selected another group and away we went... Just like the old days but less lag :)

Last night was truly Good Old Gaming (for AvP)
Played AvP Classic 2000 during stress test.

This is first time in a very long time I play multiplayer. It wasn't at all like the old days. There were very few players apparently after 4-6 hours of the stress test. My modem is very slow, but I didn't notice almost any lag at all. I got disconnected only once. Really liked it. Still the really fast unkillable aliens eat me all the time. At least I got to fire at them before the super fast players wiped me out.
I would have liked to help but the testing started at 5am here in NZ and then I had to go to work, so no feedback on the stress Test but if you made it Friday GMT next time it would at least be Saturday morning here so could help.
I am a little late. Found a game on AVP about now. Everything was OK on my side.

I saw the e-mail yesterday, but already had an agenda. I do wish I had received the e-mail a few days earlier.
I played AvP for about 1.5 hours when the testing began. It ran smoothly but some players didn't seem to be connected as they just stood in place for several minutes. Only one game I tried to get into didn't connect, but the others did.

So in all, it worked fine for the most part while I was playing.
I joined in for a brief time period but the game movement is so incredibly fast that you're literally running like 8 times faster than real life non-stop which I find very disorienting compared to just about every other FPS game. That coupled with my inexperience with the game mechanics made me kill fodder pretty fast. I think I played for a half hour and didn't kill anyone ever, but I got killed about 100000 times. LOL

Anyhow, I did not notice any bugs/problems with multiplayer functionality specifically in my limited testing. I wont likely play this game multiplayer again until I have had some time to put into playing single-player and getting more familiar with the controls and ramping up so my skill level more closely matches my skill in most other FPS games. Going to be hard to wrap my head around the super excessive warp speed running around though. (yes, I also tried holding shift down to slow down but that just made me an even easier kill) :)

Hopefully a wider variety of games get Galaxy multiplayer support soon also though.
During stress test I played AvP Classic 2000 from the beginning for 45 minutes. At the first 15 minutes I have been disconnected from the session 3 times at least. Then the game for me run smoothly.

So how did it go?
Have to say the complete lack of communication on this stresstest, particularly after asking the community for help, is disappointing and very unGOG-like in my opinion.

I would've at least expected Judas or someone to be around during the test to make clear it started and how it was going for instance, also to have seen some communication of when the test was actually supposed to be over, and certainly some kind of summary of how successful the test was or if it needs to be done again, how many people were there etc etc.
Would've joined in if they had emailed us more than a day in advance.
Played around 11:30 GMT. No Issues
Excellent news!

I'm checking the new client out as I type. So far it appears to be very stable but I've already noticed something that is strange to me, your choice of default folder locations:

[i]"Folders

Install game to: C:\GOG Games ..."[/i]

Is there are reason why "C:\Program Files\GOG Games" hasn't been used as the default?