It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for <span class="bold">Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000</span>, <span class="bold">Double Dragon Trilogy</span> and of course <span class="bold">The Witcher Adventure Game</span>. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Konrad
Terrible timing. My nostalgia PC is currently in the middle of a reinstall and whatever GOG did to it causes it to crash under a Wine config reported to Just Work(tm) with the Steam release of AvP 2000 Classic.
Is the stress test still on?
Just spent 4-5 hours playing AvP.

DM games were fine. No problems whasoever. The co-op games however seemed to be broken. The AI-controlled Aliens most of the times froze or "jumped in time".

Nevertheless all the games I joined were stable.

Apart from the "broken AI-controlled Aliens" I have nothing bad to report.
djdarko: Is the stress test still on?
Who knows, they seem to have been absent on the forums for the entire thing
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Pheace
OK so here is my experience with the stress test.
Guess I'm a bit late for the party, but I just played about 45 Minutes of AvP. Had metric tons of fun in a SDM game, that lasted like 30 Minutes, then I crashed out of it. It looked like the entire game client crashed with the Windows error message coming up like "AvP.exe stopped working" or something like that, but then I closed that message and found myself back in the main menu (or multiplayer menu I think).
Joined the next game, a Co-op this time. Gameplay seemed to work fine, but my name was empty now. My scores were listed and everything, but the name was just empty. Also while I was in there, the message " has connected to the game" popped up in the log all the time, like once every 1-2 seconds. So I left that game, connected to a DM, and everything worked fine for the next 15 Minutes. Then I had to stop playing because it's 2 AM.
So I joined late, tried the Witcher Adventure game, and it's sitting forever Matchmaking. I suppose it's possible that absolutely no one else is playing this game, but that feels/seems unlikely.
Attachments:
So far so good, the online experience was good no lag or something like that.
it suprises me because the first time you put AvP on for trying the multiplayer, it didn't worked for me i clicked on multiplayer and it said no games found.But now it found games and i played for hours, without no lag or something like that, for me at least.

A complain and suggestion: When i installed AvP again, it re-installed MS redist, that has me a bit annoyed.If the pc has already this kind of programs installed, the installer or galaxy should skip this step.Please fix this if it's possible. Thanks.
Friend and I played.

No issues when we were playing DM against each other (2 / 8 game), other than him slaughtering my marine.

Joined a 2/8 DM game and no real issues until one or two more joined (would have been 5 or 6 total then). At that point characters were jumping all over the place.

Not many games when we started about an hour ago (7:30 pm US Central Time), but that was the earliest we could both be on.

Really fun game. Liked that I only had to log in yesterday when I was applying patches.

We ended in second and third places when we quit.
I could only play about a half hour earlier and checked out 2 matches of AVP.

DM worked smoothly. Everything looked fine, and all my kills and deaths seemed fair. Pings were good.

Coop was jacked up. The alien bots seemed laggy jumping several frames at a time sometimes even though players looked fine. As long as I kept moving bots seemed unable to hit me. Pings were mixed (100-300ms)
I was able to play. Ended up hosting a game of Death Match in AvP Classic 2000. It played fine. I was seeing pings ranging from 60ms to 800ms. Game eventually maxed out players of 8 and it still played smoothly for me.

No disconnecting from server or other serious issues.
I just tried to play AvP. multiplayer. "Failed to authorize(0)". Are the servers off?
TejaRex: I just tried to play AvP. multiplayer. "Failed to authorize(0)". Are the servers off?
Hey there - make sure you start AvP using the "Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" shortcut. I made the same mistake earlier.. Tried signing in about an hour ago - didn't see any games in progress. Guess I'm too late to the party :(
Thank you for a great time I had killing and being killed!
Unfortunately I was quite busy and away from keyboard from time to time. Couldn't pay as much attention as I wished.. Pings weren't best but multi worked good enough for me in AvP. Shall we try again soon?
My experience during the test is mainly positive.

I played for about one hour and I didn't have any problem connecting to games (AvP, DM very chaotic I didn't know what going on at all but it was fun) but I had some disconnections (I don't know if they were related to galaxy).

The only thing that I would suggest is some kind of ping indicator or something because it wasn't possible to know it until I was in the game. But I suppose that this is much more related to the game itself rather than galaxy.
dough: make sure you start AvP using the "Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" shortcut. I made the same mistake earlier.
Thanks, that was the problem. A better error message would be nice.