It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free Joy for everyone!

<span class="bold">We Happy Few</span>, the psychedelic survival adventure that will force a smile on your face, just received a hefty update, which brings fundamental improvements across the board. Keep your crowbar close, make yourself a cuppa, and let's see what's changed:

- There's a whole new island to explore: The long-awaited second island of the Village of Hamlyn, called Maidenholm. Read the in-game newspaper for more information.
- When starting a new game, players can now choose between three Playstyles: the Birdwatcher, the Downer, or the Vigilante.
- Plague Wastrels roam the Garden District and Hooligans patrol there at night. You might want to be extra careful in your travels, citizen.
- Dozens of fixes, gameplay tweaks, new encounters, and UI improvements that will turn your frown upside down!

You can check out some of these delightful changes in the trailer below.
Better yet, put on your most convincing smile and go discover them for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7bB3xnXSFUA
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
Update forum pop or something.
I'll keep watching this title. Still interesting! :)
I know there was talk of rebalancing the survival meters but I haven't been following development closely. Can anyone say how it is now?
It definitely did brighten my day a little.

This still looks about as compelling a game as you could find. I hope I will be able to play this sometime.

Keep up the good work Compulsion. Perma death sounds like great great fun, glad you left it as an option.

Keep us informed on this Gog, thank you.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by bad_fur_day1
I think it is a very good sign that there are almost no comments here.

Everyone who has it got the update and they're off in the game playing!
I almost forgot this was in early access. I wish it a good release when the time comes around.
Post edited April 05, 2017 by Nicole28
So for how long will it be stuck in EA?
I'm interested but I'm still going to wait till it's finished.
Waiting till full release.
Very keen to see how this develops. The clincher for me will be a decent story mode to make the most of the world/premise.
I don't do EA/In Dev as usually most early adopters will have seen too many changes while at the same time play the title to death, so even when it's finished the interest for the game has been mostly exhausted, while at the same time the developers get burned out with the long term scheduling and further drag out development by adding too much content to keep early adopters interested which usually introduces more bugs to iron out.

(Note: that I'm speaking of most EA/In Dev titles in general, not specific to this title/developers)

Depending how long it's in EA it could be a blessing or curse depending whether it's alpha or still stuck in beta...I hope it's released in a few more months otherwise it might suffer the same fate as many other great projects, if percolating for too long when release day finally comes, there will be far less people will be that interested and sales will usually suffer for it!

But I'm still interested, I just hope it's released before too long, as I want these guys to stay in business so that they can make more games! :)
takezodunmer2005: I don't do EA/In Dev as usually most early adopters will have seen too many changes while at the same time play the title to death, so even when it's finished the interest for the game has been mostly exhausted, while at the same time the developers get burned out with the long term scheduling and further drag out development by adding too much content to keep early adopters interested which usually introduces more bugs to iron out.

(Note: that I'm speaking of most EA/In Dev titles in general, not specific to this title/developers)

Depending how long it's in EA it could be a blessing or curse depending whether it's alpha or still stuck in beta...I hope it's released in a few more months otherwise it might suffer the same fate as many other great projects, if percolating for too long when release day finally comes, there will be far less people will be that interested and sales will usually suffer for it!

But I'm still interested, I just hope it's released before too long, as I want these guys to stay in business so that they can make more games! :)
For us, it's definitely a positive. It is a long haul, for sure, but the feedback provided by you guys is easily worth the hassle :)
takezodunmer2005: I don't do EA/In Dev as usually most early adopters will have seen too many changes while at the same time play the title to death, so even when it's finished the interest for the game has been mostly exhausted, while at the same time the developers get burned out with the long term scheduling and further drag out development by adding too much content to keep early adopters interested which usually introduces more bugs to iron out.

Manywhelps: For us, it's definitely a positive. It is a long haul, for sure, but the feedback provided by you guys is easily worth the hassle :)
Thanks for the response, your continued interest is heartening, but it kinda sucks 'cause now I'm more eager than ever to see it's release! :) Eagerly waiting to throw money at your feet!
If the game didn't have the procedural element to it I'd probably have backed it on Kickstarter, so count me amongst those waiting to see if the storytelling is up to snuff come release.