It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Practice your good smiles.

<span class="bold">We Happy Few</span>, the dystopian adventure of psychedelic survival is now smiling a little bit wider.

Listening to early players' feedback, Compulsion Games are rolling in a new update soon, and you can see a preview of it by opting in the game's Beta branch. This update brings tons of balance changes, bug fixes, and necessary improvements, plus the occasional new asset that will spice things up and give that extra bit of variety to the twisted streets of Wellington Wells.

To activate this beta branch follow the instructions below. And remember: always keep some Joy handy, you never know when a stranger will take offense at you for not smiling at them as they pass you by.

1) Open the We Happy Few card in GOG Galaxy.
2) Use the [MORE] dropdown to select Settings.
3) Set the Beta Channels setting to ON.
4) Change the DEFAULT to the new one, and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wH_5r9-i3tw
Post edited August 08, 2016 by maladr0Id
BKGaming: They way Judas has explained it, the devs that have access to the new patching system allows them to upload a patch directly without going through GOG to those using Galaxy. From there GOG can "get" the patch and package it for a release as a tested standalone installer (likely a few days later). From what I can tell main branch patches (meaning those released to the default branch on Galaxy) always get a updated installer. But I could be wrong.

Those not using the new system though, yes have to go through GOG like they always have...
I see. If correct, that would explain the use of Galaxy for branch patches. I do hope however that GOG continues to deliver trunk patches through all mechanisms. Otherwise it's going to negatively impact their In Dev program for a number of members, including myself.
BKGaming: They way Judas has explained it, the devs that have access to the new patching system allows them to upload a patch directly without going through GOG to those using Galaxy. From there GOG can "get" the patch and package it for a release as a tested standalone installer (likely a few days later). From what I can tell main branch patches (meaning those released to the default branch on Galaxy) always get a updated installer. But I could be wrong.

Those not using the new system though, yes have to go through GOG like they always have...
IAmSinistar: I see. If correct, that would explain the use of Galaxy for branch patches. I do hope however that GOG continues to deliver trunk patches through all mechanisms. Otherwise it's going to negatively impact their In Dev program for a number of members, including myself.
Here is where Judas said that, and this is how I interpreted his answer...
BKGaming: Here is where Judas said that, and this is how I interpreted his answer...
A reasonable interpretation. Hopefully the patch will show up on my shelf soon, or otherwise a bluetext will let us know why it's not forthcoming.
Well, the version number on my shelf bumped up, so I'm guessing GOG released the new trunk patch. Curiously, I didn't receive the usual "you have updates" flag on my account that normally accompanies an update. But hey, I'm grateful something has arrived. :)
IAmSinistar: Well, the version number on my shelf bumped up, so I'm guessing GOG released the new trunk patch. Curiously, I didn't receive the usual "you have updates" flag on my account that normally accompanies an update. But hey, I'm grateful something has arrived. :)
The developers released the patch, not us :P
JudasIscariot: The developers released the patch, not us :P
Directly to my game shelf? That's new. I suppose that's why it didn't trigger an update notification either.
JudasIscariot: The developers released the patch, not us :P
IAmSinistar: Directly to my game shelf? That's new. I suppose that's why it didn't trigger an update notification either.
No, directly to Galaxy earlier and then we made a new offline installer for the latest update once it hit the main branch in Galaxy :)

As for the update flag, I am not sure why it did not trigger earlier unless you looked at the game a bit earlier as I released the updated installer yesterday complete with a flag ...
JudasIscariot: No, directly to Galaxy earlier and then we made a new offline installer for the latest update once it hit the main branch in Galaxy :)
That's more what I expected. Didn't think you were giving devs that much power, they already get the snazzy orange text. :)

JudasIscariot: As for the update flag, I am not sure why it did not trigger earlier unless you looked at the game a bit earlier as I released the updated installer yesterday complete with a flag ...
That's possible, I have opened the gamecard a few times recently, to see if I did miss an update. And lo, I did. :)
JudasIscariot: As for the update flag, I am not sure why it did not trigger earlier unless you looked at the game a bit earlier as I released the updated installer yesterday complete with a flag ...
The flag did eventually show, though after I already downloaded the update. Probably was just slow making it's way through the system. Ta!
When do we get the next (content) Patch?

'Hope soon :)

Best regards!