It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not sure if this was reported. I have 2 notifications in the account field (top toolbar), but when I hover over it, there is nothing shown. I don't have any games marked as updated, and no replies (if I get replies that number increases from 2 to more). What can it be?
Post edited May 07, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: Not sure if this was reported. I have 2 notifications in the account field (top toolbar), but when I hover over it, there is nothing shown. I don't have any games marked as updated, and no replies (if I get replies that number increases from 2 to more). What can it be?
Heh, its just friend invites from other gog users for new gog chat which unfortunately has not yet been implemented on the webstore (but it was implemented on galaxy client) so those account notifications will bug you till gog implements the chat on the website :)
Matruchus: Heh, its just friend invites from other gog users for new gog chat which unfortunately has not yet been implemented on the webstore (but it was implemented on galaxy client) so those account notifications will bug you till gog implements the chat on the website :)
I see, thanks. Hopefully GOG will roll out those features on the site soon.
shmerl: Not sure if this was reported. I have 2 notifications in the account field (top toolbar), but when I hover over it, there is nothing shown. I don't have any games marked as updated, and no replies (if I get replies that number increases from 2 to more). What can it be?
See if this link shows you anything interesting: https://embed.gog.com/account/friends

PS: Credit goes to ssokolow for finding this.
I'm experiencing a variation on the web friends-notifications issue - when I first log in, the total number of notifications is higher than the sum of individual notifications for updates, replies, messages, etc.; after checking the link above, the difference is the number of friends invitations. But when I open a new page or refresh the page I'm no, the total notification number, after flickering for a moment and showing as initially, settles for the sum of notifications minus the friends invitations.

Anyone else having a similar experience? I'm on the latest stable Firefox.
I'm suddenly seeing a lot of threads greyed out for no reason, i.e. the first post isn't downrepped and there are posts more recent than when I last viewed the thread (if I ever had).
VanishedOne: I'm suddenly seeing a lot of threads greyed out for no reason, i.e. the first post isn't downrepped and there are posts more recent than when I last viewed the thread (if I ever had).
I've got the same.
Meanwhile, http://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_whwn_are_we_getting_another_free_game shows up dark when someone posts to it even though the first post is downrepped.
Yeah, I also have this. At the first glance it seems random what is greyed out and what not.
Tannath: See if this link shows you anything interesting: https://embed.gog.com/account/friends

Yes, I see these requests there. Why didn't GOG expose that through the site UI?
high rated
I got this too. More interesting though is that low rated threads appear as normal ones.
Tannath: See if this link shows you anything interesting: https://embed.gog.com/account/friends

shmerl: Yes, I see these requests there. Why didn't GOG expose that through the site UI?
Probably because getting Galaxy Beta out the door and through the first days is their top priority and the site revamp has to wait until that's out of the way? It's pretty obvious they are supposed to be integrated together though, so this looks sloppy. Not exactly surprising though, the same thing is happening with the bugged update system, the still incomplete unbundleling, the new library...
The blues are aware: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/below_viewing_threshold_problem/post7
high rated
Tannath: Probably because getting Galaxy Beta out the door and through the first days is their top priority and the site revamp has to wait until that's out of the way? It's pretty obvious they are supposed to be integrated together though, so this looks sloppy. Not exactly surprising though, the same thing is happening with the bugged update system, the still incomplete unbundleling, the new library...
What new library? Pretty sure mine is the old, messed up one.
Tannath: Probably because getting Galaxy Beta out the door and through the first days is their top priority and the site revamp has to wait until that's out of the way? It's pretty obvious they are supposed to be integrated together though, so this looks sloppy. Not exactly surprising though, the same thing is happening with the bugged update system, the still incomplete unbundleling, the new library...
HypersomniacLive: What new library? Pretty sure mine is the old, messed up one.
Exactly. ;)