It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elmofongo: When I replied your post at first I thought the reply did not register only to look more closely at my name.

Fuck between Spammers, avatars, and this annoying glitch of the "account" not appearing when you log in.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN GOG?!
moonshineshadow: Yeah it feels like gog is getting messed up more and more and now one cares about it :-(
Man I hate to say this but the inclusion of LucasArts did destroy GOG ;)
moonshineshadow: Yeah it feels like gog is getting messed up more and more and now one cares about it :-(
Elmofongo: Man I hate to say this but the inclusion of LucasArts did destroy GOG ;)
I am not sure if it was LucasArts, but perhaps the massive amount of StarWars games released had a negative influence in the balance of the good and dark force :D
moonshineshadow: Please fix this soon.
Quick checking in the forums show the following.

1) People who had set an avatar before currently use the default old one.
2) People who had set an avatar before still have the correct avatar displayed in and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/mysettings]community settings.
3) People who had not set an avatar before got the new default one. Example.

Most likely cause is changing the location of the avatar pictures, from upload/forum/YYYY/MM/ to images.gog.com.

Edit: though people in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/avatar_test_thread are reporting old and blurry ones, and broken quoting.
Post edited February 03, 2015 by VanishedOne
Not really a big deal, but since it is a relatively hot topic, changing avatars could be more apparent since it is hidden in the change password/email area under account settings in the Edit your account button. Like maybe change the wording to say something like, "To change email/password/avatar" could be better so it stands out more for people like myself. I just found out it was under Edit your account after being redirected to my library when I clicked the link under My Settings in the community tab.
It would be nice if the game names on the sales lists would be clickable again and would lead to game profile pages as before. Showing reviews when hovering over the name is a good idea though. Its counterproductive to have to move to the right and click on links there.
Post edited February 06, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: It would be nice if the game names on the sales lists would be clickable again and would lead to game profile pages as before. Showing reviews when hovering over the name is a good idea though. Its counterproductive to have to move to the right and click on links there.
I have to agree, current soulution is counterintuitive.
Matruchus: It would be nice if the game names on the sales lists would be clickable again and would lead to game profile pages as before. Showing reviews when hovering over the name is a good idea though. Its counterproductive to have to move to the right and click on links there.
zeffyr: I have to agree, current soulution is counterintuitive.
^ This.
So THAT'S how you do it. I ended up doing a game search for the titles I wanted to check on.
Supposedly it's for tablet compatibility, or so I heard in another thread.
In that case, having the picture to tap on should work as well, in my opinion.
Not a fan of the current system.
Just commented on the promo page change here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekend_promo_strategic_milestones_f8d07/post85

:)
high rated
Direct links from the game titles on the promo list are a lot more efficient for tab browsing - open each title in a separate tab, check all details out, make an informed decision (and if there were a link to the forum, that would be even better).
I see no reason to have to hover left and right to get access to the game page - some of us prefer to check out more for each game of interest than what GOG serves on the promo page.

And I'd like to point out my persisting issues as described and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_account_merge_with_cd_projekt_red_forums/post133]here. Any chance anyone at GOG is going to address them?
Lemon_Curry: Are you planning to restore the option to sort reviews by date?
Chamb: Yes we do.
Just a friendly reminder in case you've forgotten all about it. ;)
A big plus one. I like to put the games that I'm interested in in tabs. I thought the promo page was broken. Now I found out that it was designed this way on purpose. Please return to the old way.

What ever happened to: IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

UPDATE: I at first thought that showing reviews when hovering over the name was a good idea. I've revised my opinion. Apparently, GOG is cherry-picking the reviews and, in fact, quoting reviews on the promo page that are not even on the game page. See e.g., Shattered Haven where ashout states "fun!" and orbithike states it is "A Classic." Those reviews are not even on the game page. Thanks to Gabby2 for pointing that out. What's going on GOG?

GOG, instead of messing around with the coding on promo pages, why don't you start putting in some of the functionality that was lost when we went to the "... fresher, better GOG.com." I, for one, would like to see ALL the reviews sorted in date order, rating order, inverse rating order, as well as helpfulness. I'm sure Lemon_Curry would at least agree with date order. ;)
Post edited February 09, 2015 by Deltafunction
zeffyr: I have to agree, current soulution is counterintuitive.
^ This 2. First I thought something is broken. Again... Don't complicate the things, blue people! :P