It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I'd like to bring up the issue of the "purchase date" associated to the games in our library.

The current system, associates the date a game was originally purchased from GOG. This is fine when games were bought by ourselves as usually the date they were purchased and the date they were added to our library are identical.
But in the case of gifted games, it makes no sense, plus renders the sorting by "purchase date" useless since it's no guarantee that the most recently acquired games will be listed on top - if sorting by "purchase date" serves another purpose, I'm not aware of it, so please point it out.

The question is - why should a giftee 'care' what date the gifter purchased a gift that was given to them? It may make perfect sense for the gifter (and their Gift tab), but it makes no sense for the giftee to have their games sorted according to the date their gifter(s) purchased them. What does make sense is for any giftee to be able to keep track of when a game was added to their library.

A feature should be useful, otherwise there's no point in offering it. So, I'd like to request for the previous sorting by "purchase date' system to return.
Just spent most of the last two or three hours obsessively flagging Korean spam threads in some of the game forums. GOG, I would second (and third, and fourth...) the suggestion made by someone else, I think in another thread, about having a CAPTCHA for, at the very least, signup for a new account. It might help to slow the torrent of spam threads, and it certainly couldn't hurt.

Also, I'd second what Hypersomniac's saying about sorting titles by purchase date. If I understand him/her/whatever correctly, games and movies redeemed from gift codes currently appear on one's library shelves according to when the game was originally purchased, not when the code was redeemed, and Hyper (and presumably others) would prefer such titles to be sorted by redemption date instead. One could, I suppose, argue that "It says 'sort by purchase date', and that's technically what it does", but, as Hyper pointed out above, that's really of no use to the person who actually winds up with the game in his or her library. EDIT: Note that I have no redeemed gifts in my library, so I'm operating entirely off of second-hand knowledge in this case.
...I'm getting overly verbose, which is probably a sign I should go to bed. ¦-|
Post edited February 02, 2015 by HunchBluntley
Eek! Where did all our avatars go?

(Does anyone else suddenly see a total absence of custom avatars in forum threads, or is it just me...?)

Edit: except in quoted text, oddly enough.
Post edited February 03, 2015 by VanishedOne
VanishedOne: Eek! Where did all our avatars go?

(Does anyone else suddenly see a total absence of custom avatars on the forum, or is it just me...?)
YARP!

Had a weird account "freeze" about an hour ago - and now this!
Instead, the bots have avatars now O_o
Attachments:
bots.jpg (28 Kb)
VanishedOne: Eek! Where did all our avatars go?

(Does anyone else suddenly see a total absence of custom avatars on the forum, or is it just me...?)
Sachys: YARP!

I've had 2 of those 'freezes', and the site behaved like I had logged out -- forums especially -- when I hadn't, and could still go to my account settings. I've also lost my avatar.

Is this GOG fiddling with the site re. the Korean spam, I wonder?
Me too.
No account avatars and I still have the login button bug.
Using the Pale Moon browser.
Sachys: YARP!

Hickory: I've had 2 of those 'freezes', and the site behaved like I had logged out -- forums especially -- when I hadn't, and could still go to my account settings. I've also lost my avatar.

Is this GOG fiddling with the site re. the Korean spam, I wonder?
either that or galaxy client intergration type stuff maybe.
I am having a deja vu... it wasn't that long ago, that all avatars disappeared and where replaced with question marks. Now we are grey men. Please fix this soon.
moonshineshadow: I am having a deja vu... it wasn't that long ago, that all avatars disappeared and where replaced with question marks. Now we are grey men. Please fix this soon.
I feel so naked without my Avatar :(
moonshineshadow: I am having a deja vu... it wasn't that long ago, that all avatars disappeared and where replaced with question marks. Now we are grey men. Please fix this soon.
Elmofongo: I feel so naked without my Avatar :(
Yep. And it is spooky if everyone looks the same in threads :D
Looks like quoting more recent posts produces an odd avatar image in the quote. Older posts seem to show as they should, though; this is probably because the quoting system preserves the avatar as it was when the post was quoted (as you can see from quotes of people that have since changed their avatar).
I hadn't thought of it like that, but now you mention it, it does feel a little... weird. Impersonal, definitely.
moonshineshadow: Yep. And it is spooky if everyone looks the same in threads :D
When I replied your post at first I thought the reply did not register only to look more closely at my name.

Fuck between Spammers, avatars, and this annoying glitch of the "account" not appearing when you log in.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN GOG?!
moonshineshadow: Yep. And it is spooky if everyone looks the same in threads :D
Elmofongo: When I replied your post at first I thought the reply did not register only to look more closely at my name.

Fuck between Spammers, avatars, and this annoying glitch of the "account" not appearing when you log in.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN GOG?!
Yeah it feels like gog is getting messed up more and more and now one cares about it :-(