It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Chamb: Ok thanks for the info, will escalate it with the team tomorrow morning.

[..]
Cheers.

Chamb: [...]

Do you have any add-ons installed at all? :)
Yes, I do. :-)

I assume the next question would be "which add-ons" (;-D), so I'm going to answer that in advance. My add-ons are:

- Better Privacy 1.68
- Bluhell Firewall 2.4.0
- Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.5
- Cookie Monster 1.2.0
- Disconnect 3.14.0
- Download Manager (S3) 3.06
- Greasemonkey 2.3
- HTTPS Everywhere 4.0.2
- Lazarus: Form Recovery 2.3
- NoScript 2.6.9.4
- Showcase 0.9.5.10
- Stylish 1.4.3
- The Addon Bar (restored) 3.2
- Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.9.3

I'd still appreciate an answer as to what GOG's web devs define as hardcore security add-ons.
HypersomniacLive: [...]
- Better Privacy 1.68
- Bluhell Firewall 2.4.0
- Cookie Monster 1.2.0
- Disconnect 3.14.0
- Greasemonkey 2.3
- HTTPS Everywhere 4.0.2
- NoScript 2.6.9.4
- Showcase 0.9.5.10
- Stylish 1.4.3
Well, and probably somewhere here is the answer. I'm surprised you can even use GOG.com with all this add-ons installed (unless GOG.com is added to white list).

HypersomniacLive: I'd still appreciate an answer as to what GOG's web devs define as hardcore security add-ons.
The list above? ;)
- Better Privacy 1.68
- Bluhell Firewall 2.4.0
- Cookie Monster 1.2.0
- Disconnect 3.14.0
- Greasemonkey 2.3
- HTTPS Everywhere 4.0.2
- NoScript 2.6.9.4
- Showcase 0.9.5.10
- Stylish 1.4.3
Chamb: Well, and probably somewhere here is the answer. I'm surprised you can even use GOG.com with all this add-ons installed (unless GOG.com is added to white list).

HypersomniacLive: I'd still appreciate an answer as to what GOG's web devs define as hardcore security add-ons.
Chamb: The list above? ;)
That's pretty hardcore. xD
high rated
Chamb: Well, and probably somewhere here is the answer.

[…]
Tip - if I were you I’d look really hard into Download Manager (S3), Showcase and Undo Closed Tabs Button in particular. ;-P

Chamb: I'm surprised you can even use GOG.com with all this add-ons installed (unless GOG.com is added to white list).

[…]
With all due respect – are you aware that vast majority of these have nth to do with site permissions and security? Do you think that I’d be able to even log in to my GOG account if GOG.com didn’t have the required permissions? Please don’t assume that I’ve got these add-ons installed, yet don’t know what they do or how to properly use them; it’s rather insulting.

Chamb: […]

Chamb: The list above? ;)
Let me see if I understand you correctly - GOG’s web devs think that if one doesn’t use their browser in 100% vanilla state that it's going “hardcore”. Gotcha!
Post edited November 19, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
Chamb: Well, and probably somewhere here is the answer.

[…]
HypersomniacLive: Tip - if I were you I’d look really hard into Download Manager (S3), Showcase and Undo Closed Tabs Button in particular. ;-P

Chamb: I'm surprised you can even use GOG.com with all this add-ons installed (unless GOG.com is added to white list).

[…]
HypersomniacLive: With all due respect – are you aware that vast majority of these have nth to do with site permissions and security? Do you think that I’d be able to even log in to my GOG account if GOG.com didn’t have the required permissions? Please don’t assume that I’ve got these add-ons installed, yet don’t know what they do or how to properly use them; it’s rather insulting.

Chamb: […]

The list above? ;)
HypersomniacLive: Let me see if I understand you correctly - GOG’s web devs think that if one doesn’t use their browser in 100% vanilla state that it's going “hardcore”. Gotcha!
No, it's probably the fact that using things like NoScript, Better Privacy and Bluhell firewall might mess with the browser. Causing website settings not to be stored as they should be.
high rated
omega64: No, it's probably the fact that using things like NoScript, Better Privacy and Bluhell firewall might mess with the browser. Causing website settings not to be stored as they should be.
Basically you're saying the same thing - GOG's site doesn't work properly unless one goes 100% vanilla. Interestingly, none of these "caused" any issues before the site revamp. (~_^)
Is all the sarcasm really needed? :)

I was referring to "security", as in securing and controlling your privacy and what data flows in and out of your browser. Apologies for being vague.

And no we are not relying on browsers in 100% vanilla state, but we do relay on cookies, our ability to modify them and properly working javascript. And this things will not change.
high rated
Chamb: Is all the sarcasm really needed? :)

I was referring to "security", as in securing and controlling your privacy and what data flows in and out of your browser. Apologies for being vague.

And no we are not relying on browsers in 100% vanilla state, but we do relay on cookies, our ability to modify them and properly working javascript. And this things will not change.
I suppose it's not, but that comment about you being surprised that I can even use the site really ticked me off. Please accept my apologies.

I'm well aware that the site relies on cookies and javascript, but the fact that I'm here now posting, making purchases, etc. indicates (if not confirms) that GOG.com has all the permissions required for me to interact with it properly, doesn't it?

I find it odd that it's only the front page that has the issue.
Look at it the other way around:
Web devs cannot possibly support every possible combination of browser addons, especially if they interfere with that website's cookies and privacy settings.
So if someone develops an addon that does this, then you will have to be aware of the fact that such addons may (in certain situations) interfere with your browsing experience of certain web pages (note that I said web pages, not websites... some pages on the site may work just fine, some may not!). And if that happens, then it's upto you to decide what's more important to you... that browser addon, or that website. You cannot possibly expect the devs to fix their web pages to support whatever addon you may want to use.

By the way, did you check if the site works correctly if you deactivate all your addons?
Post edited November 19, 2014 by RPGOracle
HypersomniacLive: [...] I find it odd that it's only the front page that has the issue.
Yes this is very odd, as we use obviously use the same implementation of language & currency preferences across the whole GOG.com.

Random idea, as it should have no impact at all, did you have this problems BEFORE the start of the Big Fall Promo?
Chamb: Yes this is very odd, as we use obviously use the same implementation of language & currency preferences across the whole GOG.com.

Random idea, as it should have no impact at all, did you have this problems BEFORE the start of the Big Fall Promo?
Hmm... I can't answer this with 100% certainty. I can tell you that being the type I am, I'd have reported it the moment I had noticed it as a recurring issue; Since I didn't notice it before yesterday, chances are that it started very recently, perhaps even as recently as yesterday when all the bundles went live. I could be wrong though.

Another thing that I noticed yesterday, is that when I log out and the site redirects me to the front page, before cookies get wiped, the prices are correctly displayed in USD.
After cookies are wiped, the prices revert to EUR, so I guess that some IP geolocation tracking is used to determine the currency shown to non-logged in visitors.
high rated
OK, I did some troubleshooting creating a new profile and installing my add-ons one by one. It'd appear to possibly have something to do with NoScript as the site started showing me EUR (note: with the currency selector set to EUR) at every log in after installing NoScript, despite me setting it to USD every time.

But here's the odd thing: Even after making all permissions for GOG.com permanent, as well as retaining the cookie (with USD selected as currency), logging out and then back in (without even restarting the browser), the front page still displays EUR.

Don't know what's going on.

EDIT: Here's another funny thing. While having the front page open in one tab (set and displaying prices in USD, and retaining the settings on every refresh), if I open it from the nav bar in a new tab - yes, you guessed correctly, it displays prices in EUR while the currency selector is set to USD.

--- --- --- --- ---

New issue.

Since a few hours ago, every log in requires at least two attempts, regardless if on the front page or the forum.
The first attempt, opens the login window, but after entering my credentials, another little window pops-up (see attached screenshot). The only way to interact with this window is to close it. Then I need to once more click on the login button on the nav bar, which brings up the login screen asking me only for my password. Occasionally and completely randomly, I might need to repeat the last step a third time to be finally logged in.

What's the purpose of that intermediate static window that pops-up?

Please look into this, as it's very annoying.
Attachments:
Post edited November 19, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: OK, I did some troubleshooting creating a new profile and installing my add-ons one by one... [...]
Tell me, what do you have set in the gog_lc cookie?

HypersomniacLive: New issue. [...]
Is this issue still present? We catch it yesterday and it should be fixed.
high rated
Chamb: Tell me, what do you have set in the gog_lc cookie?

Name: gog_lc
Content: GR_USD_en
Domain: .gog.com
Path: /
Send for: Encrypted connections only
Expiration: *

* Currently is says Saturday, Dec 20, 2014 16:00:00, but!
I tried different cookie managers, set it to expire in a year from now, protected it, excluded gog.com cookies from being purged by CCleaner, yet the result is always the same:
- First visit to the front page respects the currency selector choice and displays prices in USD.
- Any and all subsequent visits (opening page from the nav bar), display prices in EUR, even though I have not changed the currency. It requires a page refresh for the prices to display correctly.

No idea what else to try, I give up.

One critical question - when this setting will be manageable from within our account settings, will it work any better? Like respect the setting just like every other setting in our account is respected, regardless of if cookies are wiped out at session end?

Chamb: [...]

Thankfully, no, login returned to its regular process, cheers.
high rated
For the love of GOG, can someone PLEASE do something to stop the recurring notifications for TW1 update? It has popped-up about a dozen times today!

Here's an idea - shut Geralt up, and instead make the notifications for Wasteland 2 work! ;-D