It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: "Regionally prized"
As someone (I think it was Iamsinistar) already mentioned a logo for this would be neat, because I don't want to support regional pricing by giving those companies money for it.
IAmSinistar: Recently I sent in a Suggestion to GOG (with encouragement from Judas) suggesting a globe icon for games with One-World Pricing. This would make detecting them easier on customers, and also act as a kind of "badge of honour" for games, adding incentive to the negotiations when trying to work out a deal with the publisher.
Great idea.
Klumpen0815: "Regionally prized"
As someone (I think it was Iamsinistar) already mentioned a logo for this would be neat, because I don't want to support regional pricing by giving those companies money for it.
IAmSinistar: Recently I sent in a Suggestion to GOG (with encouragement from Judas) suggesting a globe icon for games with One-World Pricing. This would make detecting them easier on customers, and also act as a kind of "badge of honour" for games, adding incentive to the negotiations when trying to work out a deal with the publisher.
Good idea but I would still like the filter that would exclude those games from my store view until they are flat priced.
Luned: Game forum titles aren't consistent--- I preordered The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and found out that the game forum isn't "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" but "Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The". "The Witcher", "The Incredible Machine", and the forums for every other game I have whose official titles start with "The" are alphabetized under T. If you're going to change the pattern, then change all the others as well. :)
It's worse than that: 'STALKER series' comes before 'Sacred series'. These are old problems, though, and the recent inconsistency between 'The Witcher'/'The Witcher 2' and 'Witcher Adventure Game, The (online beta)' suggests that they're probably a low priority.
Post edited September 24, 2014 by VanishedOne
That's good idea.
I remember this - got a reply?
HypersomniacLive: I remember this - got a reply?
Just the automated reply that the system had received it, dated September 4th.
How about a splash of color, come the release of galaxy?
Artoemius: Ironically, Steam has now added GOG's previous convenient screenshot-viewing feature that GOG now lacks.
Ironically Steam now has colour, that GOG now lacks ;-)
Artoemius: Ironically, Steam has now added GOG's previous convenient screenshot-viewing feature that GOG now lacks.
CrashNBrn: Ironically Steam now has colour, that GOG now lacks ;-)
And Steam also has Curators now - a point that was always the sore point of that store and the thing gog had and steam didn't.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by Matruchus
so...you guys reverted the news back to a two-column list and that script keeps breaking again.

sigh.

had to yank it out of the objects loaded on landing at the page with adblock plus again. the other version worked just fine [the long list.]

and this means that - on top of that, i'll have to hunt for the latest releases, etc in the forums again, because - more than likely - you didn't create a /news page.

confiremd. /news redirects to gog.com. back to square one.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by lostwolfe
lostwolfe: so...you guys reverted the news back to a two-column list and that script keeps breaking again.

sigh.

had to yank it out of the objects loaded on landing at the page with adblock plus again. the other version worked just fine [the long list.]

and this means that - on top of that, i'll have to hunt for the latest releases, etc in the forums again, because - more than likely - you didn't create a /news page.

confiremd. /news redirects to gog.com. back to square one.
Not sure what you mean. See the two attached pictures. At 1366x768 there's one column for news and one for the games list on the homepage, and the /news display properly. Are you sure it's not adblock that's messing the site, again?
Attachments:
homepage.png (377 Kb)
news.jpg (193 Kb)
JMich: Not sure what you mean. See the two attached pictures. At 1366x768 there's one column for news and one for the games list on the homepage, and the /news display properly. Are you sure it's not adblock that's messing the site, again?
it renders differently in 1366x768.
in 800x600 it's basically two columns. i'll attach a picture so you can see. news is on the left and the charts are on the right. the news part seems to break for me while the page is loading up. i'm not curious enough to go and look into the .js to tell why it's breaking [it's almost simpler just to disable the news] - but that /also/ means that the "more news" button isn't loading properly [because, presumably [god knows why - he's not telling] that's part of the .js as well - a hilarious piece of silliness if ever there was one.]

on a related, though separate matter, i'd love to be able to type: www.gog.com/news and simply be placed at a page that has the news archives, but the only way to arrive there is to click on a news story so that it can do a full url. [ie: www.gog.com/news/sins_of_the_fathers_release.html - you get the idea.]

this is frustrating, because right now, i have to look at the forum very carefully [because i'm disabling the news section until it quits breaking my browser again] to discover what got released.

let there be pictures!

and lo, for there were:
Attachments:
lostwolfe: it renders differently in 1366x768.
in 800x600 it's basically two columns.
My eyes temporarily hate you, but see attached pictures. 800x600 is one column, not two.

lostwolfe: this is frustrating, because right now, i have to look at the forum very carefully [because i'm disabling the news section until it quits breaking my browser again] to discover what got released.
RSS feed? Why not use that? feed://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss
Attachments:
homepage1.jpg (105 Kb)
news.jpg (107 Kb)
JMich: My eyes temporarily hate you, but see attached pictures. 800x600 is one column, not two.
how weird. it looked like that a couple of days ago to me, too. now it just looks like the old version of the site came back. hm. i guess i'll try clearing my cache and seeing what that does so it forces a reload.

edit: cache cleared. no different. how odd.

ps: sorry about your eyes. :(

JMich: RSS feed? Why not use that? feed://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss
a good point. i didn't even think of that. [i've never needed to set up rss for anything.]
high rated
JMich: Not sure what you mean. See the two attached pictures. At 1366x768 there's one column for news and one for the games list on the homepage, and the /news display properly. Are you sure it's not adblock that's messing the site, again?
If their problems are on PC, then I doubt it's Adblock causing them - I have Adblock Plus installed and everything displays as GOG intended.