It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are you guys planning on fixing the Wasteland 2 download bug? I've been waiting, not so patiently, all day and after several attempts to download the game, I still can't download it.

12gb with no support for the downloaded is a poor decision for distribution. And it's somewhat irksome that nobody seems to have realized that some of our connections can't handle a gigantic download without having to pause or restart.

The Windows version is fine and the OSX version are fine, they both have a downloader, but the Linux version is basically 12gb and if at any point along the way the download is interrupted or corrupted, you have to start over from scratch. None of the available down-loaders are capable of handling the files.

Anyways, I've come to expect a ton of bugs in the software here, it's one of the reasons why I buy games here so infrequently, I've gotten tired of these sorts of bugs popping up because nobody could be bothered to do the QA on it.
I'm tired of reporting spam from the comments in the Wishlist, GOG should start banning accounts or put some kind of restriction there.

-----------------------------

The last from Galaxy, no date: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released?staff=yes
The buttons at the top (Games, Movies, Community, etc. don't resize to fit the browser's window. I have to maximize Firefox (32.0.2) to see them all. I'm using a 5:4 display at 1280x1024 (it's maximum).
Lone3wolf: You know we love you guys, right?
Much too early. Since when one brings grey flowers as gift for the lady to the date?

My love has cooled down pretty much and probably won't reach the former level again. Gog.com has shown me that it is not untouchable and not resistant against transformations. Bullshitty transformations... Just another site like XYZ now. Oh yeah, of course, the DRM-liberty... That's the big difference. But, what else?

I'm not kidding, one or two weeks before the site was relaunched I had the thought:
"Maybe I should request a wish at the community wishlist: 'Don't change your awesome design!' This changing-illness of websites makes me sick! Hmmm... nahhh, not gog! They're cooler than the shitty rest, they don't need such a request, they know it. Besides that it looks good and all is functioning proper, why they should WANT change anything at all..." .....
Post edited September 21, 2014 by gamefood
Lone3wolf: You know we love you guys, right?
gamefood: Much too early. Since when one brings grey flowers as gift for the lady to the date?

My love has cooled down pretty much and probably won't reach the former level again. Gog.com has shown me that it is not untouchable and not resistant against transformations. Bullshitty transformations... Just another site like XYZ now. Oh yeah, of course, the DRM-liberty... That's the big difference. But, what else?

I'm not kidding, one or two weeks before the site was relaunched I had the thought:
"Maybe I should request a wish at the community wishlist: 'Don't change your awesome design!' This changing-illness of websites makes me sick! Hmmm... nahhh, not gog! They're cooler than the shitty rest, they don't need such a request, they know it. Besides that it looks good and all is functioning proper, why they should WANT change anything at all..." .....
All of this change is only cause of Galaxy platform implementation. Basically you are being forced with Galaxy if you wan't it or not since the changes of the website are part of the Galaxy implementation and the account system has changed so that its part of the Galaxy system. You can read everything about that here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released/post21/?staff=yes
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Matruchus
gamefood: Much too early. Since when one brings grey flowers as gift for the lady to the date?

Matruchus: All of this change is only cause of Galaxy platform implementation. Basically you are being forced with Galaxy if you wan't it or not since the changes of the website are part of the Galaxy implementation and the account system has changed so that its part of the Galaxy system. You can read everything about that here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released/post21/?staff=yes
So the bland greyness is deliberate? :P
Quite possibly completely unrelated to current or recent website revamps, but I just got gogbeard' TWICE at 10 in the morning with no major sale going on.
The effrontery! This happening to anyone else?
fronzelneekburm: Quite possibly completely unrelated to current or recent website revamps, but I just got gogbeard' TWICE at 10 in the morning with no major sale going on.
The effrontery! This happening to anyone else?
Same here. But I thought it was just my crap internet connection ._.
Just came across this site in my game research and noticed how the top nagivation works. Scroll down there for full effect.

How cool if the GOG nagivation used a technique like this. Full size for branding purposed initially, then space-saving once the user starts looking around.
IAmSinistar: Just came across this site in my game research and noticed how the top nagivation works. Scroll down there for full effect.

How cool if the GOG nagivation used a technique like this. Full size for branding purposed initially, then space-saving once the user starts looking around.
Agreed that is very cool, chances are though they actually PAID their web designer to do it. I doubt that happens at GOG looking at the 'new' design! :)
Every time I read the title of this thread I have to check that the GOG community hasn't. in fact, formed a Jesus and Mary Chain covers band!
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Niggles: So the bland greyness is deliberate? :P
We can only guess?. I'd say yes, but just to ensure that whatever coulour dominates the galaxy look feels like a new birth.

At least, now, we have an idea of what the purgatory is looking like....
Niggles: So the bland greyness is deliberate? :P
Of course. My theory some color will be added on Galaxy's release.
The new vanishing menu bar does improve stuff a bit but can get annoying to get to the menu in the forums where forum pages are very long and you have to scroll very far to get back to the top to access the menu. Just leave the bar fixed and make it thinner as several people already recommended and that should be good.
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Matruchus
gamefood: I'm not kidding, one or two weeks before the site was relaunched I had the thought:
And, no kidding either, I would have immediately voted for that. This relaunch was a really big mistake from GOG - and a very unexpected one. Why would they want to Steam-ify their look, when one of the big selling points of GOG always was that it is NOT STEAM. Why copy the one service that you want to be different from? Only because they are bigger? Now the site is much slower than before, buggy (OK, they are working on that) and ugly to boot.

Good thing that we have barefoot_monkey. His essentials improve the site considerably.

IAmSinistar: Just came across this site in my game research and noticed how the top nagivation works. Scroll down there for full effect.

Pajama: Agreed that is very cool, chances are though they actually PAID their web designer to do it. I doubt that happens at GOG looking at the 'new' design! :)
Yes, this new design was probably the job of some poor intern under a lot of time pressure and with not a lot of experience. :-)
Or IF it really was a professional designer, he wasn't worth his money and whatever GOG paid for this was a waste.
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Lifthrasil