It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Thanks for your statement.
Chamb: Below you will find a simple list of progress made so far, in addition to our plans for the nearest future in terms of incorporating your feedback and further developing the new GOG.com.
[..]
Our plans for the future:
-- Our biggest next step is the brand new My Account section.
[..]
-- We are also slowly starting work on a new support section.
I strongly would prefer when you first would fix the current issues, especially the performance problems, before you touch other parts of the web site. The My Account section, the support section and the forums are the only pages which are not affected by the performance problems so far.
Generally I really like GOG but few words of constructive (I hope) complaints.

One thing is REALLY annoying me - perhaps not actually a bug, but a drawback in a design.

When I am on a game page and I want to go through screenshots I can see only small size screenshot and I am able to change active screenshot only by using thumbnails. Arrrgh... I hate this solution - I really miss "prev/next" buttons ON currently presented screenshot.

When I click on currently presented screenshot (low resolutions) - the picture opens on a separate page - this is also annoying for me. I would prefer opening hi-res screenshots on overlapping layer on the same page, or (alternatively) prev/next buttons on hi-res screenshot preview.

In previous version of the system I often visited catalog/new releases just to see what is new, see pictures, etc... sometimes I purchased a game which interested me. With new version of the system the pleasure of go through the catalog/new releases decreased significantly.

Best regards,
Igor
I would also recommend to gog to separate all the lists that now have games and movies combined on the frontpage since several people asked for that in different threads. So separate headlines for movies and games and other lists separate.
Post edited September 17, 2014 by Matruchus
srilumpa: I had the same problem with owned games not being grey(er) and marked as owned.

I solved it by doing an account refresh, logging out, and logging back in.

Hope this helps.
darkangelz: You sir deserve a medal.
After several mails back and forth with a suport ticket without sucess, this solved my problem. Many thanks :)
You're welcome.

As I said, I had the same problem so I know just how &^#@&$% annoying it is.
Lemon_Curry: Please restore the time stamps to all game reviews as well as the ability to sort them by most recent.
+1

phaolo: games:
- advanced catalog search!
- file check during download. This is a must.
- show version and emulator on each game page.
- owners should still access pages of removed games.
+1 for all of that. As already mentioned, have a look at MaGog for the search.

ChrisSD: I don't think it's a mess exactly and I do think it works well if your machine is powerful enough and has enough memory. However, I agree it can be slow, buggy and even broken on lower spec machines. I really hope GOG does optimise the front page, especially the javascript.
Yes, make a high end system a requirement to view the web page! That perfectly fits to GOGs new strategy to focus on new games?

Interrupts and events have been introduced in programming decades ago, yet some web "developers" still seem to prefer busy wait and polling, making web pages wasting power when they should be idle instead. That just makes me mad. There are other pages with this disease, but GOG is now the worst I've seen so far. And it's not only the front page, the game pages are even more essential for me.
Post edited September 17, 2014 by eiii
xyem: When you do an update, reduce the number of issues, rather than increase them.

When you need to have a loading screen for a simple log-in form, you've done it wrong.
How true! :)
tfishell: [...] And personally, in the catalog I would like to be able to see bestsellers of all time again, at least as an option.
Chamb: Maybe not all time, but we've just updated the bestsellers listing in catalog to show titles based on their performance in past year.
I liked all time bestsellers too. It was fun to see how Witcher 3 is climbing up. ;)
Another issue that really needs fixing. Its now possible to rate game reviews on game profile pages as many times as you wan't. You can just logout and login again and voila you can vote again. Seriously watch out what you are changing its not funny anymore. You fix something and then break something else.
Chamb: ...
Thank you Chamb! Much appreciated :)
Matruchus: Another issue that really needs fixing. Its now possible to rate game reviews on game profile pages as many times as you wan't. You can just logout and login again and voila you can vote again. Seriously watch out what you are changing its not funny anymore. You fix something and then break something else.
What browser (incl version) are you using and do you have some specific settings to disable or flush browser's local storage / caches?

I've just checked what you've reported in latest Chrome and Safari and if cast a vote, clear caches / local storage then relog (or simply switch to another browser, I can see the option to vote on that review again... However, even though the counter increases when I do (it's javascript) after anoher page refresh the total votes number rolls back.
Post edited September 17, 2014 by Destro
Thanks for the update!
Chamb: ..
Our plans for the future:
-- Our biggest next step is the brand new My Account section.
[..]
-- We are also slowly starting work on a new support section.
eiii: I strongly would prefer when you first would fix the current issues, especially the performance problems, before you touch other parts of the web site. The My Account section, the support section and the forums are the only pages which are not affected by the performance problems so far.
^ This and also fix the game search function. We need the fast little drop down list back, instead of the lagging new search page. Not to forget the direct link to the game shelf on a game's shop page if one already owns it.
Destro:
Ok I checked again and you are right that the counter resets itself. You really should fix the option to vote though - so that it dissapears after you have voted like it did before. Otherweise thanks for checking that.

Edit: Thanks for fixing it - now the review ratings work correctly again.

Edit 2: Was looking at the frontpage and wanted to go through old news and now I see that its not possible to see news older then from 2 september - what the hell!!!!!!!! Enable us to see the news as far back as on the old site please.
Post edited September 18, 2014 by Matruchus
Here's a design ambiguity: the new position of the wishlist button comes below the 'buy series' suggestion, as though it were for wishlisting both games.
Attachments:
Increase font size of the forum (11px is not nice).