It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feedback: The games pages are bloody bright, and I'd prefer one standard look for the site.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/dark_mode_for_the_website

So I made a suggestion.
fables22: The rep system will be re-vamped or scrapped altogether, or at least that's what I've been working on.
Any guess when that will happen? It's been five month since your post and the rep skirmishes are going on. Just look at some threads about the Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition.

Some things I noticed about the current system:

- You can't take back a rating. After you clicked on either plus or minus, you can only select one of them but not deselect both.

- Giving a posting a minus hides it even if the hiding of low rated posts is disabled in the settings.

That said, I would prefer a complete scrapping of the rep system.
Since I've switched over from Steam to GOG, I've been finding it much better :)

You guys over at GOG are doing a great job ^^
Probably going to regret this. But I have to point it out. Gog Galaxy uses Purple as it ID color. But the forums and the rest of the site operates on a scale of grays making both feel non related. If you want more people to try out Galaxy it would work to stick to one color (Maybe sounds bland but it could really help) but then again, maybe you guys are aware and just feel this is the right setup for both.
Post edited April 29, 2017 by PescadorGama
Chamb: […snip…]
Our plans for the future:
-- Our biggest next step is the brand new My Account section. The plan is not only to fix all the issues that the current My Account has, but also introduce some of the requested features - like additional options to filter titles, full orders history, improvements to messages, and much more. As this is a pretty big task, we are not ready to announce any dates yet.
-- Galaxy Client (obviously) as well as many other smaller and bigger things that we believe you will love as much as we do.
-- We are also slowly starting work on a new support section. Our goal is to make it easier to navigate but at the same time more powerful and useful to you guys. It's still in the conceptual stage so it's too early to share anything at this point.
-- Bringing back your avatar to the top menu.
-- Constant improvements and fine tuning based on your feedback. So keep posting about the things that bother you, and we will be looking at how to improve them / solve the issues.

Once again, we want to reassure you that we have read all of your feedback and suggestions. Even if we're not always able to answer every single post or every single wish, we appreciate your help in making GOG.com even better. :)

Have a nice day!
Chamb & The Website Team
Woohoo! You all finally did it all! Brand new account section, Galaxy, new support section, and the avatar brought back to the top menu! Yeehaw! Congratulations! The future is here! :-)
Post edited April 29, 2017 by thomq
Here is some feedback (you probably won't listen to like it's often the case): Bought "Little Nightmares" when it was on preorder. The game however is not shown to me as owned when I browse through the games in store. This is a well known bug on GOG which exists for ages - still no fix. But hey, the bar is black and depressing with some irritating purple and destracting dimming effect now and the notifications are all gone - great work, really!

http://markoh01.lima-city.de/own.jpg
Post edited April 29, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Here is some feedback (you probably won't listen to like it's often the case):
I don't think telling them they won't listen will encourage them to listen. :)
But hey, the bar is black and depressing with some irritating purple and destracting dimming effect now and the notifications are all gone - great work, really!
I also think the purple stripe at the top is a bit strange and unnecessary, but I have no problem with the black colour and I certainly don't find it depressing at all. Tastes differ, the best way to satisfy all of us would be changeable themes.
MarkoH01: Here is some feedback (you probably won't listen to like it's often the case):
V4V: I don't think telling them they won't listen will encourage them to listen. :)
You're probably right but it made me feel better ;)

But hey, the bar is black and depressing with some irritating purple and destracting dimming effect now and the notifications are all gone - great work, really!
V4V: I also think the purple stripe at the top is a bit strange and unnecessary, but I have no problem with the black colour and I certainly don't find it depressing at all. Tastes differ, the best way to satisfy all of us would be changeable themes.
All I wanted to say is that they should change their priorities and rather fix already broken things than concentrate on look and feel. Especially if they tend to break additional things while doing this. I am totally aware that my subjective taste does not matter here and since there is Barefoot Essentials available to help me out here I really don't care anymore.
Post edited April 30, 2017 by MarkoH01
thomq: Woohoo! You all finally did it all!
Except for the last part.
thomq: Woohoo! You all finally did it all!
Lemon_Curry: Except for the last part.
+1
Chamb: -- Constant improvements and fine tuning based on your feedback. So keep posting about the things that bother you, and we will be looking at how to improve them / solve the issues.
These things are really bothering me...

We could really use a better review system. We should be able to update our reviews and sort them based on rating or newest / oldest, etc. Really shouldn't be that hard to implement unless that code is really bad.

We could also use a way to remove games permanently from our library. I have a few games for free and demos that I do not actually want to keep because I will never play them. Yes I could hide them but that is just not the same as deleting them. I have no use for them and I really don't want to go through support every time I want to get rid of a game.

Other than that we could use a new forum too, but I imagine that will happen at some point... :P
BKGaming: We could also use a way to remove games permanently from our library. I have a few games for free and demos that I do not actually want to keep because I will never play them.
It might still be worth keeping them as they might contribute to bundle discounts, though. And you won't risk rebuying them later by mistake. I completely agree about demos though, wish we could delete them.

And speaking about buying stuff by mistake, Collector's/Gold/Deluxe/Definitive/Diamond/Exclusive/Complete/Totally Final editions should appear as 'owned' in the store if you own the base game+upgrade.
You are losing sales due to this:

No tags, invisible or not, on the game cards means a search for a game's name that is sold in a bundle will turn up NOTHING whereupon the prospective customer either goes elsewhere (GOG's loss) or pirates the game (both GOG and the devs lose) or buys something else instead (devs' loss. They might not be happy about this). Example of searches that turn up nothing despite the game being sold here: Eye of the Beholder; Albion Prelude; I-War (alt name for the game series).

Why not just add invisible tags?
Post edited December 25, 2017 by Themken
Use Mastodon instead of Twitter .

https://qz.com/951078/the-complete-guide-to-using-mastodon-the-twitter-twtr-alternative/
Post edited January 06, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
Can someone tell me why I can't see my user menu on the page anywhere? I can't find my library or anything like that. What's going on?

edit: I just found that I do see it on Edge, but no on Chrome... major bug?
Post edited January 19, 2018 by TheScorpion