It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: it boggles the mind that someone had this brilliant idea, more so that it got the seal of approval.
Nothing is more dumbfounding than letting people vote and spam delete.

Great idea, that won't get abused.

I think this forum was written in Notepad.
Ganni1987: Thanks that will come in handy :-)
rtcvb32: If I knew I'd be doing this, I'd have probably started way back when and gotten a LOT more MD5 sums from different older versions of whatever games I had, including patches.

As mentioned zips, manuals, wallpapers, etc are not included. Because I use some tools to improve compression which makes them not match, while the installers/exe's I can't touch, so they are safe.

If need be I could also include MD5's for humble bundle games, although they don't notify me when they update so it's whatever version I happen to have on hand which isn't necessarily helpful; while the current list SHOULD be all the up-to-date games, except when there's duplicates (like fez, or Ring Runner).
I'm planning to do a proper list with Windows and Linux installers when I get the chance, maybe something community based.
Ganni1987: Thanks that will come in handy :-)
rtcvb32: If I knew I'd be doing this, I'd have probably started way back when and gotten a LOT more MD5 sums from different older versions of whatever games I had, including patches.
<snip>
Ganni1987: I'm planning to do a proper list with Windows and Linux installers when I get the chance, maybe something community based.
Hmmm just realized that the md5 hash is probably half complete, forgot all the separate parts that goes with large games/patches... Damn... now I need to append to the list... which is easy enough...
Searching for some games, that I happen to know actually are sold here on GOG still turns up nothing. I wonder how many disappointed customers in spe leave to look for those games elsewhere. Example: Eye of the Beholder, but there are several others. Some publishers might start talking about lost profitsss and court if informed about how their games are not found by a simple search.
rtcvb32: Hmmm just realized that the md5 hash is probably half complete, forgot all the separate parts that goes with large games/patches... Damn... now I need to append to the list... which is easy enough...
Alright, got the bin files calculated. Assuming I didn't miss anything else...

same file link so...

To note there is a zip too, although with only being 110k i'm not sure if it matters.

http://rtcvb32.herobo.com/zips/game_hashes.zip
Post edited December 19, 2016 by rtcvb32
Ganni1987: Dear Santa GOG,

I would like to have a way to check MD5 Checksums of game installers without having to download them twice. I may seem a little paranoid but those few times I downloaded a corrupted installer have led me to double check every installer,

Humble Bundle has had this for a few years, something similar would be just perfect.
The file "gog-manifest.dat", that gogrepo.py stores its database in, has MD5 hashes of the installers (except for "Windward" in my case).
Regarding the rep abuse possibility: Wouldn't it be the easiest way to just prevent negative reps in general? I mean what's the reason for a negative rep at all? It also would not be a perfect solution but at least this might prevent hate downreps like they happened so often to honorable users we all know here. I never understood why I should downrep anyone at all. Because he/she was asking for a game to get gifted? It's not a crime and it's up to me to decide if I want to gift something or not. If it is in case a person who is known to be a scammer imo it's better to simply write this in another post instead of simply downrepping - this way anybody would see that this person really is a scammer and people could also add them to the loooong list opf known scammers - if there is actual proof for it of course. Reading that people receive death threats in a gaming forum is shocking me to say the least. We are talking of entertainment, of video games - nothing more. Nobody deserves to be threaten because of such things. And in case someone was posting something which is against the forum rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

Of course that is only my own opinion and people might see it different but I just wanted to point it out since you are listening to our feedback :)
MarkoH01: might prevent hate downreps like they happened so often to honorable users we all know here.
Thanks, I try to stay out of the limelight, but thank you.
MarkoH01: Regarding the rep abuse possibility: Wouldn't it be the easiest way to just prevent negative reps in general? I mean what's the reason for a negative rep at all? It also would not be a perfect solution but at least this might prevent hate downreps like they happened so often to honorable users we all know here. I never understood why I should downrep anyone at all. Because he/she was asking for a game to get gifted? It's not a crime and it's up to me to decide if I want to gift something or not. If it is in case a person who is known to be a scammer imo it's better to simply write this in another post instead of simply downrepping - this way anybody would see that this person really is a scammer and people could also add them to the loooong list opf known scammers - if there is actual proof for it of course. Reading that people receive death threats in a gaming forum is shocking me to say the least. We are talking of entertainment, of video games - nothing more. Nobody deserves to be threaten because of such things. And in case someone was posting something which is against the forum rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

Of course that is only my own opinion and people might see it different but I just wanted to point it out since you are listening to our feedback :)
rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

That can be abused also,just ask fables how many cryers he got the first day about me.
MarkoH01: Regarding the rep abuse possibility: Wouldn't it be the easiest way to just prevent negative reps in general? I mean what's the reason for a negative rep at all? It also would not be a perfect solution but at least this might prevent hate downreps like they happened so often to honorable users we all know here. I never understood why I should downrep anyone at all. Because he/she was asking for a game to get gifted? It's not a crime and it's up to me to decide if I want to gift something or not. If it is in case a person who is known to be a scammer imo it's better to simply write this in another post instead of simply downrepping - this way anybody would see that this person really is a scammer and people could also add them to the loooong list opf known scammers - if there is actual proof for it of course. Reading that people receive death threats in a gaming forum is shocking me to say the least. We are talking of entertainment, of video games - nothing more. Nobody deserves to be threaten because of such things. And in case someone was posting something which is against the forum rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

You're right, but so is Tauto in saying reporting can also be abused. I got requests to perm ban people on my first day, without actually knowing who I'm supposed to be banning and why. That's not fair either.

The rep system will be re-vamped or scrapped altogether, or at least that's what I've been working on. We also need to make sure spam-marked posts don't get automatically deleted because that makes it really hard to enforce any rules or guidelines, since there's no traceable proof of the rules being broken.
fables22: You're right, but so is Tauto in saying reporting can also be abused. I got requests to perm ban people on my first day, without actually knowing who I'm supposed to be banning and why. That's not fair either.
That's why I said GOG should look into such reports. Of course it's not correct to simply ban anybody just because another said so. In most cases however people will be able to provide some proof of why such people should be banned. No ban without proof and everybody is innocent until proven guilty. It's quite simple imo. But great to hear that you are really planning to revamt the rep system which basically is not a bad idea just the way it works now is not so great.

Also I think it's great that you, fables22 are so often here. It really shows that you care and that you really want the feedback. I would give you +1 if I could :)
Tauto: rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

That can be abused also,just ask fables how many cryers he got the first day about me.
I know Tauto that you and I are thinking the same regarding false bans or false accusations (at least I do think so). I don't want anybody to be marked as a bad person or even banned just because another one said so. I just want GOG to LOOK into the matter and see if there is actual proof for the report. In most cases there ist. Seomtimes if there is no proof you simply can't do anything against to prevent that innocent people will be punished but it's still much better than the actual way.
Post edited December 20, 2016 by MarkoH01
fables22: You're right, but so is Tauto in saying reporting can also be abused. I got requests to perm ban people on my first day, without actually knowing who I'm supposed to be banning and why. That's not fair either.
MarkoH01: That's why I said GOG should look into such reports. Of course it's not correct to simply ban anybody just because another said so. In most cases however people will be able to provide some proof of why such people should be banned. No ban without proof and everybody is innocent until proven guilty. It's quite simple imo. But great to hear that you are really planning to revamt the rep system which basically is not a bad idea just the way it works now is not so great.

Also I think it's great that you, fables22 are so often here. It really shows that you care and that you really want the feedback. I would give you +1 if I could :)
Tauto: rules the person should not be downrepped but reported to the GOG stuff who then really should look into the matter if they should receive multiple reports.

MarkoH01: I know Tauto that you and I are thinking the same regarding false bans or false accusations (at least I do think so). I don't want anybody to be marked as a bad person or even banned just because another one said so. I just want GOG to LOOK into the matter and see if there is actual proof for the report. In most cases there ist. Seomtimes if there is no proof you simply can't do anything against to prevent that innocent people will be punished but it's still much better than the actual way.
Yea, of course. People should still be able to report posts as spam to alert us to dangerous and/or offensive content. But it can't get deleted automatically, because then we look for proof that's not there. I'm glad you agree.
low rated
---
Post edited December 23, 2016 by tinyE
MarkoH01:
fables22:
To your knowledge is there any way to stop someone from trying to constantly friend you? :P

Don't laugh, that is a real honest to god question, and no, I haven't been drinking.
fables22:
tinyE: To your knowledge is there any way to stop someone from trying to constantly friend you? :P

Don't laugh, that is a real honest to god question, and no, I haven't been drinking.
To my knowledge, not really. (not laughing)