It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free when you own the base game and its two expansion packs!

You've asked and we listened: starting today, courtesy of CD Projekt RED, everyone who owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and both its expansions on GOG.com will automatically get <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span> added to their library. So, no need to keep casting Axii on us - the upgrade is here! And don't worry, the GOTY Edition will not replace the others but will be added as a separate product (this process might take up to a couple of days - please be patient) .

Why are we doing this? Because we can (and because we are always thinking of ways to make your life a bit easier)! For those of you who use GOG Galaxy, your experience will be as simple as it was - you can install The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with expansions and owned DLC with a single click and update it automatically. And if you don’t use GOG Galaxy yet, you will now have a choice between downloading the game and its expansions separately or as a single comprehensive package directly from the website.

If you've played the base game and are looking for a chance to expand on your The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt experience, then we have some awesome news for you as well! For the next 72 hours, you can head <span class="bold">here</span> to take advantage of our special offer: -35% on the expansion packs you're missing to complete your GOTY package. Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine offer new epic adventures with additional locations to visit, characters to meet, and hard choices to tackle. And of course, the moment you purchase your missing expansion(s), the GOTY Edition will materialize in your library along with them!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt along with Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine have already amassed more than 800 awards and have gained their rightful place among the most celebrated games of all time. Now it's time to give them a place in your library, in the form of the <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition</span>!

Note: Currently, there is no time limit to the free upgrade and it's available to all users. You will be notified by email when the GOTY Edition gets added to your account, but for those already eligible this process may take up to a couple of days so please be patient.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aduurw9s7GI
Post edited November 30, 2016 by maladr0Id
I bought HoS, but did not receive GOTY. Today December 14. :cry:
Sirkrozz: ...but in order to play it I should delete the previous version, right? 'twould be pointless to have both versions installed.

I want to check if there are technical improvements since everything is on the same package and surely there must have been some extra adjustments and probably new items?, but I cannot afford to download 30+GB right now, that's why I asked.
In which folders are the savefiles? Does anybody know?
altru: Bro its simple when you delete old version, game ask you you want delete save games too, so just say you don't want and when you install GOTY version save will be there in game .Change are some little cosmetics in menu because GOTYis 99,99 % same as normal game and 2 dlc (no new items, etc. because it will be unfair don't you think)
Yes, you're right! Thank you for your answer (and sorry for the delay of mine lol)! Cheers!
Alyx: I bought HoS, but did not receive GOTY. Today December 14. :cry:
Do you own both expansions?
specialsymbol: Dang, missed it by a day. What a pity! As I preordered Witcher 3 I always wanted to get the Expansion Pass, but thought it should be at least a bit more than just $5 cheaper than the GOTY edition.

Now I missed the 35% off for Blood and Wine and the other one.. because I always check on the Expansion pass and not both items separately :(
Don't sweat it, GOG puts stuff like this on sale quite regularly. Usually every 2-4 months if not more often, so it will come around again, and again, and again soon enough. :P
Post edited January 14, 2017 by skeletonbow
I still have not received my email for an upgrade and have the witcher 3 on my gog account? It's been more than a couple days more like months.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by knightrockr390
knightrockr390: I still have not received my email for an upgrade and have the witcher 3 on my gog account? It's been more than a couple days more like months.
"everyone who owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and both its expansions on GOG.com"

Got the whole package?
i still would like to know if we can get our activity stats (playtime/archievements) from the non-GOTY edition to the GOTY edition.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Loose_Control