It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 1.61 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out and will soon be available on PC, consoles and Stadia. Full list of changes can be found HERE.

Time to visit Night City again!
nvm
Post edited November 09, 2022 by neumi5694
1. Can anybody point me to a standalone download for 1.61? or at least a squirrel that can deliver the patch on a CD to me?

This is unbearable and taught me to never ever buy from GOG again. a 1.3 GB patch and it takes all night? on a 1000Mb/s ?! hell no.

Can i move this to steam? can somebody give me a torrent, anything to get away from this. I work, i dont have all day to deal with this nonsense. for crying out loud, at least give people the option to avoid your piece of crap software if you know it cant handle downloads at more than ISDN speeds.

Cant put into words how frustrating this is.

Or maybe there is an option to download the entire game in version 1.61? as long as its not over GOG, i could download the 100+ Gigs in no time...
fixed Stadia... out of touch much?
arma7us: 1. Can anybody point me to a standalone download for 1.61? or at least a squirrel that can deliver the patch on a CD to me?

This is unbearable and taught me to never ever buy from GOG again. a 1.3 GB patch and it takes all night? on a 1000Mb/s ?! hell no.

Can i move this to steam? can somebody give me a torrent, anything to get away from this. I work, i dont have all day to deal with this nonsense. for crying out loud, at least give people the option to avoid your piece of crap software if you know it cant handle downloads at more than ISDN speeds.

Cant put into words how frustrating this is.

Or maybe there is an option to download the entire game in version 1.61? as long as its not over GOG, i could download the 100+ Gigs in no time...
I don't know how to link to your game library, but in my library under Cyberpunk 2077 there's two files:
patch_cyberpunk_2077_1.6_(58549)_to_1.61_(60064).exe -- 1MB
patch_cyberpunk_2077_1.6_(58549)_to_1.61_(60064)-1.bin -- 1.4GB

Just downloaded them both from the website, took less time than it's taking me to type this sentence.
Post edited November 10, 2022 by Slash Vohaul
arma7us: This is unbearable and taught me to never ever buy from GOG again.
a 1.3 GB patch and it takes all night? on a 1000Mb/s ?! hell no.
as long as its not over GOG, i could download the 100+ Gigs in no time...
Slash Vohaul: Just downloaded them both from the website, took less time than it's taking me to type this sentence.
As you can see: the user knows what to download.
It's just that he experiences problems when it comes to the download speeds in regard ro GOG's servers.
As has been a topic in complaints quite often in the past already.
People can download stuff pretty fast everywhere on the interweb - but when they try to download from GOG, they apparently run into a pool of molasses.
Slash Vohaul: Just downloaded them both from the website, took less time than it's taking me to type this sentence.
BreOl72: As you can see: the user knows what to download.
It's just that he experiences problems when it comes to the download speeds in regard ro GOG's servers.
People can download stuff pretty fast everywhere on the interweb - but when they try to download from GOG, they apparently run into a pool of molasses.
True, but then it still isn't necessarily at GOG's end, or he just had a bad luck and would get a speedier download if he retried it. I just downloaded the patch, took less than a minute for me (downloaded in Linux with the Firefox browser).

Is he having the same issue with all his GOG games (ie. it takes several hours to download 1GB of data, specifically from GOG), or is this one occurence? Has he tried to download e.g. without the virus scanner or software firewall active, which sometimes seem to cause odd download problems specifically in Windows? Etc. etc. etc.

No, I am not saying it couldn't be also a problem at GOG's end, but at least it doesn't appear to be a persistent, or a widespread, problem. Or the hell I know, maybe me and Slash Vohaul are the only GOG users in the universe with speedy downloads, and for everyone else it sucks ass.

The only actual download speed problems I personally remember from GOG were many many years ago, when I recall sometimes single downloads being capped to something like 400kbytes/sec per download (that was per file, so I could have e.g. three downloads for different files, with the combined download speed of 3x400kbytes/sec, in case all three got throttled the same way).

However, usually even that seemed to go away if I restarted the download. Maybe it got downloaded from some other server then, not sure. I don't recall seeing this issue for years, personally.
Post edited November 10, 2022 by timppu
timppu: ...
. Or the hell I know, maybe me and Slash Vohaul are the only GOG users in the universe with speedy downloads, and for everyone else it sucks ass.
OH HELL YEAH!
*internet fist bump*

We call ourselves the Gigabit Brothers!

#goteamGB
timppu: True, but then it still isn't necessarily at GOG's end, or he just had a bad luck [snip]

No, I am not saying it couldn't be also a problem at GOG's end, but at least it doesn't appear to be a persistent, or a widespread, problem. Or the hell I know, maybe me and Slash Vohaul are the only GOG users in the universe with speedy downloads, and for everyone else it sucks ass.
Doesn't really matter, woudn't you agree?
If he can't download it, he can't download it.
And I'm somewhat sure he tried it at least a second time, before he wrote his complaint (mind you: I could be wrong on that, though - I don't know the guy, after all).

shrug
New patch, games made in Poland sale and 2077 was left out of that sale?

Edit: Also, the forum is (even more) borked, timestamps on (last updated) threads aren't working and as a result threads aren't being bumped.
Post edited November 11, 2022 by Namur