It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky: Beyond, a free content update is now available, DRM-free.. Get No Man's Sky 50% off until August 21st, 5 PM UTC.

Beyond contains three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features Hello Games have been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how they have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded online experience brings a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Meanwhile, VR support brings the entire game experience to life in virtual reality.

Below is a brief summary of what you can find in BEYOND:

– Virtual Reality support
– VR user Interface
– VR user interactions
– VR controller support
– 16-32 multiplayer
– Multiplayer missions
– Ambient multiplayer
– A new social hub
– New traveller NPCs
– Dynamic NPCs
– Alien Languages
– New alien encounters
– Technology trees
– Gameplay Balance
– Discovery Page overhaul
– Planetary Charts
– Creature taming/riding/milking
– Cooking & Recipes
– Cooler Aliens
– Improved base building
– Power & Logic & Industrial Bases
– Optimisation
– Starship enhancements
– First person exocraft driving
– Vulkan
– PC graphics options
– Expanded controller support
– Sitting
– Version 2.0
From the patch notes probably the most interesting to me are:
-holdable inventory drastically increased
-hold key/button for action can now be toggled off for most things
- improved mining laser (better upgrades, fewer heat issues...)

Those were some of my biggest gripes when I tried the game some time back. I don't care much for the multiplayer/VR aspect, so... *shrug* I'd definitely be willing to give it another try once I'm in the possession of a decent PC rig again, which may happen within the next month or two.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by Mr.Mumbles
But VR is still supported in our GOG edition?
After updating, the game wont start :(
How's the game going? What are your thoughts on the VR thang?
ChrisGamer300: It's with games like this that undergo significant updates, i wish GOG would revamp it's useless review system since it's still full of 2016 reviews cluttering up the review section
Ancient-Red-Dragon: And most of the "modern" reviews neglect to point out the fact that playing this game on GOG is pointless because the devs can't be bothered to implement Crossplay with Steam....right?

So therefore, the "modern" reviews are equally as useless as any of the older ones.
Not all care about playing this game Multiplayer. I know, I know, mind blown, right? *sigh*
tntc4: After updating, the game wont start :(
Can you still install and play the last version before the Update?
Should be possible on GOG if I remember correctly :)
nimatoed: Wait, we can't play with people on Steam?

That means we have our own little corner of space to ourselves. Our own personal GOG Galaxy, if you will.
GOG has stated that they are working on further connectivity between Galaxy and Steam... So, if they can make it work, this particular game will be connected as well.
tntc4: After updating, the game wont start :(
hi,

make sure to update your graphic card drivers to the latest 431.60 (for nvidia)

i had problems as well, till i updated drivers. now it's all good and working and even better then before. :)
Dr_Adder: How's the game going? What are your thoughts on the VR thang?
update is great. love everything about it so far. well, except the fact that all my bases now since the update are without electricity and i need to fix that. but i'm a little lazy to dig into. :D

i don't play in VR, so no idea.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: And most of the "modern" reviews neglect to point out the fact that playing this game on GOG is pointless because the devs can't be bothered to implement Crossplay with Steam....right?

So therefore, the "modern" reviews are equally as useless as any of the older ones.
trusteft: Not all care about playing this game Multiplayer. I know, I know, mind blown, right? *sigh*
yeah, 200 hours in, all in SP so far. but i'll try MP eventually. game kind of push you to play MP. for the amount of online missions offered and such...
Post edited August 15, 2019 by falloutttt
Can't even Start the game clicking play acts like it's doing something for 3-4 seconds and then stops...no game launch....not even a splash screen...NOTHING..WTF is going on?
I can start the game. Usually. But now I can't change keybinding or as I discovered after 30 minutes of play that I CAN"T SAVE the game.
I bought the game when it 1st came out and this is the first time I seriously thinking of uninstalling it.
So far no problems at all. I feel bad for the folks whom are having difficulty, the game seems to have been improved in almost every way that I can see. Now, I do need to say that I am not trying the VR stuff. Just normal PC install using GoG Galaxy.

Kudos to the team for providing all of these updates free. Almost any other company would have just abandoned the game, but they've stuck by it.
Not a happy camper here either. BSOD: something to do with nvidia.
If nvidia was trustworthy company I would update drivers but in my opinion they are not.
novumZ: Not a happy camper here either. BSOD: something to do with nvidia.
If nvidia was trustworthy company I would update drivers but in my opinion they are not.
I *have* seen some comments that for *some* people problems in this release are fixed by installing the latest nvidia driver.

Which untrustworthy thing about nvidia are you talking about? I'm aware that there are things to complain about with nvidia, but I don't remember one that is a reason not to install new drivers, once you've already bought their hardware.
ChrisGamer300: It's with games like this that undergo significant updates, i wish GOG would revamp it's useless review system since it's still full of 2016 reviews cluttering up the review section

Can we delete our reviews?
novumZ: Not a happy camper here either. BSOD: something to do with nvidia.
faroot: I *have* seen some comments that for *some* people problems in this release are fixed by installing the latest nvidia driver.

Which untrustworthy thing about nvidia are you talking about? I'm aware that there are things to complain about with nvidia, but I don't remember one that is a reason not to install new drivers, once you've already bought their hardware.
past experiences dealing with them
and this is just my opinion
Post edited August 15, 2019 by novumZ
faroot: Which untrustworthy thing about nvidia are you talking about? I'm aware that there are things to complain about with nvidia, but I don't remember one that is a reason not to install new drivers, once you've already bought their hardware.
novumZ: past experiences dealing with them
and this is just my opinion
What? That's not an answer. What in particular is a reason not to update my drivers? Should I be afraid of their drivers, or do you just dislike them, or what?

I mean, you and I have older versions of their drivers already. What is it about new drivers?

If you just didn't want to buy nvidia hardware, ok, then that's a matter of preference, but drivers?